Man Marks His Ex-girlfriend's Apology Letter And Sends It Back To Her

Lady-RuffDiamond

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...iends-apology-letter-and-sends-it-back-to-her

Man marks his ex-girlfriend's apology letter and sends it back to her

FROM THE TOPICYOU WHAT?

3h

3 hours ago

• When your ex writes you an apology letter so you grade it to send it back

6:05 PM - 17 Feb 2017

He starts off his letter by saying the introduction is too long and there's lots of repetition.

Nick says his ex needs to show reasoning when saying she ended up failing to keep the relationship working.

He also says she needs to back her claims up with proof, like saying she never cheated on him.

_94737359_letter1.jpg

The second page calls for his ex-girlfriend to provide more details after this line: "I took all the promises we had and broke them."

Then there's a spelling mistake with "loose" changed to "lose".

_94737361_letter2.jpg

Nick then calls his ex out when she says she has "no reason to hide, lie or hold anything back" from him.

He writes in the margin: "If there is no reason to lie, why isn't the truth being told?"

_94737368_lutz.jpg

He says he hasn't thought about her when she asks if he has and again accuses her of "using useless fillers" to pad out her letter.

Nick even says she used "lackadaisical" handwriting near the end of her note.

_94737363_letter3.jpg

The final page contains a question mark after "I love you" and also the rest of Nick's final conclusion.

"If you want to be believed, back it up with proof," he writes.

"You claimed that cheating never occurred, but place blame on yourself - then what for?

"Need to stop contradicting your own story and pick a side. While this gesture is appreciated, I would prefer details over statements.

"Revision for half credit will be accepted."

_94737365_letter4.jpg

Other people pointed out other mistakes in the letter.

Follow
    Dr Petty Spaghetti @waywardpug

@NickLutz12 @fillegrossiere ok should have failed her. You missed that she listed "a lot" as one word in her intro.

C47H9SBVcAA0rs0.jpg:small

Follow
    Rachel Green @katiemoe_

@NickLutz12 misspelled that so I say they should get a 58

Follow
    kae. @TheKaelye

@NickLutz12 there were quite a few missing apostrophes in contractions, if you wanna count off points for that too :(
    1f602.png

After posting the note on Twitter, Nick was asked out on a date.

Follow
    Fresh Face Splendor @caitlincorsetti

.@NickLutz12 I think you're a little young for me, but this makes me want to date — not cheat on — you.

Nick also told another Twitter user that his ex-girlfriend had seen the changes and was "okay with her grade".

OT: the US grading system is so different. 61% is a D-? In UK universities that would be a B...
Literally your work would have to publishable to get 80%

It is a different grading system. There is a conversion table when applying to universities and jobs in the US/Canada from the UK and converting transcripts. 60% is equivalent to 80% in North America (roughly). Also, I notice in some curriculums they do a lot of multiple choice exams in the US/Canada while in the UK it is not as popular and when you do multiple choice it is a small percentage of your grades. Multiple choice exams are way easier than written exams. It is quite interesting...

Either the education system was dumbed down in North America or it was made harder in the UK over the centuries. I feel it was the former.

Most of the English speaking Caribbean islands follow the UK systems. However, the UK system is slowly being "dumbed" down also. So, in a few decades conversion will not be needed...

OT: the US grading system is so different. 61% is a D-? In UK universities that would be a B...
Literally your work would have to publishable to get 80%
That's what I was thinking. 61% is definitely not equivalent to a D-...

I think he was being rather mean. She's well rid of him! Lol

I think the difference in the grading system has something to do with America lagging in education behind some countries. If you take a test with ten multiple questions, in the U S you need you need 7/10 to pass. In order country, you just need 5/10.

O.........Kay...........
Checking an emotional letter with no emotion and a degree of cockiness.
O.K.
Couldn't be me. 4 flats....

They say he's a student at UCF. What is he studying? English I assume because he was really picky. I'm surprised she wrote a hand-written note for him.

Back