Votes: 266 94.3%
  • NO they dont care

Votes: 13 4.6%
  • I think they dont care to pay attention

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shea

I always ask for hair care tips and I just wanted to have a little fun and do one of theese.

Do you think that men are attracted to women with long hair? If so share your stories:)

Yes. I notice I get more attention when I have longer hair. I also notice my friends get more attention with longer hair.

Well last summer I had this curly sew in looking like my girl tracee ellis ross and It looked natural because I left the front of my hair out and it was in the curl pattern close to weave as possible. I got sooooooooooo much attention:eek: it was crazy. I would talk to these guys they would say is that all yours and of course I said yes:lol: and they just loved the curly big hair. When I took the hair out I still got normal attention but not as much:look: Cmon girl friends i know yall have stories:grin:

Shea said:
...they would say is that all yours and of course I said yes:lol: :grin:

It's mine, I got the receipt to prove it! When someone would ask is that my hair, I'd ask back "why are you missing some?" :lol:

AtlantaJJ said:
It's mine, I got the receipt to prove it! When someone would ask is that my hair, I'd ask back "why are you missing some?" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YES, they look twice.

I get more attention when my hair is long.

But, I still get attention with short hair. As a matter of fact, even while it is short, I get more attention when it is curlier and bouncier. I think hair flair just gets attention - short or long.

I voted "no they don't care". When I had super short hair, I got just as much attention as I get with my "long hair" (I am still not convinced it is long). However, there were some rocky in between stages, but I think it was because my confidence level may have been lower during some of the uncomfortable grow-out styles.

I always get comments from this guy that I date from time to time. He says that every time he sees me my hair looks longer and longer. I told him that I thought about cutting it just to see what he'd say. He said, don't cut it you look good with long hair let it keep growing! I LOVE it when he says that! :)

Yes men do love it. Ever since I've added a few pieces to the lower portion the reactions have been overwhelming lol!!
yuck , when I was leaving a lounge/bar I had to walk past a few men and I remember them saying "daaang, wow" they were this close to touching me... I wanted to run to my car so fast. And another time I was walking alone down a street and I passed this silver cadilac and the guy in it started yelling "hey sexxxy!!" I wanted to die! It felt like he was going to follow me!!! yep that's just a few example of what alittle hair will do lol.

Good example remember that movie breaking all the rules with jamie foxx , morris chestnut, and gabrielle union. Remember he (morris chestnut) loved her long hair and when she cut it he started trippin.:look:

Once when my SO was picking me up from work and as I was walking towards the car my hair was blowing everywhere...well, when I got in the car he said my stinky (pet name) hair is all swinging and stuff and blowing in the wind....men definitely love long hair...:)

I think they feel some kinda pride when they can say "And it's all HERS!"

But really, they will stare just as hard at a nice weave, too, IMO.

I definitely think hair is powerful, in general. I don't know that long hair necessarily does it, but fabulous hair...curly & free, long & flowing, or short & sexy is attention-grabbing. Other women envy you and men lust after you.

I've gotten plenty of male attention at various lengths, but the long(er) hair makes them do a double take...some of them are straight mesmerized. It can be a little annoying at times, hence the reason I tuck it away on days when I'm not in the mood to deal with it.

On LHCF, we've had multiple discussions about whether black men in particular have a thing for long hair...from personal experience, I think they do. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that so many black women don't have long(er) hair so they're almost fascinated with the ones who do. On women of other races, long hair isn't such a novelty since so many of them have it.

It's always fun to observe the reactions that a new 'do garner.

i picked i believe more men love women with longer hair....i made the decision to cut my hair to make it come back being healthier and thicker and didnt care what a man was attracted to...now im in the process of growing my hair to at least Shoulder Length....i mean i get some attention with short hair but not as much as i think i would with longer hair...

From my experience, I feel that Men just love it when your hair is on point. Whether its long or short, as long as it looks well maintained, healthy and you look good with it-men are happy. No matter how long or short my hair has been, my husband always compliments me. He says as long as Im wearing the hair style and not letting it wear me.

Divine Inspiration said:
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that so many black women don't have long(er) hair so they're almost fascinated with the ones who do. On women of other races, long hair isn't such a novelty since so many of them have it.

ITA, you don't see that many black women running around with long hair, so I think that is an attraction for black men.

