Is their a SL challenge for 2008?

I am having a difficult time with keeping heat out of my hair already. I am a woman who loves flat irons. I started my regimen last Friday. January 25. I haven't put heat in it as of yet. But I have a gathering to go to this Saturday and every bone in my body what's my flat irons. I'm thinking of having one of those stocking weave caps made. I just hope it looks nice on me. :perplexed

I love the flat iron too but I am trying to reach a goal. :look:. In my humble opinion the stocking cap wigs have look like a good weave and some of the ones I have been rocking look like they could possibly be my hair. Good luck with that...o...can you get a roller set/wrap as an alternative?

Well I just wanted to post an update picture even though it's only been 6 weeks since I started this challenge...I believe that I have growth and my marker was the mole on my back...you can see it in the 1st picture but on the 2nd picture my hair has grown past it. I am a little over 6 weeks post relaxer and so far everything is going well. The first picture was my hair air driedand 8 days post relaxer on Dec 28th 2007 and the 2nd on is from today, 3 Feb 2008 and my hair is also air dried with a little oil in it...Let me know what you think....

Oh let me just add that I am so glad I found ORS Olive Oil moisturiser...it is amazing...I used to use Pink Oil moisturizer but that stuff in in the trash...i never knew it was bad for my hair until I joined LHCF...

Attachments

• Feb 2008 Comparison Picture.jpg
    Feb 2008 Comparison Picture.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 20
That's good growth for 6 weeks ChoZyn, were you using a growth aid?

No growth aids...I did try MN a few times but not consistently...I didn't like putting it on my head every day and sometimes I would just forget. I work out alot so when I sweat the MN that was on my head would end up coming down onto my face if i was working out really hard.

I was just co-washing 2 times during the week and everyday on the weekends and trying to keep my hands out of it...I only ORS Olive Oil and Infusium 23 which I believe brought my hair and scalp back to life...I baggy my ends sometimes using ORS but also wear a satin scarf to bed everynight to prevent my hair from breaking off on the pillow or my sheets...I also invested in satin pillowcases...I spray my new growth with S-curl spray to keep it moisturized and it seems to work for my NG so I'll continue to do that too...

No growth aids...I did try MN a few times but not consistently...I didn't like putting it on my head every day and sometimes I would just forget. I work out alot so when I sweat the MN that was on my head would end up coming down onto my face if i was working out really hard.

I was just co-washing 2 times during the week and everyday on the weekends and trying to keep my hands out of it...I only ORS Olive Oil and Infusium 23 which I believe brought my hair and scalp back to life...I baggy my ends sometimes using ORS but also wear a satin scarf to bed everynight to prevent my hair from breaking off on the pillow or my sheets...I also invested in satin pillowcases...I spray my new growth with S-curl spray to keep it moisturized and it seems to work for my NG so I'll continue to do that too...

She's right, that growth is amazing! I'm about to do my first length check (i.e. a relaxer) next week, hopefully my results will mirror yours...

Well I just wanted to post an update picture even though it's only been 6 weeks since I started this challenge...I believe that I have growth and my marker was the mole on my back...you can see it in the 1st picture but on the 2nd picture my hair has grown past it. I am a little over 6 weeks post relaxer and so far everything is going well. The first picture was my hair air driedand 8 days post relaxer on Dec 28th 2007 and the 2nd on is from today, 3 Feb 2008 and my hair is also air dried with a little oil in it...Let me know what you think....

Oh let me just add that I am so glad I found ORS Olive Oil moisturiser...it is amazing...I used to use Pink Oil moisturizer but that stuff in in the trash...i never knew it was bad for my hair until I joined LHCF...

Looks like it has grown. This is great!

Hi Ladies

Just checking in ..slow growth. My edges are healthy, last relaxer 12/11/07 and I am stretching. I moisturize daily, shampoo weekly (pre poo and deep condition), I HAVE NOT USED THE FLAT IRON OR BLOW DRYER!!!! My ends are healthy and no splitting. I have been rollersetting, wrapping and bunning my hair. I will begin this month with a co-wash during the week. Also, think of purchasing ayurverdic products..researching before I make this investment. I am loving LHCF.

