Married Ladies - What kind of birth control do you use?

What kind of birth control do you use?

• condoms

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • IUD or Nuva Ring

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • spermicide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • birth control pills

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • patch or shot

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • rhythm method

• other (please share)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • some combination of the above (please share)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glib Gurl

Whether you have finished popping out babies or just want to build more of a nest egg before you start to reproduce or just don't want any children at all...I'm curious, what kind of birth control do you married ladies use?

#nosy

None! My husband had a vasectomy 6 years ago. It was one the best decisions he's ever made!:grin:

How many children do you have?

I would like to go on BC (the shot) after this child but my FH is tripping. So he needs to get a vasectomy because I refuse to raise a farm.

pre_medicalrulz;19886463[B said:
]How many children do you have?[/B]

I would like to go on BC (the shot) after this child but my FH is tripping. So he needs to get a vasectomy because I refuse to raise a farm.

I have a 17 year old daughter that was almost 3 when we meet and we have a 13 year old boy together. He accepted my daughter as his and therefore decided he was done having children. Very few people know that my daughter is not biologically his.

I've been on the pill for the past 6 years as we just married last year. I'm looking to stop the pills ASAP. I'm looking into the natural family planning method to go hormone free and going old school and get fitted for a diaphragm.

I didn't know there were others on the non plan :). I tried the pill earlier in our marriage and I got bp problems. Now it's sometimes condoms or nothing. I am looking for something, because I am done wt kids. I will jokingly :look: raise the topic of a vasectomy with my DH.

IUD. DH kept saying that he would call his dr to discuss a vasectomy... well he was dragging his feet so... I called my dr and got the IUD :D works for me

I didn't know there were others on the non plan :). I tried the pill earlier in our marriage and I got bp problems. Now it's sometimes condoms or nothing. I am looking for something, because I am done wt kids. I will jokingly :look: raise the topic of a vasectomy with my DH.

This is where we are. Hormonal BC made me sick (like morning sickness every month). Dh is going to get snipped one of these days. I don't know what he's waiting on.:lol:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

This is where we are. Hormonal BC made me sick (like morning sickness every month). Dh is going to get snipped one of these days. I don't know what he's waiting on.:lol: Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

Yeah, I'm never messing with any hormonal stuff again.

Mirena works for us. Another benefit was that after years of frustration it took care of my insanely heavy periods.
For a long time I resisted using 'hormones' but having tried both natural & orthodox treatments it was my last option & I'm so grateful it works.

Sent from my iPhone

^^^ Interesting. I've avoided IUDs because I saw one of the main side effects was heavy periods which I already have a problem with. That and the fact that I saw how it is removed :nono:

^^^ Interesting. I've avoided IUDs because I saw one of the main side effects was heavy periods which I already have a problem with. That and the fact that I saw how it is removed :nono:
IUD's are copper based & can be problematic if you already have heavy periods or the tendency. IUS is mirena which is progesterone based (hormonal) and it's licensed for treatment of heavy periods or contraception or both.

Sent from my iPhone

IUD's are copper based & can be problematic if you already have heavy periods or the tendency. IUS is mirena which is progesterone based (hormonal) and it's licensed for treatment of heavy periods or contraception or both.

Sent from my iPhone

I believe my mirena is causing my hair to thin. However, my periods are short, light, and seldom.

I believe my mirena is causing my hair to thin. However, my periods are short, light, and seldom.

Ok welp, that's not an option.

*Sigh* Ive been trying to figure out what I should go with. I've had two miscarriages over the last year or so and I've decided that I dont ever want to be pregnant again. Especially at my age.

I used lady comp prior to pregnancy - Basal temperature fertility machine - It worked perfectly... Now... I need to get back to it.

Not currently married, but when I was with my ex for 2 decades, the last decade I used Natural Family Planning.

It was great. We used barriers (diaphragm, condoms, foam or film) , for four days preceeding and 3 days post ovulation. I loved not having side effects of hormonal BC.

The first ten years together, I'd run the gamut: IUD (after baby), pills, Depo (NEVER again), Norplant.

I hope FH2 (:lol:!!) has a vasectomy already. Maybe I should put that in my online profile as a requirment. :lachen:

Last edited:
I used lady comp prior to pregnancy - Basal temperature fertility machine - It worked perfectly... Now... I need to get back to it.

Not currently married, but when I was with my ex for 2 decades, the last decade I used Natural Family Planning.

It was great. We used barriers (diaphragm, condoms, foam or film) , for four days preceeding and 3 days post ovulation. I loved not having side effects of hormonal BC.

The first ten years together, I'd run the gamut: IUD (after baby), pills, Depo (NEVER again), Norplant.

I hope FH2 (:lol:!!) has a vasectomy already. Maybe I should put that in my online profile as a requirment. :lachen:

I'm about to start reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility to learn more about this method because I'm planning on going off the pill in a few months. It sounds too good to be true! I'm scared to be the only person this method doesn't work for :ohwell:

Back