Of course women with short hair get attn, but there's something about long hair that men love.

I remember my hair was out and my stepmom commented, oh, look at Stacey's hair... it's so long. And my father said, "Good, there's hope for (sister)'s hair too". It's little things like that, (and the more blatant, "Oh ur hair looks good ma, not a lot of dark gurls have long hair") that let me know that they look at you differently with long hair.

The wig i'm wearing in my siggy...the men LOOOOOVE IT! Even the dudes I go to school with, that know its not my hair, they STILL love it and love to play in it...but I don't let them get TOO close!!!

hell yeah they love long hair. go start up a convo with a group of guys and ask them their thoughts. it's not exclusive to black males, all races love long hair.

I think my friend proved this point to herself. She normally wears her hair in a short chin length style but earlier in the year she got micro braids where the ends were not braided but curled. It was mid back and very pretty. She was telling me how some of the same guys that work in her building and she has been seeing her forever were taking 2nd looks and doing double takes. She said she was loving the attention.

I've been wearing my hair in a bun for the last 4 1/2 months since I have been at my new job. I did a braidout and the guys (white and black) kept saying they didn't realize how much hair I had; it was funny b/c one of the guys walked up behind me another time when I had it blown out and said he thought I was someone new in the office!!

For the most part, I still think guys love to see a woman's hair on point, whether it's long or short and I don't think they really care whether it's real or not, as long as it's looking tight!

winterinatl said:
But really, they will stare just as hard at a nice weave, too, IMO.

I agree, that's why I picked men love long hair.

My hair is short and I used to go get it done every two weeks, but not so much since I'm in school now.

Today I wore a wig that's about APL on me. It wasn't even on straight and I had still got more hollas today than when my short hair was on point.

Sometimes its not the fact that our hair is long, its the amount of confidence and attitude we as women tend to show when we have that extra length of hair. My best friend showed me this a while back--she has very healthy chin length hair-i've always admired her hair, its always full of bounce and shine. So she decides to get a full head weave about APL--and believe me her whole attitude changed. She just knew she was the ish-and the men felt that about her and flocked to her. Ladies its all about how you work it:cool:

Up till when i joined LHCF i always lived in long natural looking weaves( BSL). many pple thought the weaves were my hair and the reaction i got from men....white, black, chinese asian was :eek:.

I've stopped wearing weaves cos i wanna grow my own hair and the attention has reduced somewhat. they still give me grief when i wear my phonys though!

SO is very happy. he says i still look good with my annoying shortish hair(rant) but i think he feels more secure because with longer hair he always had to glare:mad: at other guys for staring too much!:lol:

*Dee* said:
Yes men do love it. Ever since I've added a few pieces to the lower portion the reactions have been overwhelming lol!!
yuck , when I was leaving a lounge/bar I had to walk past a few men and I remember them saying "daaang, wow" they were this close to touching me... I wanted to run to my car so fast. And another time I was walking alone down a street and I passed this silver cadilac and the guy in it started yelling "hey sexxxy!!" I wanted to die! It felt like he was going to follow me!!! yep that's just a few example of what alittle hair will do lol.

Well...at least it was a guy. Just last week I was waiting outside at the bus stop and a WOMAN yells out of her car to me "HEY SEXY!!!"

LOL :eek: :confused: :lol:

B_Phlyy said:
I agree, that's why I picked men love long hair.

My hair is short and I used to go get it done every two weeks, but not so much since I'm in school now.

Today I wore a wig that's about APL on me. It wasn't even on straight and I had still got more hollas today than when my short hair was on point.

DID you really say it wasn't even on straight :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

i dunno bout my hair, i get it anyway :)

but..if a guy sees me with a bun, and then sees my hair out, hes like WOW i never knew u had that much hair

I gotta agree with the comments about "hair flair" and confidence.

I always get the most attention (male and otherwise) when my hair is shaved micro-low. It could be that I feel confident and well-rested (no time spent on hair at ALL.) Plus, it's different...an "exoticized" hairstyle.

That aside, I believe that long hair must be some sort of primitive mating sign for the human male species. I've yet to meet a man who prefers short hair though many men accept it (they love the Halle Berry/Anita Baker haircuts...but that's because they're face-framing styles).

When they see your hair hanging down your back like a natural-grown ARROW it does something to them. Gets their imagination going....I guess.

p1

Back