Is their a SL challenge for 2008?

Full SL is my goal for the 08, so I'll join. I hope to get there by May. I just have to stay away from direct heat.:perplexed

Regimen (once a week):
Prepoo: w/ Vatika oil or Qhemet Alma & Olive Heavy Cream overnight
Wash: w/ Elucence Moisture Benefits
DC w/ heat: alternate between ORS Replenshing Cond. and Pantene Relaxed and Natural
Leave In: Elucence Balancing Conditioner
Mosturize once a day w/ Qhemets Burdock Root Butter Cream.
Apply BT to scalp every other day.
Protective Styles: Rollersets

Last edited:
Your hair is very nice and shiny!
lys

ARR, you're is shiny too! sydwrites your hair looks really thick.
looks like we're going to have some nice and healthy heads of shoulder length hair.
Thanks, i'm glad to hear this, getting thicker hair was my whole reason for going natural!

man i was supposed to post pics weeks ago. i've actually been lazy and a little embarrassed to post them. i guess embarrassed because my hair is kinda nappy. LOL. well it is. (and yes I know it's supposed to be nappy but...) i have a touch up scheduled for the beginning of February. (I don't want to stretch more than 10 weeks this time, due to some breakage i got last time from stretching 12 weeks). I will take my new digital camera to mom's and take pics then. :grin:

Here is my starting point pic from the HYH reveal.

texlaxedfluffy-vi.jpg

I would love to be apart of this challenge!

Regimen:
Weekly: prepoo, wash, dc, rollerset. Protein treatment every 6-8 weeks or as needed.
Daily maintenance: apply a hairdress twice a day and use sulu max gro and tie hair up at night.
I'm also going to try not to use my flat iron and not relax my hair so often.

I'll upload a pic as soon as I figure out how...

Can we combine two challenges? I'm doing the WIG 2008 challenge but I had already joined this challenge. They would work together it seems. Is this okay?

Go head and combine em, girl!! :lol: I think most of us are in multiple challenges - as long as the rules don't contradict each other - have fun!

I have finalized my regimen.

Daily: I will wear a protective style (bun or wig) and sleep with a silk bonnet. I have a mixture of mango butter and frutis leave in conditioner that I will use as needed

Every 3 days: Wash/condition (I will alternate between Suave Humectress and Frutis for Dry Hair)

2x mo: I will deep condition with either the NTM or Pantene Mask

Every 6-8 weeks: Trim and flat iron or wetset courtesy of my stylist (depending on my mood)

I currently have natural hair that I am contemplating texlaxing. On the days I will wear a wig, I will wear my hair twisted underneath

I am trying to keep things as simple as possible with hardly any manipulation.

I will post a pic as soon as I can. And will make changes to my regimen as the need arises.

Go head and combine em, girl!! :lol: I think most of us are in multiple challenges - as long as the rules don't contradict each other - have fun!

I'm almost about to be in one challenge because this dang wig is about to be snatched off right here at work, right the heck now. If I had my glasses on I would look like 'It' from the Addams Family.

man i was supposed to post pics weeks ago. i've actually been lazy and a little embarrassed to post them. i guess embarrassed because my hair is kinda nappy. LOL. well it is. (and yes I know it's supposed to be nappy but...) i have a touch up scheduled for the beginning of February. (I don't want to stretch more than 10 weeks this time, due to some breakage i got last time from stretching 12 weeks). I will take my new digital camera to mom's and take pics then. :grin:

I was supposed to post two weeks ago too. I took pictures with a regular camera because my laptop was in the shop - still haven't developed them. I took pictures with my laptop webcam and they were too dark because I didn't want my kids teasing me about taking pictures of myself.

I'm going to post my pictures from last year when I really started this journey, right before I relaxed. I'll take new ones when I take my cornrows down this weekend to wash.

You know what, I think I want to join this challenge. What do I have to do, check-ins and post a regime or what?

I have to get a camera so I can upload my starting pics :pics:

Mainly the starting pic, I think........ that's the really important bit!

:wave:

I'm still here, still doing the updo thing. This weekend, I'm taking my hair down and henna'ing it - I don't have any special plans besides using the AfroDetangler for the first time to do my hair with...

Hey SL Challenge Divas!

I've updated my Fotki with pics as well as have my regimen in my Fotki journal.

Here's my progress so far (not much), but I've stopped my breakage with protein treatments (Elasta QP Anti-Breakage Serum bi-weekly sessions), so it feels much better.

