Keeping it Real IRL- Do You Tell Your Girlfriends: "He's Just Not That Into You"

I try not to give advice since i've never been in a real relationship. I usually say something like: I'm happy for you or Be careful or If that's what you want.

Nope, I'm horrible at it to be honest. 90% of my friends have never been in a relationship. I had one a few months ago become very excited about this girl who had expressed interest in him... Only she flaked out about a week into it. I assumed she wasn't that into him, and even though I did mention that a few times, I also advised him to try harder than he should have because I didn't want him to become bitter and swear off dating due to the situation.

Suffice it to say... she pulled some stuff down the road and he became bitter anyway. Dang!

I only give advice if asked. I keep it real but not everyone is ready to hear it. I agree with DI, it is my duty as a good friend but you have to time it right.

MV

For the most part I keep it real with my friends..
I have noticed over the years they weren't ready for the truth nor did they want to hear the truth..

I have basically at this point become my own friend cause ppl in my circle wasn't keeping it real with me..

A friend....a friend should always regardless of how much it hurts keep it 100...
I stand behind this and do it even when it hurts..
So I guess that's why I only have three/four friends now..LOL

Back