June 2016: Hits & Misses

@NaturallyATLPCH funny I tried that curls stuff when I was texlaxed and it felt oily and heavy on my hair. Said I would never bother again. I tried the entire line and hated it. I was going to revisit the line but no ma'am :nono: I'll keep my eyes on Karen Body Beautiful..... My next secret indulgence. Thank you! You've kept a future disaster averted.

Hit:
My last wash day. Omg. Super soft hair. Humidity is lowering as summer is coming, so the fact that my hair is still dry. *twerks* I have no idea what caused it, but I did use the CRN Curl Maker as a sealer because the label does say you can use it alone or with another of their products for extra moisture. I used the Bekura Honey Latte and I cannot complain.

Wetline Xtreme gel. I don't even remember where I put the eco styler I had jic I need it for an emergency. The Wetline has a hard hold but doesn't flake for me. I normally spray my hair with water, apply gel and spray with more water.

Miss:
Nothing at the moment.

@CodeRed
Lol sorry sis.
It improved the elasticity of my hair and let it soft and shiny each time I used it. I know folks use it to help with shedding but I haven't noticed that yet as I've only used it a few times.
The softness and shininess is what people consistently talk about when they use it. When these last two deep conditioners I have are done (probably sometime in August) I think I'll have to get this one. Thanks!

Total Miss: SiameseTwists delivering my products to the wrong address! Even though I had shipped to that previous address before I am currently located elsewhere and made sure that my order reflected the change. Lo and behold, it showed out for delivery at an address I am currently not located. I messaged her about this 3 hours ago and still, no response. I will wait until the end of the day to see if she responds and how she handles such mishaps.

Fortunately, my husband is getting into town to pick up the package and have it shipped to me, but seriously, this is not a good look for the owner of SiameseTwists. I guess I should show more patience, but I was really looking forward to DCing my hair with some of her products this weekend.

The only redeeming factor is that she refunded me $1 and some change after she realized she sent me the wrong tracking information. This was a result of a previous correspondence where I was unable to track my shipment. It just sucks that the tracking information was actually tracking delivery to my old address. :(

Still a HIT!!!
Claudie's Normalizing Conditioner. It's been three weeks now since I last used it and, through co-washes and shampoos, my hair is still "normalized". lol My crown continues to blend in with the rest of my hair instead standing out like the step child of Don King. This truly is some witchcraft magic hoodooism supernatural hair going ons right here!

Miss
Package withdrawal. Bills always have to mess up a good thing.

Last edited:
HITs
moisturizing with S Curl
sealing with a My Honey Child Type 4 or Buttery Soy

someone at work complimenting my curls, softness (yeah, I let her touch it b/c I like her) and shine
having someone say my hair had shine truly made my day b/c when I first started transitioning, my hair appeared very dull and it was not cute

MISS
I think gone are the days when I could seal with oil. It does nothing for my hair and my hair looks dull.

HIT

Stepping up my natural game. Yesterday I purchased some much need accessories including several firsts; my first scalp massage brush, Denman brush, Flexi Rods set and edge control.
:yay:

Sally's speedy shipping. My order has already shipped.:woot:

MISS

Paying $9.49 in taxes.

Buying from small black owned businesses and etsy shops has gotten me so accustomed to not paying sales tax that I completely forgot about it.
Saw my Sally's receipt and was like; Taxes? Taxes? I don't pay no stinking taxes! :ban:
Lol, that awkward moment when buying black got you thinking like the 1%.:lachen:

Hit: Rock Your Hair Moisture Madness Conditioner

I've used half the tube now and my hair is indeed moisturized, has a shine to it and soft. I really like it. It's not as cost effective as some other conditioners I like so when this tube is done I may/may not buy it again but I saw where the home website has 30 and 40% off multiple times during the year and they offer bigger sizes there so that'll be an option in the future.

HITs
moisturizing with S Curl

someone at work complimenting my curls, softness (yeah, I let her touch it b/c I like her) and shine
having someone say my hair had shine truly made my day b/c when I first started transitioning, my hair appeared very dull and it was not cute

MISS
I think gone are the days when I could seal with oil. It does nothing for my hair and my hair looks dull.

I second this. Oil does nothing for sealing these days.

HITs
moisturizing with S Curl

having someone say my hair had shine truly made my day
b/c when I first started transitioning, my hair appeared very dull and it was not cute

MISS

@divachyk, I concur with the bolded.

I can't wait to deep condition this weekend. I need a hardcore protein treatment because i haven't given myself one in a long while. I'm thinking maybe Keracare Super Reconstructor or Dudley's DRC 28. As for moisture, not sure about that yet.

@IDareT'sHair,

Girl I miss that Donna Marie Butter Creme for sealing my hair. I really love that butter. I have so much natural butters I'm trying to give a lot of them away so I can move on to my other butters I bought, like that MHC Type 4 hair creme, some CRN, and a few others.

The Shealoe butter from fromnaturewithlove.com is also awesome so I may get that one again at some point. Their butters are quite emollient and rich enough for properly sealing in my hair's moisture.

Back