Light Skinned Men vs. Dark Skinned Men: What's Your Preference?

Light Skinned Men Vs. Dark Skinned Men

• Light skinned

Votes: 165 33.2%
  • Dark skinned

Votes: 332 66.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t have a preference. Whomever is attractive w/ striking features is the one I’d choose. ..This applies to all men. I can defiantly appreciate a good-looking man ..ALL the different hues, types and shapes of ‘em ; )

Darker men... :heart2:

The darker the berry the sweeter the juice...:drunk:

No preference. I like a men for whatever I find attractive about that particular person. Skin tone or color is not a factor.

I do not have a preference....I have dated and been in relationships with both... I will go for whichever one is pursuing me and treats me special. As long as he is cute in my eyes and a gentlemen...it's all she wrote:yep:

i prefer tall, muscular, broad shoulders, nice back, and wants to do more than have sex with me :look:.

and a monster member never hurts...:lick:

I am attracted to all shade of black men, but I have to admit there is something about dark-skin men that is more of a turn on to me. Dark-skin men seem to look more manly and strong to me.

Nothing against my fair complexion bothers though, Lord know there are some fine ones too,

I always seem to end up with dark-skin men. I'm coco colored like gabby Union, my husband is a dark skin man.:lick:

As long as they treat you right I guess it really does'nt matter.

I agree with this, but I also understand those that raise a suspicious eye when someone states a preference for lighter or whiter features. I think due to the history with white beauty as the dominant standard beamed around the world a lot of people are paranoid that passionate preference for lighter skin can be a result of conditioning. I've rarely encountered people who prey for their children to be born dark skinned, with kinky hair and broad noses, but I've encountered numerous people obsessed with how fair their child comes out or whether they have "good coolie" hair :ohwell:

I personally don't make a judgment unless the person says or does something weird, I just take preference as just preference, but I will say of the many guys that stated a preference for my light skin, very few just had a random preference for light skin. Sooner or later came the weird or disparaging comments about dark skin, the comments about "good hair" or fear of sun. I had a guy who was fascinated by my nose which he said was like a white woman nose, he hoped our children would have "nice fair skin and good features". One time when I told him that a pair of sunglasses wouldn't look good on his skin tone he accused me of calling him dark and literally cursed me out. I kindly informed him that his chocolatey self hating arse could proceed to kiss my

:massmoon:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Too funny

I'm brown-skin and i prefer lighter skin men. I just always have found them sexy and attractive. Now I will not pass up a dark-skin man at all because i have dated dark-skin men, light-skin men , white men and the swirl ( mixed) men.

I love all men but I do find that I am more attracted to dark skinned men. I usually find that opposites attract. Lightskinned women usually like dark skinned men and visa versa. Of course as with everything, there are exceptions.

when i was younger (in my teens)< i had this thing for fair skinned brothas. but since i turned 18, i have been in love with dark skinned men. my fiance is dark skinned also.
This is exactly my situation....minus the fiance.:look: I've always had a thing for white boys too and other non-blacks. But when it comes to brothas, I like 'em medium to dark.............:lick:

ETA: I'm brown-skinned.:)

I dont have a preference regarding color. For whatever reason though, dark skinned men have just never approached me.:perplexed My ultimate preference is whoever is pursuing me, which through experience, has been lighter complected men. I have always wondered why this is.

I prefer dark skinned guys. I just find them more attractive usually. I never end up with them tho. I always end up with caramel colored guys, it seems.

Anywhere from 'well-done' to 'burnt'.:grin: I would say that I'll take what I can get, but pink men just don't do it for me:nono: Discriminatory? Biased? Ummmm, yeah b/c I like what I like what I like. Now, if it was the end of the world and all I had was pink....maybe:look:

Last edited:
I don't really have a preference, but I usually attract darker men until recently. Now I'm seeing a creamy caramel colored man, complete with green eyes. :look::rolleyes: Not my usual type, but totally attractive to me.

Ill admit I prefer darker men but it really doesnt matter. I am dating a light skin guy now and it's all good cuz he's kinda sexy lol.

giggles. Yeah, I thought here we go again, Black v White, Light v Dark, Asian v White, Aliens v Predator. But I prefer my men dark.

:lachen:my same thought letitia but here are my 2 cents. i likem a little lighter. I'm medium myself, I guess :ohwell:

Must, must, must be brown, dark brown or burnt!:lick: I just find it way more sexier than light skinned men. Especially butt nekkid!:grin:

I don't care as long as he is black.:lick: My current BF is light skinned but the last 3 before him were dark. I attract both types.

For me, the answer would have to be no real preference. I just enjoy smooth, healthy glowing skin.

FH has a gorgeous smooth chocolate complexion and I'm like peanut butter. My ex - and the ex before him - is golden.

Back