June 2016: Hits & Misses

HIT:

APB whipped cleansing cream-I've been using this after I shampoo my scalp and exposed hair (I'm in crochet braids) every other week. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. (ETA: thanks @rileypak for recommending it!)

DIY braid spray

Crochet braids-After I evaluate how my hair held up, when I remove the crochet braids, I might stick with crochet braids for the next 6 months. I am loving this style!

MISS:

Needing new crochet braids

@NappyKinks what is that product in your avatar?

@NappyKinks
Yeah, I wanna know too.:giggle:
It's a brand new a jar of Komaza Care Scalp Moisture Therapy.

I wasn't too thrilled with the fill level and since I can't get any of my pics to upload to my album, I made it my avatar.

It's a great butter nonetheless so I'm definitely snagging a couple more jars next sale. . .and they better be full!!:bat:

Not a Hit or Miss:

Shea Moisture 10-in-1. Biotin and my hair are not friends. I have thick strands and biotin promotes thickness so... enough said. My hair is soft. It left my hair strong but my hair is better when its more on the moisture side. I will keep it around but I cant swear by it yet.

Last edited:
It's a brand new a jar of Komaza Care Scalp Moisture Therapy.

I wasn't too thrilled with the fill level and since I can't get any of my pics to upload to my album, I made it my avatar.

It's a great butter nonetheless so I'm definitely snagging a couple more jars next sale. . .and they better be full!!
:bat:

@NappyKinks
That's a Winter Staple/HG of mine. Thought I vaguely recognized it. :look:

Unfortunately, it's been through numerous reformulations.:nono:

MAJOR Hit: SiameseTwists Sweet Potatoe Pie Hair Cream

I used this product today as a DC and oh my goodness! My hair was transformed to silky, smooth, easy detangled hair that feels super moisturized. I usually have to take my sweet time to detangle from tip to root, but with this product, I don't have to worry about snags. My comb just glided through and even better was the significantly less hair I had when detangling. Definitely adding this to my staple DC. I'm truly done with shopping for DCs now, lol. I want to thank @IDareT'sHair @SweetlyCurly and @Beamodel for their reviews of this product.

@Saludable84,

Girl how you can come up in here and say what you opted for but not say how'd you like it? Fess up girlie, lol.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I know better right! I haven't used it yet. As soon as I do, you know I'm in here literally within minutes of washing it out.

I was going to get the one @IDareT'sHair has, but I put it down for a reason I don't remember and now regret it. I should have just gotten both.

Back