LADIES LET's Talk...

sckri23 said:
We need more black businesses I get it im not dumb I was an honor student. Buuuutt,,,,,, if you want to change that open your own storeeeeee!!!!!

I have been a lurker on this site for years. I usually just thank people and keep it moving. I read this thread from start to finish and here are my thoughts . You clearly like to take a stand. Your stance Is I will buy from whomever has what it is I need and that's great.

However, What the thread is about and if I can speak for some and myself, the stance is if you can WHY not Buy from your own people? The other point being missed is if black entrepreneurs could open bss we would! And when we do we can not be competitive with the Asian owned stores! As an honor student maybe you can shed some light on how we are to open our own stores when those doors are closed to us?

Ok Ladies:grin: I'm going to try to go through the thread in a few days and start to compiled a list of what has been posted already. I'm still waiting on the BOBSA organization to contact me. I may try to call them as well...In the mean time please keep posting stores national/international!!!!!!! Let's reach our goal of listing the stores. We are huge on the internet so I'm sure we can come up with a good list by ourselves.

After which maybe we can put out the list on all of our blogs/fotki/emails/facebook, etc...so the word can really be passed on!

Last edited:
sweetcapri said:
I have been a lurker on this site for years. I usually just thank people and keep it moving. I read this thread from start to finish and here are my thoughts . You clearly like to take a stand. Your stance Is I will buy from whomever has what it is I need and that's great.

However, What the thread is about and if I can speak for some and myself, the stance is if you can WHY not Buy from your own people? The other point being missed is if black entrepreneurs could open bss we would! And when we do we can not be competitive with the Asian owned stores! As an honor student maybe you can shed some light on how we are to open our own stores when those doors are closed to us?

How is the doors closed to us? My great grandma owned a (BSS/Salon) store way back when things where much harder and ppl were much more racist than they are now and from what some ppl said there are some black beauty supply owners. So are the doors closed to us? Or does some ppl think they can open a store with no knowledge and basically wing it?

New store in my town didnt even last 2 months and they were asian!! They didnt know their stuff. We were looking for braid hair they gave us weave hair. Businesses hate competition so their gonna try to bring them down. It happens. But if you as a BO dont know your stuff it makes their 2nd job of trying to bring you down alot easier.

If owners get in the know, product and business wise, they might succeed. Its no guarantee but knowing your stuff will give you an advantage.

BTW: Buy From Anyone is not the same letters as Not My People. Why do ppl keep thinking thats what I mean when its not? Im not sayin dont buy from our ppl. Im sayin dont call other races evil and thieves to get your point across when really their just simple business owners trying to provide for their family.

Last edited:
So since yall feel soo strongly and have so much to say about a little business, its not like their trying to turn into a brand or anything but whatever yall feel how yall wanna feel im done. Im trying to get my nails done tomorrow and I hope I can do that in peace with no negativity at all but I doubt it. Im considerate so if anyone has a problem with it please get your complaints out before 10 am tomorrow cause I WOULDNT WANT TO STEP ON ANY TOES OR MISS A POINT TO WHATEVER YALL GONNA SAY ABOUT THAT ONE... :rolls eyes repeatedly:

Last edited:
let's focus on getting the stores listed as well as any other positive stories like the one I mention in the beginning of the post:thatsall:

sckri23 you seriously need to take a few mins to watch this instead of arguing about an issue you clearly don't understand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p96aaTSdrAE

You seem to have many questions about why we don't open our own stores and all those challenges are explained in detail both in the video and in several posts in this thread. These are FACTS, not anyone's opinion.

Thanks to all the ladies who have posted black owned product lines and bss stores. Another commercial black owned product line is Ashtae.

beana said:
sckri23 you seriously need to take a few mins to watch this instead of arguing about an issue you clearly don't understand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p96aaTSdrAE

You seem to have many questions about why we don't open our own stores and all those challenges are explained in detail both in the video and in several posts in this thread. These are FACTS, not anyone's opinion.

Thanks to all the ladies who have posted black owned product lines and bss stores. Another commercial black owned product line is Ashtae.

Did I ask a question? No. Ppl are askin me questions over and over and over. Why? Idk. I already told ppl multiple times that my great grandmother she is now 78 owned a successful bss/salon in her 20's so successful actually that when my great grandfather got station to japan she moved her store with her and continued her success now ppl were more raciually ignorant back then but she made it, so you open a store now and leave me alone.

