June 2016: Hits & Misses

Huge Hit:
SSI Murumuru & Avocado Ultra Nourish Hair Butter - Man, listen. I've been using this consistently for about 3-4 weeks now and I absolutely love it. The consistency is awesome... kind of like a super dense and thick whipped cream? It even makes that crinkly noise when you dip your finger in lol. Anyway... the lightness of this when you apply it would have you thinking it won't have much effect but a little goes a long way and it makes my hair super soft. The smell is hard to describe but it's a total "SSI scent" for those of you who know the line. Very light and sweet but also noticeable enough that the first time I used it my SO immediately asked what I had used because he thought my hair smelled good. This has actually replaced MHC Type 4 for me as my daily sealant butter because I like the smell of this much better (I'm not a fan of the peppermint smell of Type 4) and I think Type 4 has a bit more of a tacky feel both on contact and on the hair. This Murumuru Avocado stuff is just awesome and paired under Oyin Hair Dew... I'm in hair heaven. :love:
Awesome review @Mische :up:.

@IDareT'sHair I haven't tried either one, but I believe those get good reviews. Does'nt the Whiskey Vanilla lean more towards protein? I'm realizing now that my natural hair doesn't like too much protein. If it's light it's ok but otherwise my hair will feel hard and dry.

I saw the Apple Sorghum and couldn't figure how it work in my regimen, so I passed on it.

I think it's quinoa protein. The first time I tried it, I was still relaxed so it was light. I imagine it probably medium for my natural hair. It was ok then, I imagine it might be better now.

Likewise. I want to try it, but I don't know how.

@Saludable84
Nice Review.:hug2:

Using 1/2 the jar the 1st time is not the business. Do you think you'd use it the exact same way? Or will you mix it? Now I'm curious?

I plan to Steam with it, so I'm sure it will be great.

Nothing from this line (for me) is a necessity. More like a splurge & a treat.

I enjoy having it in my Stash, but I am not tied to any of it. (Thank Goodness)

If I try it again, I would add in some honey. That could stretch it and allow less use. Steam would work great, as initially, I was letting shower steam do its thing. The Vanilla Whiskey I remember not having to use a lot and since I would use it far and few between, it's not a bad purchase. Compared to most protein treatments, price and value can run about the same. The YAM.... It's just a great buy. Makes mediocre things better lol. But the Cacao Bark, it's just a nice treat. That's about it. Like I said, I would buy it during a sale, but it's not something I would swear by or even recommend.

Hit:
Bekura Honey Latte Leave-In. It looks thick but you don't need a lot and absorbs really well. I didn't find myself using to much and it smooths so well. Not like "apply down the hair and squeeze some more out and continue to apply". Really good. I can see this as a repurchase. I like KCKT because it's light, but the weather is getting drier so it's becoming too light and APB Cherry Kukui (no Shea Butter) is too heavy. This is a perfect in between.

Miss:
Bekura HL scent. I was smelling it and it smelled nice.... But had that tangy under arm smell.... Didn't realize the scent is nectarine vanilla. I don't hate it, but they could have kept that nectarine.

I just pulled out Camille Rose Curl Maker and I gatta tell ya ladies, that one is a HUGE HIT. I love :love: love that stuff. Thankfully I bought two of them so they should last me a while. I used it as a moisturizer this evening and I mean my hair is soooooo soft. I need to try the CR Coconut Water Style Setter and see how I feel about that one.

Hit: Blowdrying then installing loose twists
As my hair has gotten longer, Ive been plagued with ssks and tangles. Blowdrying and using loose twists helps my hair stop from coiling around itself and take down is easy!! The only downside is potential heat damage

+1, but I haven't blowdried because it takes so long. As my hair grows longer, it's getting more difficult to blowdry. I also blowdry section by section using the tension method, which just takes forever and tires my hands. :(

I just pulled out Camille Rose Curl Maker and I gatta tell ya ladies, that one is a HUGE HIT. I love :love: love that stuff. Thankfully I bought two of them so they should last me a while. I used it as a moisturizer this evening and I mean my hair is soooooo soft. I need to try the CR Coconut Water Style Setter and see how I feel about that one.

I second that. Hit to the second power! Tangy underarm scent and all. Love it better than KCCC and DE Honey. I forgot to post that hit, but you don't need a lot, I love that it comes in a pump bottle and it smooths really well down the hair. I used half a pump to one full pump each twist and my twist aren't exactly small. Around medium.

I second that. Hit to the second power! Tangy underarm scent and all. Love it better than KCCC and DE Honey. I forgot to post that hit, but you don't need a lot, I love that it comes in a pump bottle and it smooths really well down the hair. I used half a pump to one full pump each twist and my twist aren't exactly small. Around medium.
I could certainly believe this @Saludable84. I started to use a full pump at first and quickly realized that i was using too much because it was super moisturizing. I had to use much smaller amounts and it still got the job done:yep:.

Hit:
Bekura Honey Latte Leave-In. It looks thick but you don't need a lot and absorbs really well. I didn't find myself using to much and it smooths so well. Not like "apply down the hair and squeeze some more out and continue to apply". Really good. I can see this as a repurchase. I like KCKT because it's light, but the weather is getting drier so it's becoming too light and APB Cherry Kukui (no Shea Butter) is too heavy. This is a perfect in between.

Miss:
Bekura HL scent. I was smelling it and it smelled nice.... But had that tangy under arm smell.... Didn't realize the scent is nectarine vanilla. I don't hate it, but they could have kept that nectarine.

Great review. I've been looking at this leave in, as well as the Palm Tapioca Cream.
Lol at tangy underarm smell.

Miss: Curls Blueberry Bliss Leave In :darkcloud:
What in the world was I thinking about getting this? Knowing nowadays coconut oil in high contents is the devil. Left my hair all kinds of dry and brittle. Plus the ingredients are sub par. I had to slather on my HITS to save the day...:wallbash:

Hits: APB Hair Creams and Leave Ins...STILL winning!:yahoo::pulpdance:

I need to quit playing and stop trying anything new. I'm going back to Darcy's leave in because it's the only leave in that TRULY worked on this kinky head. The Knot Sauce is a close second, I want Ayo to bring some fruity flavas back.

Miss: Curls Blueberry Bliss Leave In :darkcloud:
What in the world was I thinking about getting this? Knowing nowadays coconut oil in high contents is the devil. Left my hair all kinds of dry and brittle. Plus the ingredients are sub par.
I had to slather on my HITS to save the day...:wallbash:

@NaturallyATLPCH
I bought this a while back!:angry2: Absolutely, no idea where the receipt is?

Thanks for the review.:perplexed:

Back