Married Ladies Random Thoughts

OAN,
I decided to rest an extra day at work...I was just a little tired.

DH decided to stay home and wanted some loving. I even ran from him and he chased me around the kitchen. Then asked for some more. Then after that asked for 3rds. I sent him to bed. We had a fun day. Ion know about his husband of mine. But no complaints. I'm just not the spring chicken I used to be. He isn't either. But yesterday was a spring day for the most part.

Finally met the woman some of y’all discuss in other threads. She’s married and she’s fully anti-woman. A clear misogynist.
like go hate yourself in peace and leave the rest of us alone. Exhausting.
All she does is share those “be your man peace” memes and things like that. Naw be what your man deserves :drunk: some of em don’t deserve peace.
Be his peace?
My husband is A F R A I D if I'm too quiet.

What are the holiday plans married ladies?
We plan to stay home, cook, relax. I have been purging the house to plan for decorating. I am moving closer to a MORE minimal lifestyle.
We stayed within the same bubble we’ve had since COVID started.
Just found out one of the couples’ brother tested positive for COVID. Always knew it would be them who potentially exposed the rest of us.
we’re supposed to do New Years with the same group but idk about that now

For those who go on double dates more than I do:

Who usually pays the bill

1. All split the bill
2. The two men (or one partner from each couple) split the bill
3. One person pays for everything

For those who go on double dates more than I do:

Who usually pays the bill

1. All split the bill
2. The two men (or one partner from each couple) split the bill
3. One person pays for everything
It’s been a long time since that’s happened but the men pay for themselves and their wives/SOs. I don’t ever pay if DH is with me… even when we had main separate accounts.

Lord have mercy. Why do I have to tell you to do some things three, Three, THREE times??! He's pretty good at following my requests but sometimes he's not. Repeating myself when I know your behind heard me the first time is one of my pet peeves. "Don't make me say it again". I sound like his mother instead of his wife. He's a good man but sometimes he drives me crazy. I have a short fuse and am grumpy because I'm menopausal and tired from the recent hot flashes all night. I do know better ways to ask him to do things so I get what I want but I don't have the patience right now. Just freaking do it like I asked. Dammit. :mad:

@Everything Zen congrats! The daughter must go to sleep at some point? :)
Yes but for me it’s really not worth waiting up for no quickie mess anyway. I feel more free when she’s out of the house. Like a weekend gone or during school. Still doesn’t happen much if ever because of work or other obligations. My nerves are too much on edge- have been so for years. Not for a lack of wanting on his part.

Thanks, that's what we would prefer.

I met a friends new beau the other night. He seems like a great guy, good conversation. At the end he insisted on covering the full bill.

I get the gesture, but it felt a lil off ettiquette wise, just couldn't put a finger on it. If it were just me meeting them and he paid for just us ladies i wouldn't have blinked. With another man present it seemed a little dominanting? DH didn't like it and neither did I, but decided not to go back and forth too long. Hoping it's a one off and he just wanted to make a good impression.

The other double date I went on a while back, my female friend tried to take over the bill. Also saying and hinting that she was the most financially sound (incorrect) so she should pick it up :look:. Another dominant move - which I checked her on later. Hoping for a smooth, straightforward, traditional split next time.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's what we would prefer.

I met a friends new beau the other night. He seems like a great guy, good conversation. At the end he insisted on covering the full bill.

I get the gesture, but it felt a lil off ettiquette wise, just couldn't put a finger on it. If it were just me meeting them and he paid for just us ladies i wouldn't have blinked. With another man present it seemed a little dominanting? DH didn't like it and neither did I, but decided not to go back and forth too long. Hoping it's a one off and he just wanted to make a good impression.

The other double date I went on a while back, my female friend tried to take over the bill. Also saying and hinting that she was the most financially sound (incorrect) so she should pick it up :look:. Another dominant move - which I checked her on later. Hoping for a smooth, straightforward, traditional split next time.
I can understand why you and your husband would feel that way. However, some people think splitting bills at a dinner is tacky so maybe he's one of those people. He might think that the couples will start going out together regularly and your husband will get the bill the next time.

I can understand why you and your husband would feel that way. However, some people think splitting bills at a dinner is tacky so maybe he's one of those people. He might think that the couples will start going out together regularly and your husband will get the bill the next time.

Interesting. I need to read up on this.
He's also from Portugal so it could be a norm for this first time meeting situation.

Back