June 2016: Hits & Misses

@flyygirlll2 so with the Baobob oil, I looked at a few things. Now, I think it's a nice light oil. Comparable to Vitamin E. My issue is what your getting for your money. The little bottle is 8.99, same price as the others, so I think to myself they must all be equal resources in comparison to oils like peach and jojoba. Fine. I use it on my hair and I need 4 pumps just for a medium sized twist. Times that by 18. Considering you yield just a small amount per pump :naughty: like I said, I didn't pay, but it's still not worth it.

The SD WGB so far is ok. I like that I don't have to use much. My hair feels soft enough considering wash day. When I was relaxed, this stuff was really good, but would only moisturize for a good 2-3 days before I had to reapply. It didn't leave build up which I loved. If I have to remoisturize I'm fine with that, but a couple times I've used the KCKT when the weather was drying up, noticing my hair was just as dry. The WGB doesn't leave my hair dry, it just needs umph. But I was relaxed when I used this so we will see how it fares better with natural hair now.

At the moment, nothing is beating my Bekura Honey Latte and APB Cherry Kukui Leave ins. The APB is just to heavy for now, but I just might pull it back out. The Bekura left my hair soft and moisturized til wash day. I also find that I like Bekura stylers better than their DCs.

Hit:

Miss:
My Hercules Sagemann combs. They just sit there looking lonely. The fine tooth one gets used by DH beard but that's about it. Since finger detangling, I only use my brush.

I feel the same way about these combs @Saludable84. I truly don't understand the hype :nono: and I am so over those expensive combs and brushes. My Goody detangling comb detangles my hair swimmingly and way better.

I still wanna try some stuff @IDareT'sHair, but they have to be small sizes. I already live in a very humid climate so I won't be able to keep up if I have too much handmade products on hand.

My major interest lies in two or three products from SSI, APB and maybe NG but I read some disturbing information about the latter (Naturelle Grow). I am still interested in NGs Marshmallow Root DC nevertheless.
What disturbing stuff is being said about Naturelle Grow?

Hit: Joico kpak conditioner. Pulled this out this past weekend and forgot how nice it was. To think I was going to throw it away with all that other stuff I was tired of looking at and not using.

@Saludable84 Oh ok, I see what you mean. My hair is definitely not about that "Use a dime size"
life that some of these conpanies be instructing to do. I agree that the bottles are pricey for the size. I gout them from Ulta during a sale so that's my excuse lol.

I can't wait to try the Bekura Honey Latte and Tapioca. I love their Tonga Mousse Opulent Hair Cream. I swear I'm going to be a lazy natural once this transition is over. Outside of wash day, I really can't be bothered with my hair. That's why I need something to keep my hair mouisturised during the week.

I feel the same way about these combs @Saludable84. I truly don't understand the hype :nono: and I am so over those expensive combs and brushes. My Goody detangling comb detangles my hair swimmingly and way better.

I miss mine because I don't use them anymore, but they were great when I was relaxed. I don't regret buying them, it's just sad that I can't use them anymore. Like at all. I do understand where you are coming from though. There are good, inexpensive ones, I just got tired of looking for ones that wouldn't cause so much breakage.

@flyygirlll2 i am definitely about that silver dollar sized amount. I might try more of the Bekura leave in as far 2-2 and I've liked them. The Palm Tapioca is a bit heavy but I really liked it. I used it in the winter. I still have a lil chop to go but I'm super lazy. I'm about the washing one day a week life, styling one day a week and keep it moving life. I totally get you.

@divachyk i was detangling in the shower but it was hurting and ripping out too much hair. I couldn't get to small tangles. When I finally stopped, it was because I knew I was ripping through my hair and I didn't want that. I really miss the easiness of them :cry3:

What disturbing stuff is being said about Naturelle Grow?
I read in the NG thread that there were hair and a fly found in multiple persons products but this was a few years ago though. I haven't read of any new occurrences.

Not a Hit or Miss:
Silk Dreams WGC. Going to keep it as a re-up. My hair feels nice, I won't even lie. Actually, it feels great, like how I want my hair to always feel, but I need more moisture. It feels like 2 day post wash hair where it starts to feel really good and that's the problem.

