March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

So I have been using Mega Tex for almost a month now.. and my hair is outta control! From relaxed to texlax to new growth I am over whelmed!! But I am thankful! I wanna try mixing my MT w/ something else right now I am using EVOO but it might be to heavy or something. the shedding has definitely increased but nothing to make me get worked up over!

Lets Keep Growing!

Got my order today. I splurged this month and bought 2 bottles of OCT. I plan on using it on my scalp and hair. I'm also thinking about trying Rosmary oil that was mentioned in an earlier post.

i really feel the OCT penetrating my scalp more than the MT. i will only use OCT three days out the week instead of daily

I DC overnight on Weds with a mix of MT and HSR - fab result... soft, moisturised and hopefully strong! Still applying MT to scalp 4x/wk or more if being good.

i really feel the OCT penetrating my scalp more than the MT. i will only use OCT three days out the week instead of daily
Hey Shortdub! Welcome to the OCT side! :grin:
I've been using the Ovation system for more than a year now. I only give myself a Cell Therapy treatment once a week (apply to clean wet hair and scalp for 3-4 hours). In the past I used it 2-3x a week, but once is just fine.
I've never used it daily and my results and expectations are just fine.

I :love5: Ovation!

Last edited:
Ok so its easter break and i have no excuses!

I applied mt this morning straight and left for an hour, co-washed and deep conditioned for 40 mins. Hair feels really soft sprayed leave in mix of isoplus, glycerin and jojoba oil. Just air drying right now then putting on a wig i will mt again on Sunday.

Still applying MT daily with AVG. I added more JBCO to my mix. Lately, it's been feeling like something's crawling on my scalp... Hope it's just the MT working. :perplexed I've been noticing a small amount of shedding so I will start taking my garlic pills. My next wash will be this Saturday. I will post a pic of my blow dried hair in my album. I was too lazy to post a pic last wash.

i don't know if this MT mix with Castor Oil is working, but I was combing my hair yesterday, and the comb broke in my hair...NG, NG, NG!!!

Ok so its easter break and i have no excuses!

I applied mt this morning straight and left for an hour, co-washed and deep conditioned for 40 mins. Hair feels really soft sprayed leave in mix of isoplus, glycerin and jojoba oil. Just air drying right now then putting on a wig i will mt again on Sunday.

I'm off all next week for Easter Break so no excuses for me also. I did OCT yesterday and this morning.:grin:

I finally started using my MT but i still lack consistency but this week should be less hectic at work.... The problem I'm having now is i cant figure how to add my pikistrip to my signature

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I will be moving to kinky twist by the end of the week for a six month journey. I plan to continue my MT regi and see how much growth I can gain. I have also added Spirulina and Chlorella to my regimen. My goal is retain 1 inch per month which will give me 6 months of growth. I will not do any touch up's until the 6 month mark hopefully.... Wish me well. I will update once I get the braids in....

Last edited:
Hi ladies....I just wanted to know if I should stop oct prior to a relaxer....If yes, how long should I wait for! Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ladies....I just wanted to know if I should stop oct prior to a relaxer....If yes, how long should I wait for! Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance!

OCT is like a conditioner, you can use before a relaxer.

Urm - ladies, I haven't been keeping up with this thread as well as I should have - if anyone POSTED that they were joining the challenge in this thread - please PM me so I can add your name to the challengers list.
All the ladies who PM'd me up to this point, have been added.

Thanks lovelies!

I did my 5 minute MT treatment in the tub while I showered today. I like that I can still use it with my cornrows. I was a little anxious about doing so before but I've gotten over that and feel okay with it now since finding out my fine hair really loves protein:yep:.

Well, I got my braids todays. She did some sections kind of tight, but once I sprayed my spray, it's starting to relax. I am hoping I can stay under the braids for six months to retain lenght. I will gladly take any tips on protecting my hair under these braids.
I have my MT mix.....MT, StaSoft Fro, Alma oil and Surge 14. This feels pretty good on my scalp. I plan on using this everyday. Also, I will moisturize the braids daily.

Last edited:
Checking in a little past March, but these are my pics for the Jan - March 2009 period. I used Ovation line and was in braids the whole time. Seems same lenghth, but I do like the condition of my hair much better. Gets straighter and no breakage at all during flat ironing.

Checking in a little past March, but these are my pics for the Jan - March 2009 period. I used Ovation line and was in braids the whole time. Seems same lenghth, but I do like the condition of my hair much better. Gets straighter and no breakage at all during flat ironing.

Your hair looks like it has grown to me :grin: (The middle picture)

quick question megatexers! so I have been using my megatex but now that I am in a sew in I have been mixing my megatex with my moisturizer 50/50 to cut down on my hair time.. do you think I will still get the same effects? I use it everyday!

Still using my MT mix. Tuesday will be 1 week and my scalp feels great. No real itiching episodes so far... I took one braid down and it felt dry, so I have added moisturizer to the braids strands and sealed or rubbed each one with mango butter.

quick question megatexers! so I have been using my megatex but now that I am in a sew in I have been mixing my megatex with my moisturizer 50/50 to cut down on my hair time.. do you think I will still get the same effects? I use it everyday!

I've read that some people did that and achieved some good results.

I mixed some OCT with a little MN and oil and is using that on my scalp through my cornrows about every other day for now.

I mixed some leftover MT with a some leftover Nioxin Scalp Conditioning Treatment and I use about once a week with my cornrows but will use more often when I take these down.

Last night after applying OCT to my hair and scalp and a shower cap I held my head upside down for about a minute to see if more blood flow to my scalp would affect the tingles. It actually did (more intense tingles). I might try it again it. :yep:

Back