LONEI'S WEDDING HAIR PHOTOS!

Wow ladies, thank you so much for all your well wishes and prayers, I love the fact that alot of you have a strong faith in Christ, he is our foundation and has remained faithful thus far. I love reading the OT/Relationship forum about the things tht married couples go through, seen as we did not live together before hand, its all new and I'm excited to be able to comment on the 'What do you wear to bed' threads! LOL! It feels good to be married, like you have truely got someone in your corner all the time and that this person is super serious about you. I was much less interested in the 'Day' and very excited about the life afterwards and building a home and God fearing family, with God at the centre, I'm cool about the ups and downs this journey may entail....

Keen: I only kept the braidout in for the flight home, plus I put it in a bun and wore my headscarf for most of the flight while I bucked some sleep!

Strength81: Thanks about the culture commenys, yeah we got lots of US Dollars (We are from the UK) and we used them in Dom Rep.

Sweetmarshcrystal (sp?): I'm St Lucian but my DH is Nigerian, I was just trying to embrace it. We played the song 'African Queen' when we walked out. (Not sure if you guys know it over there)

See ya!

I hope you guys had much fun at the wedding... You looked Marvelous!!!

It is important that both of you keep in mind that a marriage is a 3 fold cord and that you must keep God at its center.
Like you said... the road ahead will carry much in the way of bumps... but its a lot smoother when the 2 of you work together and let God work matters out..

Congratulations!!!

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I recently got married to my partner (bestest friend) of 7 years (I'm 23 years old) and am truely blessed to have found and built a solid foundation with someone whom I can show myself undisguised. Some of you may remember that i kept asking questions about 'Wedding Hair' and whenever someone asked was it for me, I ran out of the thread, lol! In terms of hair and make-up, I knew I needed a professional for the latter, but the former, I just had to do it myself. I so did not want no mad hairspray and gel stuck to my face with a scissor happy stylist telling me a needed a trim (cut is what they really mean!), thus, I self-relaxed and coloured it on 15th (no trim) September and made about 60 tiny pincurls which I kept in under a hair net until the 17th, the day we became one. I had been fighting with this dam tiara for months and could not place it right so was a bit concerned that I may have a bad hair day on the day of all days. On the morning of the wedding, I had my make up done and started to take out the pin curls, it was curlier and shorter than I thought it would be, but I prayed and just pinned a few of the curls at the crown, added the tiara and got dressed. I was so blessed and amazed that it was so easy to do my own hair on this very important day. For that I thank god!

Anyway, there are a few honeymoon hair pics also in which for the first time I got my friend to cainrow my own hair (we were supposed to use extentions so that the ends would not come out) but to my suprise it came out just fine. Ilike the have fun on holiday and dont want to spend time worring about my hair or limiting the activities I would be able to do because of my hair. It lasted the whole week while in Dominician Rep (yes i was looking for hair products but was stuck in the resort the whole time, I did see Miss Keys but did not know enough about it to buy it, these days I try to stick with my routine anyway). I Co-washed the cainrows every morning (a first for me!) with NTM DDC which felt good, the ends did not come out even though I did not use any clips or elastic bands. I shampooed and conditioned in the evening with Aubrey Organic's Swimmers products. It kept my hair moisturised during the hot weather and swimming.

Lastly, I have just arrived home (our new home-yes I am jetlag) from the honeymoon and I have washed my hair (we had a very relaxing time by the way and DH-lol, I always wanted to write that! is aware just how time consuming my hair can be, I thought he should have an X-Box to combat days like these, lol!) under the shower (I nomrally have the hand held one meaning I always have one hand tied up. Things were so much quicker today! I used Porosity Control last and detangled in sections under the shower, all I can say is wow, this has taken about 2 hours off my wash regimen! Pics of my wash, set and maxi are in here also.

Rollerset notes to self: Do the Mohawk stating at the back, rolling down as usual. When finished, part from down just behand the ear from the top of the mohawk to the bottom of the earloab, Start by making a horizontal part at the top, roll, the upwards, continue until you have rolled all 4-5 upwards. Then make a horizontal part the the front section, roll this upwards. Lastly, roll vertically the 3-4 at the top.

God bless you always x

Keep us in prayer

CHECK OUT MY FOTKI

I am AMAZED that you did your hair yourself on your wedding day! It looked good!

First off, congratulations to you!! :drunk:

Secondly, your hair is amazing!!! You look wonderful in those pics. Thanks so much for sharing! :drunk:

LONEI!!! CONGRATULATIONS CHICA! You are an awesome hair and music inspiration!! I wish you so much happiness, it must be so fulfilling finding that one TRUE love!!! Your wedding photos were really awesome, you guys look so good together!!!

BTW your hair was gorgeous...of course! It's the funniest thing, I was in the health food store and I was eyeing some new Giovanni products and I was thinking this may be something you'd like!!:grin:

Anyways, thanks for sharing your wedding pics...they were really lovely.

Lonei congratualtions on your wedding! God bless you both! I'm so glad you have your head screwed on properly (but you always had your head screwed on properly!) and that you are both interested in keeping God at the centre and raising a family to know God too. I think this is the best thing you could do for your life and the lives of those who you will influence. God is really going to bless you both (and your future family-lol!)
You look great too!!!

Already said it on your Fotki, but CONGRATS again!!!! You looked stunning, especially in the Nigerian attire!!! Did you get it done in Nigeria? I may neep to cop one of those when I go back home!

lol, I've mainly lurking, been so busy, btw thanks for the compliment

Lonei, your wedding photos are stunning and so is your hair! Congratulations to you!

den1, haven't seen you around in a dog's age! Your hair is just beautiful!

Congratulations Lonei!! :clap: :clap:

You did a professional job on your hair and you looked so beautiful in your wedding pictures!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! :)

*rubs hands together* Did not know of Lonei's photo album and now has stalking material until bedtime. :lachen:

*rubs hands together* Did not know of Lonei's photo album and now has stalking material until bedtime. :lachen:

ITA :lol:

What a beautiful and classy bride / wedding. Congratulations on your nuptials. I love to hear when a sister gets married. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love:

CONGRATS GORGEOUS!!!!
WiSH YOU A HAPPY MARRIED LIIFE AND LOTS OF HAPPINESS!!
:dance7::dinner::band::band2::club::congrats::congrats:

(now off to stalk your fotki....:grin:)

Back