June 2016: Hits & Misses

Oh trust me, in the past I used to pay it when Etsy seller Naturally Amari was selling those butters. 1 item at $5.00, 2 at $7.50, 3 at $9.50...I used to ask her about flat rate shipping, shipping discounts, etc.

Now I just refuse. I will not pay over $7.00 to ship multiple items.

But I realize some of these companies offer the high shipping for priority to get to you in about 1to 3 days. Let me decide on that, I can wait a few days to save some coins.

I have very few vendors I'll spend that kind of shipping on because the products are staples (like Claudie's or LRC). I don't usually spend that on newbies.

@Saludable84
OOOOwwwweeeee! :happydance:......:headspin:

Rubs Hands Togevver!

YES! :up: Good One!

I'd love to have a discussion on NurCreations Avocado Hair Mask. I bought that x2 Jar Special but haven't tried it yet.

Calling all Ladies who have used this DC'er.:orders: (other than @KinksAndInk)

I know @curlyhersheygirl has used the Bamboo Serum or Spray or whatever it is and she said it's the Business.

I agree with @NaturallyATLPCH those shipping costs are a definite concern.:ohwell:

Especially since folks have said they've asked her for years to please go to Flat Rate Shipping.

I had that same conversation with Butters N Bars and Shi-Naturals and it fell on deaf ears.:nono:

Last edited:
When I make these mock carts with APB and NG, I've never noticed the shipping go crazy. I've paid the same amount for one Bekura product that I paid for two. I think the NurCrations was like $6 and I felt that was mild (what's the world coming too). When I make carts and I see the price jump like $3 for 1 extra product, I just hit X on Safari.

HIT
Shescentit Avocado conditioner....i finally tried it and love it
NaturelleGrow Sweet Plantain leave in....love the scent and the moisture
Aphogee green tea Keratin spray....revisited this and love it all over again

MISS
Giovanni Direct leave-in...unfortunately it left my hair hard and lifeless. Fortunately i bought a sample size of it so IM not stuck.

NurCreations avocado conditioner is still bae. But I know y'all tired of hearing me rave about it lol. The bamboo serum is just :lick: makes my hair soft, seals in moisture without being too heavy and gives my hair a nice shine. Nice fragrance too (black raspberry) I had to put the top back on and stick it back in the closet since I haven't ordered a backup yet. I was going crazy with it.

NurCreations avocado conditioner is still bae. But I know y'all tired of hearing me rave about it lol. The bamboo serum is just :lick: makes my hair soft, seals in moisture without being too heavy and gives my hair a nice shine. Nice fragrance too (black raspberry) I had to put the top back on and stick it back in the closet since I haven't ordered a backup yet. I was going crazy with it.

I used it this morning, gave my twists a nice sheen. The hair is a little firm but I expected that with the coconut oil. I dont like the application though. Its slippery and the top makes it even more so when I try and pump it out.

Hit: Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic.
I love the scent- it's fruity and fresh and although strong in the tub, doesn't linger on my hair. My hair prefers it diluted (I use 1-2oz mixed with 5-6oz of water. It seems to absorb well (better diluted) and leaves my hair soft even though there is a little protein in there.

Miss: It's going to take something really good (or a hard knock to the head) for me order again due to shipping costs/ taxes, delivery time (I waited for what felt like a month- I could be exaggerating but really not by much). All prohibitive to a purchase, especially when I like to buy good products in bulk.

Last edited:
Hit: Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic.
I love the scent- it's fruity and fresh and although strong in the tub, doesn't linger on my hair. My hair prefers it diluted (I use 1-2oz mixed with 5-6oz of water. It seems to absorb well (better diluted) and leaves my hair soft even thought there is a little protein in there.

Miss: It's going to take something really good (or a hard knock to the head) for me order again due to shipping costs/ taxes, delivery time (I waited for what felt like a month- I could be exaggerating but really not by much). All prohibitive to a purchase, especially when I like to buy good products in bulk.

Wow, I thought her shipping speed increased? It's still advertising it on her website.
My last order from her took about two and a half weeks, guess she's back to her old shipping habits.

Wow, I thought her shipping speed increased? It's still advertising it on her website.
My last order from her took about two and a half weeks, guess she's back to her old shipping habits.

To be fair, I am in the UK, and I placed my order back on 25th March- seems so long ago already, shipped 5th April and received my products sometime near the end of April. Although I noticed I did receive a shipping label notification a little before it was actually shipped. Since my order was placed, I did read here that her times have improved.

Edited to correct the purchase date.

Last edited:
To be fair, I am in the UK, and I placed my order back on 25th March- seems so long ago already, shipped 5th April and received my products sometime near the end of April. Although I noticed I did receive a shipping label notification a little before it was actually shipped. Since my order was placed, I did read here that her times have improved.

Edited to correct the purchase date.

Ooooh, okay, I got you. It had improved for a while.

@NaturallyATLPCH @AgeinATL @Saludable84

Decided to use SSI's Sugar Peach today as a Final R/O. I may report back?

Although, there may not be anything to really report on since I am using it after DC'ing.:look:

I guess I'll come back with my basic thoughts on scent, consistency etc....If anything else really stands out, I'll comment on that too.

I normally don't get to 'new' products this quickly, but for research purposes, I decided to try it out.:brainy:

Revisited Hit : ORS hair mayonnaise. Still works great on my hair now I'm natural.

Continued Hits: APB LI's, refreshers and DC's. LRC's shake n'go and NG's sweet plantain LI. Consistent results with these every time.

Neither a hit or miss: SSI white chocolate cowash. This cleansed well but the moisture it provided was just meh. I was expecting it to be more moisturizing than the blueberry which I adore since it contained pumpkin seed oil, but that wasn't the case.

Although, there may not be anything to really report on since I am using it after DC'ing.:look:

I guess I'll come back with my basic thoughts on scent, consistency etc....If anything else really stands out, I'll comment on that too.

I normally don't get to 'new' products this quickly, but for research purposes, I decided to try it out.:brainy:
@IDareT'sHair
As always great minds think alike. I pulled out a new cowash to try today ahead of others for the same reason.

Awesome. Please report back.

:ghost::ghost::ghost:

Waiting for your assessment at the door
:giggle:

Back