Is their a SL challenge for 2008?

Checking in...: Comparison shot in siggy...trying to figure out how to post normally:perplexed
Dec 16 07 start pic...25 Feb 08
ETA: My hair appears darker because of the oil in it(tried Gro Aut reggie yesterday). I'm darker because of the damn desert!

Trying to attach photo...I deleted it out of siggy:ohwell:

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
attachment.php

This was taken in Dec 07/ but i have Jan 08' to show increase in growth...Happy Hair Growing....

Attachments

• growth chart 2.jpg
    growth chart 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 28
I want to join! My goal this year is for full shoulder length. Technically I am shoulder length but not the way I want it :spinning:.

vh95j6.jpg

The majority of my layers are above SL I'll claim it when the majority are below my shoulders.

el87qs.jpg

GRRR I don't know what possessed me to get bangs :wallbash:

ossnkh.jpg

Back length shot

I'm currently 10 weeks post in braids for the month of March. I'll relax at 14-16 weeks probably. I'm glad I found this challenge :grin: http://public.fotki.com/amerikan/ no pw needed

Last edited:
This is from my most recent flat iron and trim on the 16th of feb 08. I'll have another update in april when i get my fro flat ironed again. My head is tilted back but it gives a general idea kind of. Needless to say I sweated out my pretty flat iron later on in the club lol.:grin:

Attachments

• hair3.JPG
    hair3.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 5
I know I am extremely late, but I'd like to join as well. My starting point is in my siggy (chin length). My regimen is in my fotki.

Oooh, welcome to all the new members!!

How's it' going ya'll?? I'm entering March, have kept my hair up & away 98% of the time, and I plan on taking progress shots this weekend.... I'm hoping to be able to see a little growth, at least!

I haven't length-checked in years! LOL! But for real, my hair is in kinky twists and I have yet to see. I'm in the Bootcamp challenge (all four sessions) and I doubt I'll be seeing my hair for many many months this year.

Here is a pics of me....Feb o8' hairs finally touch the shouldres now I need to work on layers, retaining growth, and healthy scalp with crudoleum oil/ and rinse...happy growing.....I also bought Dominican products...look at fotki.com/babygurl.....4 yrs of growth pass WL...You'All...:rolleyes:

attachment.php

Attachments

• growth chart jan08'.png
    growth chart jan08'.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Here is a pics of me....Feb o8' hairs finally touch the shouldres now I need to work on layers, retaining growth, and healthy scalp with crudoleum oil/ and rinse...happy growing.....I also bought Dominican products...look at fotki.com/babygurl.....4 yrs
attachment.php
of growth pass WL...You'All...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• growth chart jan08'.png
    growth chart jan08'.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 97
I don't know what length I am but my ends are ja-zacked. The second picture is from yesterday but there is a flip. My first picture is in my messy bedroom - laundry and stuff.

030508-paint.jpg
2/28/08
DSCF0090paint.jpg
3/5/08

My little cover-up shapes are funny.

Last edited:
Ladies, I don't know if I will make SL this year. The back of my head is just a pain right now. It just wont grow and just breaks as soon as I start getting NG.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::nono::nono::nono:
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a fotki you can see my progress I just have few pics I will update at the end of this month . Plase live your comments .
Cecilie .

Ladies, I don't know if I will make SL this year. The back of my head is just a pain right now. It just wont grow and just breaks as soon as I start getting NG.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::nono::nono::nono:
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mandy, where does the breakage begin? At your ends, or at the line of demarcation? I find that when I have some breakage at the line of demarcation (because I stretch at least 12-16 weeks at a time), it's because I need some protein, followed by some moisture and then I really baby my hair until I see the breakage stop. I notice you have short hair like mine; do you wear it straight most of the time? I know if my hair is down, I have to wear it straight because it's too short to do a real protective style. So maybe try some braids, or a weave, just something to A) stop focusing on your hair so much and B) stop having to use daily manipulation so you can achieve that extra length!! You can make it this year!!!!

