June 2016: Hits & Misses

Sooo.... here goes!!

Major Hits:
My relaxer: Avlon Affirm Sensitive Scalp Conditioning Relaxer, been self texlaxing with this for the past 2 1/2 yrs and I have yet to have any issues with it... my hair always feels so soft and I still have tons of texture... I love it!!

*"Old Faithful" aka my hooded dryer... we've been through it all together lol
*My steamer: I have the Salon Sundry Professional Salon Hair Steamer with Rolling Floor Stand Base... this thing right here.... MAGICAL w/ pre-poos and D/C's especially at 4-6mths of new growth
Products: Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil line = bombtastic!, or anything from Shea Moisture LOL
Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Line
Aussie Moist Line
ORS Replenishing pack, Neutralizing Shampoo, and Hair Mayo
EVCO, EVOO, jojoba oil, avocado oil, and amla either of these mixed with some rosemary, peppermint, and lavender essential oils for a pre-poo and D/C

Last edited:
I would like to try the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque and the Eden Body Works line that I've heard so much about too....

Last edited:
Reformulations and discontinuances make me paranoid enough to buy 10 or so of a given item.

@PJaye
Man.....Banana Brulee has been around since the beginning of time, who woulda' ever thought in a million years it would ever be discontinued????:pullhair:

For Me that would be like HV Sitrinillah being discontinued, something that I would never think would/could happen.....but now you never know.

@NaturallyATLPCH

If I use it and decide I like it, I'll hit you up on the Exchange (if you list them/and if they are still available).....I know that's a lot of "IF"s:lachen:''

I'm just glad I didn't go all in.:look:

Thanks for that.

Well they may be good for other purposes. Don't get me wrong, my hair was extremely soft, but I just don't have a purpose for them in my stash at the moment.

Plus APB is pretty much putting everyone out of my stash. If she comes up with a medium hold cream gel, it's a wrap.

@NaturallyATLPCH
I just got a ship notice on a order I placed 05/20.:eek:

And I have x2 more orders out there. Guess I'll look for them around July 4:look:

OT: I was thinking about SSI's Peach. Since I follow up my Cowash with another Conditioner, I should be good.

I'll follow it up with something else.

As soft as your hair will be, you won't need to follow it up with anything else lol...in fact, you'll be able to leave a little in.

Did you say 5/20??? :pullhair:

I feel the same. I initially liked it, but by Thursday my hair was dry. I'm going to try it with the Bekura YAM. I did not like the Honey Conditioner at all. Don't get me wrong, I liked the peach, but it's not as good as a masque. Maybe good for a cowash and finger detangling.

I tried it and still it was a :nono:

It has great slip, so it works a bit better as a leave-in/rinse out.

And although I like the pleasant scent, as a Georgia Peach, I wanted a peachy type scent :yep:.
Now of course every head is different. My head is very picky, as well as tricky too. It likes creamy things, but not too thick, but not watery either. The Sugar Peach is creamy but when it hits these strands, it dissipates.

My hair doesn't like multipurpose products lol...

@NaturallyATLPCH @AgeinATL @Saludable84 @BrownBetty @Beamodel and @rileypak @bajandoc86

Thank you everyone for this "Lively" discussion on SSI's Sugar Peach.

I love it when we have multiple posters posting regarding an item. Reminds me of the "Good Old Days" (LOL)

I definitely appreciate everyone's input. And naturally the differences of opinions on usage etc....

Since I will be using it for a Cowash and as a Final R/O, I should be good with the x2 bottles I have. Should I realize I like it for these two purposes, I will re-up on it.

I do love that fact that it is 14oz's.

Ya'll we should have discussions like this more and get the Hair Forum back to being lively again.

Hmm....what product shall we discuss next Ladies???? Good discussion.

I paid $8.80 :pullhair: (pre-discount)
I must have been on a purchasing wave for that one to slip through...:nono:

Oh trust me, in the past I used to pay it when Etsy seller Naturally Amari was selling those butters. 1 item at $5.00, 2 at $7.50, 3 at $9.50...I used to ask her about flat rate shipping, shipping discounts, etc.

Now I just refuse. I will not pay over $7.00 to ship multiple items.

But I realize some of these companies offer the high shipping for priority to get to you in about 1to 3 days. Let me decide on that, I can wait a few days to save some coins.

Back