Married Ladies - What kind of birth control do you use?

What kind of birth control do you use?

• condoms

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • IUD or Nuva Ring

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • spermicide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • birth control pills

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • patch or shot

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • rhythm method

• other (please share)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • some combination of the above (please share)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm about to start reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility to learn more about this method because I'm planning on going off the pill in a few months. It sounds too good to be true! I'm scared to be the only person this method doesn't work for :ohwell:
The trick, emada, with TCOYF is to check your temps and CM daily for several months. I'm good enough now (10 years later) where just checking CM is fine.

Admittedly, there was that birthday 8 years ago :rolleyes: I was tipsy from dawn to dusk...and well, she's a lovely girl :lol:. My only child. It's been good ever since tho :look:. Was just my luck to ovulate on my birthday! :drunk:

The trick, emada, with TCOYF is to check your temps and CM daily for several months. I'm good enough now (10 years later) where just checking CM is fine. Admittedly, there was that birthday 8 years ago :rolleyes: I was tipsy from dawn to dusk...and well, she's a lovely girl :lol:. My only child. It's been good ever since tho :look:. Was just my luck to ovulate on my birthday! :drunk:
Anyone with really irregular cycles had luck with NFP? I tried it years ago and I would end up with only 3 or 4 safe days in a month. My temps, hormones, dates, mucus etc was all over the place!

Is that like the calendar method? I was thinking about just tracking my ovulation and abstaining during ovulation. That's what they taught in my Catholic school :rolleyes: Not even married yet. Just curious.

Yep but it's an app that does the calculations for you. You can add info to it also. It's free

Not currently married but me and the ex were together 7 years. All we ever used was the pull out method. I have never been pregnant.

The trick, emada, with TCOYF is to check your temps and CM daily for several months. I'm good enough now (10 years later) where just checking CM is fine.

Admittedly, there was that birthday 8 years ago :rolleyes: I was tipsy from dawn to dusk...and well, she's a lovely girl :lol:. My only child. It's been good ever since tho :look:. Was just my luck to ovulate on my birthday! :drunk:

Yes this is what I've heard, I'm planning on getting an app similar to MyDays to help track.

I know that things can happen :grin: so if anything I would hope to mess up at least after a year or so of doing it since that's what we were planning anyway!

I'm sure your girl is quite the blessing :Rose:

Yes this is what I've heard, I'm planning on getting an app similar to MyDays to help track.

I know that things can happen :grin: so if anything I would hope to mess up at least after a year or so of doing it since that's what we were planning anyway!

I'm sure your girl is quite the blessing :Rose:
She sure is....

If it's any consolation, that birthday "ooops" was after 3 yrs of diligent nfp. And we colored minimum three times a week. Vigorously :lachen: if I can, you can emada.

I believe my mirena is causing my hair to thin. However, my periods are short, light, and seldom.

I saw this and wanted to say that I think my Mirena hindered my hair growth. Now that it's out, my hair is really growing. But the upside was that I stopped having periods.

Back