Light Skinned Men vs. Dark Skinned Men: What's Your Preference?

Light Skinned Men Vs. Dark Skinned Men

• Light skinned

Votes: 165 33.2%
  • Dark skinned

Votes: 332 66.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I takes all kinds, lol--but majority of my BFs have always been light-fairskinned men-attraction factor, I suppose (I'm more of a caramel tone, so I really thought it was weird that I attracted those types). So that's what I'm used to....but that doesn't mean I'll pass on a Michael Jordan look-alike!! ::lachen::

Last edited:
My family is extremely color-struck. I can date a dark skinned man, I can even marry one if I chose to, but I could never, EVER have his kids--they'd definitely be the outcast of the family. It's sad, but true.

interesting that a lot of women share this with me on this board, but i also used to prefer light skinned guys from about age 10- 20 ...but the guys that turn my head and make my trip over myself (lol) since about age 20 have been tall, dark, muscular, and handsome... (what indigodiva said about the dove dark chocolate with a bright white smile). my current boyfriend is like that... *sighs* :) (well, we're working on the muscular part lol!!!!) :)

ETA: i've never dated a medium-skinned guy (even though i am)...they've all been extremely light or extremely dark for some reason lol!

Last edited:
My family is extremely color-struck. I can date a dark skinned man, I can even marry one if I chose to, but I could never, EVER have his kids--they'd definitely be the outcast of the family. It's sad, but true.

That is really sad. You shouldn't allow your family to dictate your life like that.

I'm light skinned so I love dark skinned men specially those who are athletic or medium build, bald or with neatly taken care of dreads. I don't know what it is but It's a big turn on for me. Watch my husband going to be the polar opposite. lol I'm still holding out for a dark-skinned man.

Back