LONEI'S WEDDING HAIR PHOTOS!

Oh thanks again ladies, although most people don't enjoy their day (well everyone I have spoken to) we really did (especially as i was so uninterested in the day itself), I was so suprised! Oh and it was great to have all that money stuck on us whilst dancing, I just kept grinning and whispering to DH that 'we are rich!' lol! It was a small wedding, all done in a Manor House with our Pastor/Mentor conducting the service, he proposed on Feb 3rd 2007 and We got married on 17th September 2007. Who said you need a year minimum?! With Jesus in the Vessel we just smiled at the storm. I thank God for the ability to save, budget and plan....It was much easier to plan than I could have ever imagined, I think its because we went on the premise of simple but classy and it worked!

Harrisons: Thank you for your spititual words!

Alli77: It was the Giovanni that has kept up the health of my hair so thanks once again!

Qtslim83: The material was brought here, then I took it to the tailor and described the design...

Thanks ladies x

Congratulations!!! Wow! So great!

For real.....why am I sitting here at work crying????:look: I just get so emotional for weddings....cry at everyone elses....but didn't shed a tear at my own. Go figure. I guess I was just sooooo doggone happy, I didn't have time to cry! Anyways, you looked beautiful, you did an EXCELLENT job on your hair. I LOVE that you incorporated his culture into the wedding....just FABULOUS!

Enjoy your new hubby girly!

Last edited:
Lonei, you made a beautiful bride. May God bless your union and I will keep you in prayer. And ya know I love that hair of yours.

where to start? Firstly your hair is amazing... not sure how I missed your Fotki. You made a BEAUTIFUL bride you looked stunning and you wedding day hair was soo pretty. You and your Husband make a wonderful looking couple; you guys look so very much in love and very happy.

Congratulations and I wish you a blessed wedding, all the best to you both..

Congratulations! My blessings to you both. Your weddin,g hair, dress and nigerian attire, etc. look beautiful.

Hey ladies, I recently got married to my partner (bestest friend) of 7 years (I'm 23 years old) and am truely blessed to have found and built a solid foundation with someone whom I can show myself undisguised. Some of you may remember that i kept asking questions about 'Wedding Hair' and whenever someone asked was it for me, I ran out of the thread, lol! In terms of hair and make-up, I knew I needed a professional for the latter, but the former, I just had to do it myself. I so did not want no mad hairspray and gel stuck to my face with a scissor happy stylist telling me a needed a trim (cut is what they really mean!), thus, I self-relaxed and coloured it on 15th (no trim) September and made about 60 tiny pincurls which I kept in under a hair net until the 17th, the day we became one. I had been fighting with this dam tiara for months and could not place it right so was a bit concerned that I may have a bad hair day on the day of all days. On the morning of the wedding, I had my make up done and started to take out the pin curls, it was curlier and shorter than I thought it would be, but I prayed and just pinned a few of the curls at the crown, added the tiara and got dressed. I was so blessed and amazed that it was so easy to do my own hair on this very important day. For that I thank god!

Anyway, there are a few honeymoon hair pics also in which for the first time I got my friend to cainrow my own hair (we were supposed to use extentions so that the ends would not come out) but to my suprise it came out just fine. Ilike the have fun on holiday and dont want to spend time worring about my hair or limiting the activities I would be able to do because of my hair. It lasted the whole week while in Dominician Rep (yes i was looking for hair products but was stuck in the resort the whole time, I did see Miss Keys but did not know enough about it to buy it, these days I try to stick with my routine anyway). I Co-washed the cainrows every morning (a first for me!) with NTM DDC which felt good, the ends did not come out even though I did not use any clips or elastic bands. I shampooed and conditioned in the evening with Aubrey Organic's Swimmers products. It kept my hair moisturised during the hot weather and swimming.

Lastly, I have just arrived home (our new home-yes I am jetlag) from the honeymoon and I have washed my hair (we had a very relaxing time by the way and DH-lol, I always wanted to write that! is aware just how time consuming my hair can be, I thought he should have an X-Box to combat days like these, lol!) under the shower (I nomrally have the hand held one meaning I always have one hand tied up. Things were so much quicker today! I used Porosity Control last and detangled in sections under the shower, all I can say is wow, this has taken about 2 hours off my wash regimen! Pics of my wash, set and maxi are in here also.

Rollerset notes to self: Do the Mohawk stating at the back, rolling down as usual. When finished, part from down just behand the ear from the top of the mohawk to the bottom of the earloab, Start by making a horizontal part at the top, roll, the upwards, continue until you have rolled all 4-5 upwards. Then make a horizontal part the the front section, roll this upwards. Lastly, roll vertically the 3-4 at the top.

God bless you always x

Keep us in prayer

CHECK OUT MY FOTKI

Lonei, congratulations and I checked out your fotki and you did a wonderful job on your hair. You should make the one picture into an oil painting. There are professionals here in the states that do that, and one of my friends had one done by her children who gave it to them as a surprise on their 25th wedding anniversary. You were such a beautiful bride and your hair is to die for.

Back