June 2016: Hits & Misses

@Saludable84
OOOOwwwweeeee! :happydance:......:headspin:

Rubs Hands Togevver!

YES! :up: Good One!

I'd love to have a discussion on NurCreations Avocado Hair Mask. I bought that x2 Jar Special but haven't tried it yet.

Calling all Ladies who have used this DC'er.:orders: (other than @KinksAndInk)

I know @curlyhersheygirl has used the Bamboo Serum or Spray or whatever it is and she said it's the Business.

I agree with @NaturallyATLPCH those shipping costs are a definite concern.:ohwell:

Especially since folks have said they've asked her for years to please go to Flat Rate Shipping.

I had that same conversation with Butters N Bars and Shi-Naturals and it fell on deaf ears.:nono:
@IDareT'sHair
I made a sizable order initially and I paid $7 for shipping because she did it as a custom order . I have that DC but haven't used it yet. However that bamboo spray is really nice. It soothes the scalp and nourishes the hair. I didn't get the serum but will try it if I ever place another order.

Miss:
Komaza bountiful mane. I bought this 2 months ago and I loved it. It worked great to keep my scalp happy and it also smelled nice so I could apply it at anytime with no worries. I just got a new batch the bottle is now different, the color of the product is completely different and it stinks! I understand consistency can be slightly different but this is way too much change for me. :confused: I sent them an email but I have a feeling I won't be buying this product again. The one on the left is the new one.

View attachment 362871

Just got off the phone with Komaza, they followed my email up requesting I call them. Jenn the lady I spoke to was very nice, she let me know bountiful mane was always the color as the one on the left. We're not too sure what the one on the right(the one I love) is but she suspects it was a mislabeled anagen elite. They're going to send me out a bottle of anagen sometime next week . I'm really hoping that the anagen is it because it's the only thing I found that truly calms my scalp down. A++ to customer service for them they will continue to get my business.

And while I'm here.

Hit:
Komaza Califia Moisturizing Spray. It's so thick it's everything I want in a spray leave in! I've been trying to find a spray that doesn't remind me of just spritzing water on my hair and I think this is it! It's day 3 and my hair feels so good. I'm definitely catching their next sale!

Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic. I can detangle with this on top of a califia spritz and then immediately put my hair in a twist for a fluffier twist out (which is exactly what I've been trying to get). I haven't tried a wash and go and probably won't until next summer when my hair is longer. But for now Uncle Funky definitely beats curl maker because it doesn't flake with hair dew.

+This weather has my hair singing. I'm picking up at least 3 bottles of the Califia at their next sale and I'm hoping Uncle Funky will be at the natural hair show so I can get 2 of the bigger bottles.

Neither a Hit Or a Miss (still too soon to tell)::look:
SSI's Sugar Peach as a R/O.

I STAN for SSI's Avocado & the Pomegranate and those two make a great Cowash.:love:

Sugar Peach's consistency is nice. The smell is a mixture of Light Peach with Perfume undertones. I enjoyed using it because of that duel-scent thing going on.:drool:

But I still love ST'icals Curl Conditioning Crème, DB's Pumpkin and CJ's Argan & Olive as my Final R/O's. These give me that personal WOW factor.

I am currently under the dryer and my hair is very soft.

Next time I will try Sugar Peach as a cowash and see what happens.

I will see how it fares moved up in the Regimen rotation.:yep:

I could see this being duped as a Leave-In although I'd probably never try it this way.

For those of you that decide to try it as a Leave-In, please report back.
:thankyou:

Hit
-SSI Repair and Restore mask is Bae! My goodness! I've used it 3x soft, moist hair. I am stocking up on it next sale. It has keratin in it which I am learning is a plus for my hair

-Leaving my hair alone. I have worn wigs and head wraps the last week. I moisturize every other day and retwist every 3 days. I washed today and the shedding/breakage was minimal. I think this may continue the entire summer. My hair needed a break.

Hit and Semi Miss:
Sarenzo Leave In Spray (Twisted Vanilla scent)

First the smell! OMG- this smells just like a vanilla milkshake. It's light and more liquidy so I will continue to use it as a refresher spray on my mini twists I'll be wearing all summer to moisturize. My only miss is that this is just way to light for my 4a hair to use as a Leave In.

Miss: Mane choice 3 n 1 conditioner. I used this as a deep conditioner and leave in...straight up miss.

Unsure: Mane Choice moisturizing detangling shampoo. My hair felt just meh...wasn't moisturized nor easy to detangle.

Possible Hit: Camille Rose Naturals almond jai twisting butter and fresh curls. At first I wasn't too sure how well these products would moisturize my hair but I took one braid down and my hair felt so moisturized without feeling oily. CRN may give QB a run for their money.

To be fair, I am in the UK, and I placed my order back on 25th March- seems so long ago already, shipped 5th April and received my products sometime near the end of April. Although I noticed I did receive a shipping label notification a little before it was actually shipped. Since my order was placed, I did read here that her times have improved.

Edited to correct the purchase date.

Did you get a customs / VAT charge on your parcel? It happened to me and I wept.

Did you get a customs / VAT charge on your parcel? It happened to me and I wept.

I sure did:(. And I thought I was slick too, making sure my order was under £18. Only to find out the limit before tax is £15 smh. I need forget about that salon size Afrotastic:abducted:. I can't buy two 8oz DC. Can't even buy one 16oz. I'm getting emotional thinking about it lol.

Rediscovered Hit: Ingredients to Die For's Marshmallow Moisture Balm (MMB).
Last time I used this product, I was transitioning and although it worked well enough for me I didnt think it was necessary in my regimen. Recently I started looking for a slippery jelly like leave in to use under my gel and thought MMB would do the trick. Needless to say, it did. After applying it, my hair was instantly smooth, slippery, and easy to detangle. I'm so used to using a lot of thick gel to get that effect, that I was shocked and impressed. It is still a pricey product, but since everything else I use is cheap I can afford to splurge on this one item.

Possible New Hit: Xtreme Wetline Gel.
I had an 8 oz jar of this gel sitting around and decided to use it up. Best decision ever. I don't know if it was just the MMB, the gel, or the combo of both; but my two strand twists are super shiny and smooth. The fact that it is protein free is a bonus. It'll take a few tries before I know if the glycerin will be problematic.

Hit: Blowdrying then installing loose twists
As my hair has gotten longer, Ive been plagued with ssks and tangles. Blowdrying and using loose twists helps my hair stop from coiling around itself and take down is easy!! The only downside is potential heat damage

I just blow dried my hair straight on cool air. Prior I used my turbie twist to soak up some of the water so my hair wasn't soaking wet & it didn't take long

Mega Hit: APB's stellar customer service.
A few days ago I placed another order since the memorial day code was still active. I saw her post about orders from the original sales dates shipping by the 12th, so I thought I would get 2 packages; not the case. Both orders will ship together and I got a refund for excess shipping. This is why I can't mess with folks who don't know how to treat their customers.

New Hit: AE Garlic mask
Thanks @IDareT'sHair for telling me I need this in my stash. I have no idea why I never tried this before but better late than never.

Miss: Being on a buying break and folks keep emailing me deals :cry3:

Back