Married at what age?

How old were you when you got married?

• Under 25

Votes: 65 49.2%
  • Over 25

Votes: 67 50.8%

• Total voters

Amour

I will be married by the time I am 23 but I always thought I would be married when I was 26+. It also seems to me that everyone is getting married younger and younger.

How old were you when you got married!?

I will be married by the time I am 23 but I always thought I would be married when I was 26+. It also seems to me that everyone is getting married younger and younger.

Kiss, if you are not ready then don't do it yet; you thought you'd be married at 26+ or you don't want to marry before 26+? The real thing will still be there in three years...don't be persuaded by what others are doing. I married at 21 but I really should have waited.

Kiss, if you are not ready then don't do it yet; you thought you'd be married at 26+ or you don't want to marry before 26+? The real thing will still be there in three years...don't be persuaded by what others are doing. I married at 21 but I really should have waited.

Hey BrooklynSouth, I always thought (before I met SO) that I would be married when I was 26+, I never invisioned being in a position to be married before then. I'm ready though :yep: , just surprised its going to be happening so soon :drunk:

I got married at 28 I will say that i am glad that we waited. It took us 13 (at the time) years to tie the knot. If we had done it sooner it would never had worked. Our relationship went through a lot of growing. With my attitude and his stubbornness naw it would not have worked. I feel that with all the things we have already been through there is no way we can not make it through the rest of our lifetimes together.

I got married two weeks before my 28th birthday. I can't imagine having been married younger; I was so not mature enough to handle it then.

It depends on the person. There is no set age for it. Success is determined on the commitment (the God Love commitment) in the couples heart. Just as many marrieges have fail after age 25 as under 25.

I am excited for you. I pray to God that he blesses your union.

I thought Id be married at 25 but I know Im not ready plus I havent found the right person. Thought I did but he thought someone else was better suited. So I'll be over 25 and right now Im chillin having fun, enjoying singledom (finally) :grin:

22. Too young!! I wish I had waited!!!1:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:.

But then I would not have my girls:nono:.

Oh well, next time I will be over 35:grin: to the man God has for me, not the lumnut I chose.

i think that's probably in your social group. statistically, the average age of people entering their first marriage is getting higher. i think it's 29 for women now and early 30s for men.

Congratulations KissKiss. When is your big day?

I am 28 and I will be married this August.

IMO there is no "right" age. Everyone is different and their maturity level and readiness will be different. You will find success and failure stories at every age group.

I pray that your union will be Blessed.

Congratulations KissKiss. When is your big day?

I am 28 and I will be married this August.

IMO there is no "right" age. Everyone is different and their maturity level and readiness will be different. You will find success and failure stories at every age group.

I pray that your union will be Blessed.

Thank you :yep:

We have not started planning yet, just talking. SO wants to get married next year, I think 18months would be better.

Its offical when I get my ring :yawn:

Congrats on your up and coming nuptials, hows the planning going? :spinning:

BrooklynSouth,
I totally agree with you, although everyone's situation is different. Dh and I were high school sweethearts that started dating at 16 and married at 21. I too wish we would have waited to really mature and grow up and realize what we needed to be a good spouse in a successful marriage. We will make 9 years in December, but waiting would have only helped us focus on other qualities to bring to the table.

I was two weeks shy of my 27th birthday. He was 29. We had been together for eight years prior and we're coming up on our six month anniversary! Time sure does fly...

BTW, the pic in my avatar is from my wedding day!

Back