June 2016: Hits & Misses

Hits

Naturalicious Moroccan Rhassoul 5-in-1 Clay Treament- Has my curls/coils popping all over the place.

SSI Pomogranate Curl Quenching Conditioner- I don't do rinse outs but today I used it after the clay treatment and the slip it provided was really good. I was able to finger detangle my hair with ease. Will get another bottle.

AO Honey Suckle Rose (new formula)- I was pissed when I recieved this at first because when I ordered it, the pic was of the original. I used it today on dry hair with heat for over an hour, my hair was soft so it's a keeper.

Loreal Total Repair 5 Restoring Conditioner- Love this conditioner. I use it to pre-poo and it leaves my hair feeling soft. I also like the fact that it has ceramides.

DC'ing on dry hair- This definitely helps to cut down a bit on my wash day. I might start doing this often depending on how my hair feels.

Super Hit
Hairveda Customer Service - Emailed them about an ingredient list discrepancy and they rectified the issue immediately and went above and beyond to resolve things on my end. They did way more than I expected them to (I didn't even ask, they did it on their own) and I appreciate that kind of customer service.

Major Hit
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler. Why have I never used this before???? I used this in place of Aphogee 2 step and I was so pleased with the results. For one, it didn't stink like rancid gas station bathroom. It had a very light pleasant smell. It didnt get as hard or sticky as aphogee, but my curls came ALIVE. I followed up with Joico moisture recovery balm, I had the sleekest hydrated twist out ever.

Miss:
Not using a sealer. Hair was ok. Just wanted to experiment.

Not a Hit or Miss:
Bekura Honey Latte for detangling. Not too bad. Doesnt melt tangles, but does make them easier on dry hair. Needs a sealer though.

Hit:
SD Wheat Germ Conditioner. I didnt use a sealer with the Bekura, so I spritzed with water and added the WGC. Butta!!!!! I will keep this close by for now. Doesnt need a sealer either. Bekura has Shea butter, so layering more on top would have been a big no-no.
Water as a refresher.

Continued Hit:

Annabelle Perfect Blend Cupuacu Avocado Daily Moisturizer- it's truly a multipurpose product for my daughter's hair. I use it as a leave in conditioner, a moisturizer and a hair dress while styling. I love it because it's moisturizing without build up.

+1 on this. Love this moisturizer. For now, I'm using it on dry hair and it's perfect. I'm going to try it as leave in on wet this week.

Major Hit
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler. Why have I never used this before???? I used this in place of Aphogee 2 step and I was so pleased with the results. For one, it didn't stink like rancid gas station bathroom. It had a very light pleasant smell. It didnt get as hard or sticky as aphogee, but my curls came ALIVE. I followed up with Joico moisture recovery balm, I had the sleekest hydrated twist out ever.

That Aphogee works great on my hair but you are right, that smell :barf:...

Hit:

Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave in conditioner - this is an amazing leave in. I only had a sample which I was able to use 3 times and finished it this morning. It's very expensive but it's worth it. I may invest in getting a larger bottle.

I agree. I had a sample that worked perfectly. Just never invested in a larger bottle of the stuff.

Neither a Hit or a Miss...a meh..

Shescentit Sugar Peach conditioner as a leave-in. I didn't dilute it as the consistency was perfect for a leave-in (it was way too thin to serve as a DC for my hair). Excellent slip, instant softness, and it gave my hair some shine; however, once my hair dried, it felt just ok. Nothing extraordinary and no lasting moisture as my hair was dry by day 2. I will use this up to prepoo or as a rinse out but it is definitely not a repurchase.

@IDareT'sHair (I think you asked for feedback using it as a leave-in). I think it would be helpful for your transitioning hair because the slip is amazing, but if you want to use it as a leave-in, be sure to put something heavy over it.

Back