Light Skinned Men vs. Dark Skinned Men: What's Your Preference?

Light Skinned Men Vs. Dark Skinned Men

• Light skinned

Votes: 165 33.2%
  • Dark skinned

Votes: 332 66.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure if I've replied to this one already. I prefer dark skin men, but recently I've been seeing a lot of light/medium brown men that are very attractive. It's a certain type of light/brown skin guy I like, as opposed to the typical dark skin guy I find attractive.

I don't have a preference. Its more about who attracts my attention period. I don't look at the color as a preference. So I guess I'm "other" for the polls.

Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a darker (browner/darker) woman, and I've dated both. I hear this, and have even seen it, but my experience has not been that one or the other likes me more. I think those that have a strong preference don't date what they don't want to date.

But I have noticed that most of the guys I've dated have had that "pretty boy" look (light or dark).

I usually get a tall, dark-skinned, beautiful complexion (hershey kiss skin) guy with a bald head or a tall, light skinned boy with beige, honey, or caramel skin that's crystal clear and usually bald or close cropped hair. Some on both ends of the spectrum have light eyes, some don't. I guess we can't determine who we attract, they just come to us???

DAMN! I'll have what SHE'S having!!!

Might have responded to this, but until I started actively dating (eons ago), I thought I was an equal opportunity (bring on all foine men of all nations:grin:), but ya know, there's nothing that draws me more than my dark chocolate men, with full lips, rippling muscles, big frame, big hands....and I'll leave it at that.

My man is a honey graham cracker complexion. Which isnt really light or dark...I just love it!!!

But I voted light in the poll, cuz I dont know anyone who would consider him dark before considering him light. :perplexed

I don't discriminate - black, white, light, dark, Latin, blond, brunette :D
They are all good to me :)
As long as they are short and sturdy with a beautiful smile and kind eyes...

Well being that I am 5'2" he has to be alt least 5'8" and sturdy.

Why are all you brown skinned women calling yourselves dark skinned?

We come in all different shades. There is not just light and dark. Just because you are not light it does not make you dark.

Dark skin = Wesly Snipes, Seal, Sean Patrick Thomas, Djimon Hounsou
In between= Don Cheadle, Taye Diggs ( the man that always:lachen: has a job)
Brown = Chris Tucker, Denzel Washington, Martin Lawrence, Tavis Smiley
On the light side = Cornell West, Malcom X ( mabe he was light skinned) LOL Rick Fox :lachen::lachen::lachen:

You see what I am saying. It does not matter to me

I know it's no in betweens, but i haven't heard that light skinned played out thang since the 90's. Now a days any black man that has a job, no baby drama and lives on his own is a pretty damn good black man either light or dark!

OOH plus no legal drama is even better!:lachen:

I know it's no in betweens, but i haven't heard that light skinned played out thang since the 90's. Now a days any black man that has a job, no baby drama and lives on his own is a pretty damn good black man either light or dark!

I hear that Sassy, even if he green, bring it on, I likes vegetables!

Color/shade preference? None. Just a good, honest, hard working man, with decent credit that can handle his personal life and stroke.

I dont have a preference as to skin tone. The best skin tone is a healthy one devoid of craters, bullet wounds, and/or debilitating acne.

I like all black men but I prefer my man dark. (not sure if I already answered this but oh well). :grin: My first serious boyfriend was a dark skinned guy and I subconsciously find myself attracted to guys who remind me of him (though I strongly dislike his guts today).

dark men... gimme the chocolate-skinned brothas! :grin:
(yes, it just so happens i fell in love with/made a baby with someone the same color as me. what can i say, he's cute :look: )

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee me a dark brotha. but i am attracted to the clear man as well. is that backwards?

MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K.. There is nothing like a chocolate brother... Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Chocolate.. Oh and let him be over 6'1

It is all over....The funny thing is the last 2 guys I have been serious with are all Cinnamon....

Last edited:

Amen Amen Amen

I prefer dark chocolate - I married caramel. A real, real, pale caramel too. :look:

Thankfully, I didn't overlook him since he wasn't my preferred shade. :nono:

Well, I do not discriminate. However, lately there have been some very attractive dark/black/african men that have caught my attention and I have gotten some stares too :grin:

Last edited:
Back