Its not that I dont understand, its that todays black society thinks their entitled to everything just because the throw the "our ppl were oppressed" card and thats not how it works. You have to WORK for your success.

ETA: its like my pastor said "this generation thinks they deserve anything they want because (my ppl were oppressed the proof is in the history books) but they never experienced this themselves so they walkin around with this false sense of (the world owes me) and thats not the case"

The more I argue on this subject the more I see sunday's message come into light and it came right on time

Last edited:
beana said:
:nono:

Opinions mean nothing when compared to FACTS.

The facts are my great grandmother did it in a raciually unstable time so anybody can do it now but they have to work for it. Its not supposed to be givin to them. Thats a fact honey

sckri23 said:
Did I ask a question? No. Ppl are askin me questions over and over and over. Why? Idk. I already told ppl multiple times that my great grandmother she is now 78 owned a successful bss/salon in her 20's so successful actually that when my great grandfather got station to japan she moved her store with her and continued her success now ppl were more raciually ignorant back then but she made it, so you open a store now and leave me alone.

Its not that I dont understand, its that todays black society thinks their entitled to everything just because the throw the "our ppl were oppressed" card and thats not how it works. You have to WORK for your success.

ETA: its like my pastor said "this generation thinks they deserve anything they want because (my ppl were oppressed the proof is in the history books) but they never experienced this themselves so they walkin around with this false sense of (the world owes me) and thats not the case"

The more I argue on this subject the more I see sunday's message come into light and it came right on time

Young lady you seem hostile. Why?
You from my observations are what Dr. Phil calls a RIght Fighter, no matter what is said you just want to be right. So on that note it a waste of time to try to get you to see things any other way. Back to lurkdom I go.

:nono::nono::nono::ohwell:

You did ask a question, lol.

How is the doors closed to us?

Anywho, are there anymore black owned weave companies? I posted one up thread - AWNI. Indique is another. Anymore?

I was thinking about buying some Outre curly hair for a sew in, but I saw one of the black business owner's comment that a rep from Outre told him they don't supply to N words, so I won't be buying anything from them.

Last edited:
sweetcapri said:
Young lady you seem hostile. Why?
You from my observations are what Dr. Phil calls a RIght Fighter, no matter what is said you just want to be right. So on that note it a waste of time to try to get you to see things any other way. Back to lurkdom I go.

im not trying to be right. when I said until the plans are made to open a black owned bss ima get my staples where I can get them, everyone wanted/did jumped down my throat sayin I dont support black businesses. theres no right or wrong in what I said its just what I felt.

Last edited:
Ok so im done I still dont get how "ima get my products where I can get them and I support everybody" are argument starters but you know you cant reason with ppl who like drama.

sckri23 Please don't hijack my thread. Just start your own. As stated before let's focus on listing the stores and other positive stories...

Black owned and weave companies:

Jace Beauty- GREAT quality hair, long wait time, but completely worth it!
Arjuni- great quality
Indique

You know what i might be done with LHCF I cant stand drama and the words I support everybody shouldnt have an argument come behind it. There's other hair websites. Im gone.

FoxxyLocs said:
I was thinking about buying some Outre curly hair for a sew in, but I saw one of the black business owner's comment that a rep from Outre told him they don't supply to N words, so I won't be buying anything from them.

Oh WOW that's crazy.. I feel terrible for owning an outré 1/2 wig now. Thanx for sharing that.

sckri23 Let's focus on listing the stores and positives stories...That's what I stated at the beginning of the thread. I do understand that all people don't agree on seeking out Black own BSS, that's your right...Since we have such a strong base here I hoped that we could list the stores in our ares plus any positive stories about a black owned supply store gaining ground in your community. That's all...No drama.

cocomama said:
sckri23 Let's focus on listing the stores and positives stories...That's what I stated at the beginning of the thread. I do understand that all people don't agree on seeking out Black own BSS, that's your right...Since we have such a strong base here I hoped that we could list the stores in our ares plus any positive stories about a black owned supply store gaining ground in your community. That's all...No drama.

I just dont want everybody lookin at me like im a drama starter I support everybody how can someone agrue with me about that? Im 2 upset. Ill b bak wen I stop cryn

Back