He's Just That Into You...

I LOVE THIS...

his METHODS: I had actually known him for a couple of years, but it was just really a "hi, bye" type of thing. He got my number, but nothing happened at first. After awhile, I would catch him looking at me. It was an intense look (not stalker level) but the type of expression where he absolutely wanted me to know that he was looking at me. He is a very quiet dude. But he would hit me up when he was nearby and visit, small things like that. His ex had broken it off with him, and I got multiple forms of information to prove it really happened. I wasn't going to give him a shot until then.

his TRUE INTENTIONS: Oddly, I was wrong about him. I assumed he was just trying to have sex with me. One night he came over and we were watching television, and stuff almost got out of hand. When I stopped it, we sat for a little while, and then he left. I just KNEW it was chalked. Next day he was just as attentive & cool as before. He would cook food and bring it to me...just a great guy.

HOWEVER...

During the summer he went out of state, near his ex-girlfriend and that's when I saw issues.

what CLUED me in: Things were cool when he first came back up here. We would chill, go for walk in between work and school. Everything was going good. I wanted to make it official but the school messed up his scholarship money and he went back home. I found out his ex was pregnant (my best friend saw it on Facebook) but I didn't know if it was his or not. He hit me up VERY occasionally, and then after a month of not hearing from him, he texted me with pictures of his newborn baby girl. Go Figure...

Did I EXPECT it: Expect the unexpected. I didn't expect him to pop up with a baby...lol...that whole day we texted and talked about a lot of things and issues. We both came to the conclusion that neither of us admitted how we felt (neither of our strongpoints) and I hit him up occassionally to see how the baby is...

I LOVE THIS...

his METHODS: I had actually known him for a couple of years, but it was just really a "hi, bye" type of thing. He got my number, but nothing happened at first. After awhile, I would catch him looking at me. It was an intense look (not stalker level) but the type of expression where he absolutely wanted me to know that he was looking at me. He is a very quiet dude. But he would hit me up when he was nearby and visit, small things like that. His ex had broken it off with him, and I got multiple forms of information to prove it really happened. I wasn't going to give him a shot until then.

his TRUE INTENTIONS: Oddly, I was wrong about him. I assumed he was just trying to have sex with me. One night he came over and we were watching television, and stuff almost got out of hand. When I stopped it, we sat for a little while, and then he left. I just KNEW it was chalked. Next day he was just as attentive & cool as before. He would cook food and bring it to me...just a great guy.

HOWEVER...

During the summer he went out of state, near his ex-girlfriend and that's when I saw issues.

what CLUED me in: Things were cool when he first came back up here. We would chill, go for walk in between work and school. Everything was going good. I wanted to make it official but the school messed up his scholarship money and he went back home. I found out his ex was pregnant (my best friend saw it on Facebook) but I didn't know if it was his or not. He hit me up VERY occasionally, and then after a month of not hearing from him, he texted me with pictures of his newborn baby girl. Go Figure...

Did I EXPECT it: Expect the unexpected. I didn't expect him to pop up with a baby...lol...that whole day we texted and talked about a lot of things and issues. We both came to the conclusion that neither of us admitted how we felt (neither of our strongpoints) and I hit him up occassionally to see how the baby is...
wow... :nono:

Love this thread though! I can't add to it right now but I have a feeling I will soon.

This is a lovely thread. I guess I can add one:

His Methods: Boldness!! This man was so bold. I never thought I was into the whole bad boy thing, but he surprised me (or I surprised myself! You live and you learn). He was very straightforward about what he wanted and why. It was a breath of fresh air at the time, though I tried to tell him we wouldn't work.

His true intentions: He meant what he said.

What clued me in: I've been trying to figure out what the quality of "presence" is. He had that. He was affectionate, quick to show me off around friends, wanted to be together in a very basic way. Given what I had been experiencing at the same time, it was such a nice feeling.

Did I expect it:
I believed that he meant what he said regarding what he felt. But I didn't expect it to go anywhere because I was right in what I saw from the beginning. So I can't say I was disappointed when things ended.

Last edited:
Back