She's right, that growth is amazing! I'm about to do my first length check (i.e. a relaxer) next week, hopefully my results will mirror yours...

I haven't done my relaxer yet because I'm trying to hold out but I know that I will see a big differnce becasue my pic was with my hair wrapped and air dried...and I am 6 and 1/2 weeks post now....I will probably relax at week 7 or 8 mainly becasue I'm leaving Japan to go on Vacation back to the USA and I don't want my hair all over my head...or maybe I will tough it out at home too.

I am in. I plan on being shoulder length by August. As long as I continue to be patient and apply low manipulation I will get there by this time.

I am definitely in on this challenge as well. Currently I am neck length with 4 a/b hair type. My short term goal is SL. This sounds like a great thread. Pics coming soon.

Hi everyonem currently in a Cathy Howse Challenge with Wifey,and many more BHM, '
attachment.php

wash 2 x week, deep condition 2 x, & no brushing, wash 1 x...baggie every day....Happy growing~www.fotki.com/greenwings23

Attachments

• back side of french rol jan 08'.jpg
    back side of french rol jan 08'.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
hi everyone, uzing homemade protein conditioner silk elements 1 jar, 2 eggs, TBSP 5 of EVOO, 1tsp peperment oil, 3 tsp coconut oil, stir, stir, stir, then but in ice box....use with heat cap /hood dyer for 20 mints...deep conditioner is the greatest!!!!!Happy growing:drunk:

So what counts as shoulder length? I think my back may be shoulder length, but my sides definately aren't.

I need to do a proper length check, jst gotta wait for the hubby to help me out.

I'm glad you described your process. I need to update my pics and I am always wondering how my hair should be when I take the picture. After I wash my hair, I loosely bun it and I don't touch it till its dry. But when it dries it's wavy. How can I measure? :rolleyes: I don't want to put heat on it to straighten it or leave it down after I wash it. It stays curly because of the bun until I wash it again. Forgive me - I'm still a newbie.

Anybody got any tips? I remember there was a thread with tips on taking hair pics but I searched and couldn't find it.

I'm glad you described your process. I need to update my pics and I am always wondering how my hair should be when I take the picture. After I wash my hair, I loosely bun it and I don't touch it till its dry. But when it dries it's wavy. How can I measure? :rolleyes: I don't want to put heat on it to straighten it or leave it down after I wash it. It stays curly because of the bun until I wash it again. Forgive me - I'm still a newbie.

Anybody got any tips? I remember there was a thread with tips on taking hair pics but I searched and couldn't find it.

I STILL don't know how to length-check! I guess I'll know I'm SL when my hair hit's my shoulder without any fuss...lol!

hi everyone, uzing homemade protein conditioner silk elements 1 jar, 2 eggs, TBSP 5 of EVOO, 1tsp peperment oil, 3 tsp coconut oil, stir, stir, stir, then but in ice box....use with heat cap /hood dyer for 20 mints...deep conditioner is the greatest!!!!!Happy growing:drunk:

that sounds good, I am going to try this on my DD hair.....i love all the silk elements products and so much for your $$$. Thanks

im in!! Right now my length is nl. And my goal is to have my hair @ a even full sl. I will be using mtg and mn mixed with mango oil, tea tree oil, and doo gro oil. I am also taking vitamins. Right now I don’t have a regieme, I am getting my hair braided in 2wks though. so if there is ne advice i will be happy to take it

Last edited:
Checking in- Here was my starting point photo.

texlaxedfluffy-vi.jpg

And taken last night soaking wet with lots of shrinkage and ng. This year for SURE.

Image505.jpg

I'll get some when it's dried and somewhat straight. I'm doing no heat until after my next relaxer though.

Checking in- Here was my starting point photo.

texlaxedfluffy-vi.jpg

And taken last night soaking wet with lots of shrinkage and ng. This year for SURE.

Image505.jpg

I'll get some when it's dried and somewhat straight. I'm doing no heat until after my next relaxer though.

There is noticeable progress. Keep up the good work.

Back