At this point, I'm down to two: Bekura Honey Latte (Hit) and Oyin Hair Dew (have yet to try). The WGC is good if I cowashed often because it's not heavy, but for once a week washing, I need more. And it's summer in New York. I need more :rofl:I'm going to keep it around, because it's always good to have back-up, but it saddens me that an HG product has become a mediocre product :sad:

@Saludable84
So, was it an HG for you when you were Relaxed?

I thought it was too heavy/oily for me Relaxed, but was going to definitely try it again Natural whenever she offers them as a "Dream Big"

At the time, it felt more like a Butter/Cream than a Conditioner when I used it Relaxed.

@Saludable84
So, was it an HG for you when you were Relaxed?

I thought it was too heavy/oily for me Relaxed, but was going to definitely try it again Natural whenever she offers them as a "Dream Big"

At the time, it felt more like a Butter/Cream than a Conditioner when I used it Relaxed.

Yeah, it was really good when I was relaxed. Kept my hair moisturized, sleek and shiny. It wasn't heavy at all. I used it as a leave in though. Now, it just feels light. I feel like it has the total opposite effect. I would definitely wait until she has another sale.

Yeah, it was really good when I was relaxed. Kept my hair moisturized, sleek and shiny. It wasn't heavy at all. I used it as a leave in though. Now, it just feels light. I feel like it has the total opposite effect. I would definitely wait until she has another sale.
@Saludable84
Interesting.

So are you still using it as a L-I? Or were you trying to use it as a R/O?

I want to use it as a R/O.

I would only buy it if there was a decent Sale.:look:

Put it this way...it would have to be more than 10%.:look:

@Saludable84
Interesting.

So are you still using it as a L-I? Or were you trying to use it as a R/O?

I want to use it as a R/O.

I would only buy it if there was a decent Sale.:look:

Put it this way...it would have to be more than 10%.:look:

I use it as a LI. RO I tried once, fail. My hair was hard and sticky. If I decide to sell one of my bottles before the next sale, I will PM you. I will see how long it takes me to get to half a bottle.

Major Hits:

Moisturizing the ends of my hair every night and setting it on flexi rods. I get long lasting curls and lots of volume. I can actually sleep in these rollers comfortably. Wash and go's are a no no for my hair so I like the convenience of these rollers.

I finally got around to using my Apalus Straightening Brush and can't believe I took so long to use it. I used it on 200 degrees and achieved soft silky hair. I plan to use it once or twice a month from now on.

Keeping up with my vitamin regimen. I have never been able to be consistent with vitamins in the past. But I have kept up with it and have reaped the benefits. I have more energy and can see a big difference in my skin, hair and nails.

Adore Semi Permanent Hair Color - Long lasting, great coverage, and the colors are very vibrant.

Hits:

Annabelle Perfect Blend Cupuacu Avocado Daily Moisturizer: very moisturizing without being too oily. I love the consistency. It's feels like KBB Sweet Ambrosia but there is no glycerin and APB is more moisturizing.

APB Simple Hair Cream- I finally found something comparable to Qhemets Burdock Root butter cream

Annabelle Perfect Blend customer service. She promptly answered my question and she gives the option to order unscented products.

Last edited:
Hits:

Annabelle Perfect Blend Cupuacu Avocado Hair lotion- very moisturizing without being to oily. I love the consistency. It's feels like KBB Sweet Ambrosia but there is no glycerin and APB is more moisturizing.

APB Simple Hair Cream- I finally found something comparable to Qhemets Burdock Root butter cream

Annabelle Perfect Blend customer service. She promptly answered my question and she gives the option to order unscented products.

The hair lotion was no go for me because it has Shea butter but the Cherry Kukui is ok if I use it alone. No oil or butter afterwards. I am interested in trying her other Shea free lotions and moisturizers.

The hair lotion was no go for me because it has Shea butter but the Cherry Kukui is ok if I use it alone. No oil or butter afterwards. I am interested in trying her other Shea free lotions and moisturizers.

the simple hair cream and the Cupuacu Avocado Daily moisturizer are shea butter free. I try to avoid shea butter products.

Cupuacu Avocado Daily Moisturizer ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Theobroma grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil,Palm (Elaeis Guineensis) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Pathenol (Vitamin B5), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Simple Hair Cream ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Palm (Elaeis Guineensis) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Pathenol (Vitamin B5), Glycerin, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Back