Happy Growing!

Attachments

• HairProgress.jpg
    HairProgress.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 12
Can we combine two challenges? I'm doing the WIG 2008 challenge but I had already joined this challenge. They would work together it seems. Is this okay?

It's OK to combine them. I'm doing the SL Challenge, the MN 12 in 12 Challenge, and the Rollerset Challenge (although I'm not sure that one counts because I always rollerset anyway).

Here is my KISS regimine

Once per week
Pre Poo with ORS/motions cpr (mixed together) under dryer 30mins
Wash w/ CON moisturizing shampoo
DC w/ any moisturizing cond I can find in my stash:grin:
Roller set hair or air dry w/ leave in cond laci lacio or emergency 911
Absolutely NO DIRECT HEAT AT ALL
MN daily
Moisturize hair with ORS lotion or shea butter and seal with castor oil.
Once per month henna treatment
Daily protective style: phony pony or pin hair up to workout.

I will post pics as soon as I get my new hair album set up. SL/collar bone 2008 here we come.

Last edited:
This will be my first challenge. I hope it's not to late to join. I'm new to the LHCF family. I'm looking forward to no more breakage. If anyone has any great regimen tips, please send me a message. I will start my actual regimen Friday, which will be my next wash. I will post my progress.

Last edited:
I am so sorry I haven't been checking in!!! Spring '08 is killing me...I have 20 credits!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

My hair is really dry and I don't know what to do!! But I'll keep to my goals: No direct heat, and relaxer-stretching.

Hello to all the "challengers" I have a Fotki know you can PM me for password .
I will post my regimen this week-end .
Cecilie .:yawn:

I am so sorry I haven't been checking in!!! Spring '08 is killing me...I have 20 credits!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

My hair is really dry and I don't know what to do!! But I'll keep to my goals: No direct heat, and relaxer-stretching.

Spring 08' is killing me too! One of my professors assigned over 200 pages of reading on the first day...psshhh, I don't even think about getting books until the second week. Are people even supposed to be registered on the first day? :laugh:

My new growth is veerrryyyy dry and unhappy. Hopefully, I'll be able to fix this soon. *Goes to think of a plan*

Spring 08' is killing me too! One of my professors assigned over 200 pages of reading on the first day...psshhh, I don't even think about getting books until the second week. Are people even supposed to be registered on the first day? :laugh:

My new growth is veerrryyyy dry and unhappy. Hopefully, I'll be able to fix this soon. *Goes to think of a plan*

At the bolded: I'm sayin!! It's like, calm down people, we're gonna be here for a few months; and I've come to the conclusion that buying books is for suckers...I refuse to do it, I refuse.

I found this site in 2005 and was in awe, but never thought in a million years that I could have long hair, the myths have been dispelled :yep: and my journey begins ~ 2008 is mine and all things are possible...you just gotta believe!

I plan to do this 2x a week (Wed/Sun) for the next 2 months (trying this system of protien/moisture), I am stretching for the 1st time, 12 weeks! :grin:

My Reggie (I like that!!!!)
Pre-poo with cholesterol and EVOO (30 min) w/baggie
Shampoo with CON (green bottle)
Con with Aphogee 2 min recon or Motions CPR or Joico KPak (30 min) w/baggie
Deep condition with Pantene R&N or other (have some others that I want to continue to use cause I am a reformed PJ) (45 min)
Leave in - Salerm 21 and Giovanni. My hair loves this combo, little bit of both
Airdry a bit and 'paintbrush' my roots with MTG
Braid and seal the ends with coconut oil
Daily, I also plan to use NTM with MSM powder added and directly oil my scalp with my MN mix.

I may co-wash once a week to help with the oil buildup, dont want blocked pores!

I am so happy to have a start, I will have APL by Oct 2008 :grin:

It's OK to combine them. I'm doing the SL Challenge, the MN 12 in 12 Challenge, and the Rollerset Challenge (although I'm not sure that one counts because I always rollerset anyway).

what's the MN 12 in 12 challenge? It seems obvious and I'll do a search but how does that fit in with your basic hair regimen.

I am having a difficult time with keeping heat out of my hair already. I am a woman who loves flat irons. I started my regimen last Friday. January 25. I haven't put heat in it as of yet. But I have a gathering to go to this Saturday and every bone in my body what's my flat irons. I'm thinking of having one of those stocking weave caps made. I just hope it looks nice on me. :perplexed

Last edited:
Back