Hey Mandy, where does the breakage begin? At your ends, or at the line of demarcation? I find that when I have some breakage at the line of demarcation (because I stretch at least 12-16 weeks at a time), it's because I need some protein, followed by some moisture and then I really baby my hair until I see the breakage stop. I notice you have short hair like mine; do you wear it straight most of the time? I know if my hair is down, I have to wear it straight because it's too short to do a real protective style. So maybe try some braids, or a weave, just something to A) stop focusing on your hair so much and B) stop having to use daily manipulation so you can achieve that extra length!! You can make it this year!!!!

Yeah, I agree. Also, are you moisturizing and sealing your hair daily? I try to do it 2xs a day, once at night and once in the morning. Then I pin it up for the whole week and try not to comb it much. I just finger comb it mostly. I also conditioner wash 1x a week and shampoo 1x a week. I was suffering from a lot of breakage and I'm slowly trying to get it under control.

Thanks ladies for the support. I am moisturizing and DCing faithfully, but no difference yet. I do light proteins (ORS hair mayo) as prepoos and I normally do hard core protein once a month.
I just don't know for sure what is causing this.

Thanks ladies for the support. I am moisturizing and DCing faithfully, but no difference yet. I do light proteins (ORS hair mayo) as prepoos and I normally do hard core protein once a month.
I just don't know for sure what is causing this.

What's your reg? I only ask because that seems like a lot of protein to me. I can't do a hard core protein more than every two months. Are you DC'ing with an intense moisturizing conditioner.

My ends are breaking also but it's getting better since I started watching the protein/moisture balance.

I know I am extremely late, but I'd like to join as well. My starting point is in my siggy (chin length). My regimen is in my fotki.

Your hair looks very healthy. You're making me want to cut off my jacked up ends. Shoot, I might as well, they are breaking off anyway.

Can you say see-through? :ohwell:

What's your reg? I only ask because that seems like a lot of protein to me. I can't do a hard core protein more than every two months. Are you DC'ing with an intense moisturizing conditioner.

My ends are breaking also but it's getting better since I started watching the protein/moisture balance.
:yep: ITA...

hi everyone,
just had my touch-up after a 12 wk stretch....during the 12 wk course I had dusted only once....retaining good length, inching more to shoulders, and the sides are creeping to chin length....
attachment.php
here is my curl set in Dec 07'

goal: sl/apl 08'
goal: msl 09'
goal: wl 09/10'

Attachments

• curl set Dec 08'.jpg
    curl set Dec 08'.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 33
I want in on this as well. I am at neck length, trying to stretch my relaxers at least 9weeks and deep conditoning with every wash. I hope to be shoulder length by the end of 2008.

Hey ladies. I have decided to humbly bow out of this challenge. I have decided to transition and I might be BCing right away, I am not sure yet.
Wish me luck, I really need it.

Hey ladies. I have decided to humbly bow out of this challenge. I have decided to transition and I might be BCing right away, I am not sure yet.
Wish me luck, I really need it.

I want in on this as well. I am at neck length, trying to stretch my relaxers at least 9weeks and deep conditoning with every wash. I hope to be shoulder length by the end of 2008.

Oh no Mandy4610! I was really looking forward to your SL reveal! Oh well, I humbly accept this decision and can't wait to see your SL natural next year.

And of course I put you on the list Joy1181, there are few rules and lots of love, welcome!

Ladies, if anybody requested to be added to the challenge and I have not added you please PM me ASAP I have been so bogged down with school work and my extra-curricular activities that I haven't been able to do what I'm supposed to, I know my hair is probably a mess and I just haven't been on my ball lately, I humbly apologize.

Very late, but jumping in on this one. I am in the bra-strap 08 challenge and I am still determined to make it, but why not have 2 goals for 08?! :)

Back