March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

Update.... I wasn't sure how to do this, but here it goes. It's been two weeks and I wanted to show some progress pics. These were taken today.... Things seem to be going pretty good. LOL and it looks like I am in the same shirt....:look:

4 week update:
I have been doing a tea rinse with Henna and Alma powerders before my washes then washing with diluted shampoo(Design Essential Moisturizing).
I use Infusium leave in mixed with some Aussie Moisturizing leave in. Spaying with StaSoftFro and sealing with Mango butter. At night I am using my MegaTek mixed with Alma oil.

Since having these braids I have experienced zero dandruff. They hardly ever itch and my scalp looks great. I have been really impressed.
I am a fan of tea rinses. They make your scalp feel really good.
Here's my progress pics...

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 11
Hey ladies, I've been slacking for some time, ran out of MT and decided try go without for a little while.

Have come to the drasticc realisation that stretching relaxers is not for me. Had serious breakage and feel like I'm starting again from scratch even though my hair has grown.

Just wondering, for those who have used both Megatek and OCT, which one do you feel gives better results?

Hey ladies, I've been slacking for some time, ran out of MT and decided try go without for a little while.

Have come to the drasticc realisation that stretching relaxers is not for me. Had serious breakage and feel like I'm starting again from scratch even though my hair has grown.

Just wondering, for those who have used both Megatek and OCT, which one do you feel gives better results?

I have and to be honest, the OCTreally does yield excellent results in my opinion. I like the MT for thickness but the OCT really loosens up my curl pattern while I'm streching my relaxer and leaves my hair super soft. As for growth I couldn't be absolutely certain right now because I'm a texlax transitioner. I'm doing quite a few mini chops to get this bone straight hair off my head, so I'm not really tracking my growth progress right now. I do need to take some progress pics by the end of July. I have not been completely consistent with either of them. I did for about 3 months and then started forgetting to use them:nono:.

I slacked during my last set of braids, nd did not use OCT, but I will be resuming usage starting in june when I re-braid my hair. For now, here are my progress pics from

October, 2008

picture.php

to Today

picture.php

Although I think OCT has assisted in giving me great growth, I think that becoming a member of this site and utilizing all the techniques given here are the real reason I am seeing nice results.

I slacked during my last set of braids, nd did not use OCT, but I will be resuming usage starting in june when I re-braid my hair. For now, here are my progress pics from

October, 2008

picture.php

to Today

picture.php

Although I think OCT has assisted in giving me great growth, I think that becoming a member of this site and utilizing all the techniques given here are the real reason I am seeing nice results.

Excellent prgoress and that color is amazing!!!:grin:

Man I haven't visited this thread in a minute. Only because I've been wearing tree braids and my hair has grown sooooo much with it, I can't keep the frigging style! I'm trying to hide my hair but MT is making me have to do my hair every three weeks instead of six.

That's too expensive. So I'm down to applying MT 1X a week....if that at all : (

Welp, I guess I have to stop using MT on my scalp. I'm three months post-relaxer and I can't FIND my scalp!!!! The NG is a forest and I love it!!! :lachen::lachen:

I had been planning to touch up in 2 weeks but my NG is so manageable with the MT and OCT I think I'll see if I can go another couple of months. Wish me luck! (This is subject to change in a moment of frustration.) One way I'm making sure I keep stretching is by not ordering my Phytospecific. Since it takes up to a week to get here, that will give me time to get over any impulsive touch up ideas.

Last edited:
Checking in.
I currently have braids in my hair but I wanted to show you guys the crazy new growth I have! I've only had the braids in for 5 weeks. I can't wait to take them out and see how much progress I have!!:grin: Oh yea..I got the front of the braids redone a week ago so try to look more towards the middle for the true growth :yep:

ETA: My hair grows the fastest around the crown area...you cant even see the parts! I love MT because the new growth is sooo soft!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Checking in.
I currently have braids in my hair but I wanted to show you guys the crazy new growth I have! I've only had the braids in for 5 weeks. I can't wait to take them out and see how much progress I have!!:grin: Oh yea..I got the front of the braids redone a week ago so try to look more towards the middle for the true growth :yep:

ETA: My hair grows the fastest around the crown area...you cant even see the parts! I love MT because the new growth is sooo soft!

Thanks for sharing. Ladies any more updates with pictures of how amazing this stuff is???????:grin:
This was my 4week pic (5/11). I am going to wash and update tonight.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Ladies any more updates with pictures of how amazing this stuff is???????:grin:
This was my 4week pic (5/11). I am going to wash and update tonight.

How do you wash your braids and how often?? Braids = lazy time for me so I really don't do much of anything to my hair except moisturize and MT...I might wash it twice the whole time..lol

Welp, I guess I have to stop using MT on my scalp. I'm three months post-relaxer and I can't FIND my scalp!!!! The NG is a forest and I love it!!! :lachen::lachen:

I had been planning to touch up in 2 weeks but my NG is so manageable with the MT and OCT I think I'll see if I can go another couple of months. Wish me luck! (This is subject to change in a moment of frustration.) One way I'm making sure I keep stretching is by not ordering my Phytospecific. Since it takes up to a week to get here, that will give me time to get over any impulsive touch up ideas.

How are you using it?

How are you using it?

I apply the MT just to my scalp 3-4 times a week and just leave it until I co-wash the next day. I don't apply it on the days that I do the full OCT treatment. I just started the full OCT a couple weeks ago, so it must be the MT that gave me the thick NG!

I apply the MT just to my scalp 3-4 times a week and just leave it until I co-wash the next day. I don't apply it on the days that I do the full OCT treatment. I just started the full OCT a couple weeks ago, so it must be the MT that gave me the thick NG!

ITA, MT tickens up my hair like crazy, not complaining though. How are you finding the MT to the OCT. Do you have a preference??

How do you wash your braids and how often?? Braids = lazy time for me so I really don't do much of anything to my hair except moisturize and MT...I might wash it twice the whole time..lol

Sorry for the delay. I wash once a week. I do a Henna/Alma rinse then use diluted moisturizing shampoo to wash. After that, I spray with leave in conditioner and moisturize with Sta Soft Fro mixed with a little Alma oil and seal with Mango Butter.
That night I will add my MT mixture.

Still hanging in there applying my MT/OCT mix everyday (mostly). I added some aloe vera gel to it after reading some posts about that being a good combo. I know my hair is definitely growing because when I straightened (pic in siggy) my hair was back to APL+ and I had cut it to just below SL in Nov-Dec. All I care about is that it is healthy growth.

Well I stepped my usage up to almost 3-4 times a week. My scalp is sore, so im hoping cause of the growth is comming in full force.

I baggied with OCT Sun. night and then added AO White Camellia Conditioner over it this morning and I'm baggying with it right now under my wig.

HI Ladies! I just wanted to know if it is ok to color my hair while using oct? Should I stop using it for a while? Any of you guys colored ur hair while on OCT?

Thanks in advance!

Back