June 2016: Hits & Misses

HITS:

Aunt Jackie's Quench Moisture Intensive Leave-in Conditioner
Aunt Jackie's Knot Havin' It Leave In Ultimate Detangling Moisturizer - this one has cones in it so I know I have to clarify enough to keep them from building up too much on my hair.

They are both moisturizing but I don't know if I'll go as far as calling the latter a great detangler though.

Last edited:
@AgeinATL @MileHighDiva @lulu97 @IDareT'sHair
@faithVA

(I waited to post this until 4th of July weekend for Ms. T's no buy break)

Everyone on this board with hair needs the Pureology Hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I don't care what's in it. I don't care that it's for color treated hair. I don't care that the shampoo is purple. I DO care that the price is outrageous but still, this stuff is magical. The shampoo lathers but it's wonderfully moisturizing and my hair feels clean without being stripped. The conditioner is AMAZING. Super moisturizing, tangled just fall out. It's holy grail will always be in my shower status.

I get mine at Ulta and they occasionally have sales on salon hair products.

That is all.

@faithVA

Everyone on this board with hair needs the Pureology Hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I don't care what's in it. I don't care that it's for color treated hair. I don't care that the shampoo is purple. I DO care that the price is outrageous but still, this stuff is magical. The shampoo lathers but it's wonderfully moisturizing and my hair feels clean without being stripped. The conditioner is AMAZING. Super moisturizing, tangled just fall out. It's holy grail will always be in my shower status.

That is all.

@toaster Hi Sis :hiya:
I'm so happy you found a washing combo your hair loves. I feel the same about my Joico MR line! This was the first line ever where my hair adored the entire line! The shampoo, conditioner and balm has my hair trying to give me some shuga :kiss: :kiss2:each time I use it!

@faithVA

That is all.
:abducted:

Hit:
SD Wheat Germ Conditioner. How'd that happen? I'll tell you: I used it with water. Refreshed with water, applied and I still have buttery soft hair 3 days later. It also doesn't need a sealer.

Camille Rose. So far, I've tried the Cleanising Rinse, Twisting Butter and Curl Maker and I like all three, armpit smell and all.

The Cleansing Rinse is really good but the name is deceitful. I'm going to email them about that. Seriously. I guess they figure more people would buy?

The twisting butter is bae but I'm going to keep it for cooler months. That makes me happy because I couldn't find a butter that was a decent consistency to not make my hair feel coated.

Curl Maker is a good sealer. I did have soft hair using it. It doesn't surpass DE Honey, but I like that it comes in a pump bottle.

I have a few more items to try, but will wait til fall. I really like this brand as my OTG go to. I need an OTG where I have more hits than misses. Yes, that was shade at Shea Moisture :look:

@faithVA

That is all.

And Ulta is having their liter sale too!! It's going DOWN! Thanks for the heads up sis! I NEED that conditioner.

Hit:
DevaCurl Low Poo. :happydance: This is what I am looking for in a poo. Super low to almost non-existent lather. Hair felt clean. The only issue........ It does not like my texlaxed ends :hide:. I want to start washing 2x a week and if I use this I will be able to without stripping. It's not even stripping.

SM JBCO Masque. That stuff is bae. Melts my tangles. I never thought it would work for me. I didn't rinse completely though. A work friend keeps bugging me to try just not rinsing fully.

Not a Hit or Miss:
Having thick, dense hair. It just uses a lot of product period. :rofl:

Hits

Bekura Honey Latte Detangling Milk- I like the fact that my hair didn't feel dry after 3 days with this. Only thing is, I feel I do sometimes have to use a butter at least to seal it but otherwise I really like it.

Quemet Biologics AOHC- This is more of a revisited hit. I used it to seal the Bekura Honey Latte and my hair has felt soft for the last few days which makes me happy because it's hard to keep my hair mouisturised for long.

On the Fence

NG Sweet Plantain Leave in- I think this is just ok. My hair initially felt soft and great but by the second day it felt a bit dry. I may try it again but for now it's just alright.

Hits

Bekura Honey Latte Detangling Milk- I like the fact that my hair didn't feel dry after 3 days with this. Only thing is, I feel I do sometimes have to use a butter at least to seal it but otherwise I really like it.

Quemet Biologics AOHC- This is more of a revisited hit. I used it to seal the Bekura Honey Latte and my hair has felt soft for the last few days which makes me happy because it's hard to keep my hair mouisturised for long.

On the Fence

NG Sweet Plantain Leave in- I think this is just ok. My hair initially felt soft and great but by the second day it felt a bit dry. I may try it again but for now it's just alright.

Ive noticed and said the same thing. I hate that I have to use a sealer. It's too hot.

@AgeinATL I agree with @flyygirlll2 I find it to be a very nice consistency, lotion-like. I used it earlier this week without a sealer and it was great, however, when I went to retwist, I could get through my hair pretty ok. I *only* dont like that I need a sealer when using it, but I have no other issues with it. I will put it back in rotation when the weather gets cooler.

@IDareT'sHair Ive never used it as a prepoo but I have used other SM masques as prepoo and they have really worked great, even when they were horrible deep conditioners. I dont hate that their masques are very versatile to use, as some products you can really run out of options quick, but Im happy this masque works for me on wet hair. I do believe it would make an excellent pre-poo, especially if it works that good as a detangler when deep conditioning.

Back