Married at what age?

How old were you when you got married?

• Under 25

Votes: 65 49.2%
  • Over 25

Votes: 67 50.8%

• Total voters
Married at 19 and wheeew, has it been hard. I don't know if I would suggest it to many. The only reason we've made it is throug prayer and because we chose to develop the mindset that God intended: Marriage is forever. That took awhile to really get but once we got it, it made all our problems easier to look at and deal with. We know we're there for the long haul so we may as well deal with our issues so we can get back to happiness. Shoot. Forever is too long to be being unhappy. :nono:

I got married at 23, we had been together for 7 years before that, it was the perfect God given time for us both, I love it! And him!

Kiss, if you are not ready then don't do it yet; you thought you'd be married at 26+ or you don't want to marry before 26+? The real thing will still be there in three years...don't be persuaded by what others are doing. I married at 21 but I really should have waited.

ITA :yep:

I was married at 20 and although I love my kids, and would want them here no matter what, I really wish I would have waited to marry their father.

Married at 19 and wheeew, has it been hard. I don't know if I would suggest it to many. The only reason we've made it is throug prayer and because we chose to develop the mindset that God intended: Marriage is forever. That took awhile to really get but once we got it, it made all our problems easier to look at and deal with. We know we're there for the long haul so we may as well deal with our issues so we can get back to happiness. Shoot. Forever is too long to be being unhappy. :nono:

23 and what she said ^^^^^^

When I was 20 or 21, I wanted to be engaged by the end of my 28th year.
I don't have much time left.
The caliber of men keeps going up, so there's that.

Married at 23...will celebrate 18 yrs. in september.

You go girl! It can happen..I know it can. Some people have really negative things to say about getting married young. But I'm the type of person that takes life as it comes. Wait for what????

--I've been with SO for about 4 years now. Met him when I had just turned 19. By God's grace we'll be engaged this year and married by 25. But we'll see.

well i am 23 and will be 24 in november. i do not even have a BOYFRIEND, let alone a fiance. so i have several steps to take before i get married, lol! however, i have two years of grad school to complete. i think even if i had a fiance the idea of the wedding would get placed on the backburner(is that bad?:nono:). i would love to be married at 26 or 27, though...

Congrats to you too! The years have flown by really fast . . .(in a good way :-).

Thanks, I totally agree you. You know how the old folks saying goes if you make it through the first 5yrs the rest is easy sailing.

But it has been a great experience though it good to know you have somebody on your team no matter what.

Back