June 2016: Hits & Misses

Miss:

Giovanni Direct, my hair had awesome definition, probably the best that I've had with any product. However, my hair lacked moisture and my relaxed ends were tangled. It made my natural hair look dull. I hate that look.

Kinky Curly Knot Today, I hate I got sucked into product hype. This product did nothing for my relaxed hair and does nothing for my natural hair. Again, it leaves my hair looking dull.

Both will be trashed.

However, I've had them for a very long time so my upset level is on zero. If these were new purchases, they'd go back to the store.

@divachyk

I completely understand.

And they would be right back with the quickness too.:laugh:

Years ago someone swapped me a KCKT and I swapped it with someone else who at the time, said they loved it, so I never got to try it and never tried to repurchase it.

But that Giovanni Direct was the Debil.:evilbanana:

Last edited:
Miss:

Giovanni Direct, my hair had awesome definition, probably the best that I've had with any product. However, my hair lacked moisture and my relaxed ends were tangled. It made my natural hair look dull. I hate that look.

Kinky Curly Knot Today, I hate I got sucked into product hype. This product did nothing for my relaxed hair and does nothing for my natural hair. Again, it leaves my hair looking dull.

Both will be trashed.

The KCKT I realized only works for me when the weather is damp. The entire month of May was like happy hour. Once the weather dried up, dull hair. It's sitting in "the basket under the sink in my bathroom", you know, that forsaken place where all products go to die. But I'll take it back out during hurricane season :lachen:

Sounds like she must have had these issues when she first launched the products. I personally have not experienced any problems with NG products. I actually just ordered some recently.
@IDareT'sHair Yeah I figured. I think if there were problems now, we'd be hearing more about it cause you know we don't play around here.
Yes. And she fixed her act. I have not had any issues ever using her stuff. If it was a recent gate then yeah, but a lot of people use her stuff without issue these days.
@Saludable84
IKR? That's such old news.:ohwell:

Not only did she fix her act....she blew it up!:burnup:
These are all very reassuring. Thanks ladies. :kiss:

I read in the NG thread that there were hair and a fly found in multiple persons products but this was a few years ago though. I haven't read of any new occurrences.

Please don't be scared. I think she is one of few vendors who offers sample sizes and 4oz sizes so definitely give her a try. She has good CS and if anything quality assurance wise goes south, you know you always have us e-sisters to vent to. You know we take that stuff seriously. :bat:

Please don't be scared. I think she is one of few vendors who offers sample sizes and 4oz sizes so definitely give her a try. She has good CS and if anything quality assurance wise goes south, you know you always have us e-sisters to vent to. You know we take that stuff seriously. :bat:
@Saludable84,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the i nput and reviews about this product line.

Miss:

Both will be trashed.

I agree with your entire post because I've done the same thing. No matter how many times I've re-tried them over the years and despite a plethora of rave reviews, both KCKT and Oyin Hair Dew will always suck. I don't even bother with them any more.

Miss:

Both will be trashed.

I hate Giovanni Direct. I thought it was just me.

:lol: So true @Saludable84, we really do.

That's why this is THE place I come to when I need to know about a product or product line

Last edited:
New Hit:
Using DB's Pumpkin Seed as a L-I Detangler *I am Tardy to the Party*:dance7:

If your on a No Buy, you should be on a No Review too, because you come in here, reviewing, and you know I love this stuff. Have yet to re-up. Still got my cart ready to hit the pay button. And Ive used it as a leave in and I will say it was not bad.

Darcys Botanicals..... :drool:

Let me go find a corner to sit in real quick:abducted:

I thought it was just me. I liked it when I was relaxed. But after I went natural it was horrible for my hair. It didn't moisturize or aid in detangling. I didn't even like the scent. Now I'm reading that others didn't like it either. I'm curious though to see if there's anyone that does like it on natural hair. If it works for you please come back and tell us.

Back