Is their a SL challenge for 2008?

Count me in. I am close to bottom of nape in the back and maybe an inch shorter than that on the sides. I have bangs. So I'm not shooting for full SL...I want the sides and the back to be SL and the front to grow out! I think I can make it by May or June 2008.

Oh. My Regimen is to wash 1x week, during the winter. I will either airdry and then flat iron or rollerset my hair after the wash. I go to the salon usually every other week. I DC with each wash w/heat, I also prepoo w/either moisture or protein each week. I plan to not trim my hair until the summer, and only then if necessary. The one thing that I am going to add is consistent use of my Lenzi's Request. I feel like I'm seeing results even with sporadic use, so if I use it 2x a week religiously I should really see something. Good luck to you all, and I will post an updated pic this evening.

I wanna join.

I was a little below collar bone then I broke down and got a chin length bob about 3 weeks ago. I really like it but I want my hair back. Hopefully I will be at least SL by the end of the year.

Count me in. I am close to bottom of nape in the back and maybe an inch shorter than that on the sides. I have bangs. So I'm not shooting for full SL...I want the sides and the back to be SL and the front to grow out! I think I can make it by May or June 2008.

I'm in!

I'm counting on 6 good inches for a krunk SL bob :grinwink:

I wanna join.

I was a little below collar bone then I broke down and got a chin length bob about 3 weeks ago. I really like it but I want my hair back. Hopefully I will be at least SL by the end of the year.

You three ladies are in it to win it...i.e. your names have been added to the list.:rolleyes:

I don't think i ever posted my regimen...so here goes:
basically,i don't have any set co-wash days. I do it when I feel like it although i never go more than two days w/o a co-wash.I co-wash with Freeman's sea kelp conditioner.

I also deep condition every two days,as my hair is taking a licking this winter.I was using Joico,but i just found Kenra MC,and it does wonders for my hair,so it is replacing my Joico as a deep conditioner.
I just started using the Indian oils,so i have Shikakai oil on my scalp and amla and vatika oils on my hair(but i'm washing them out later).

I use Graham Webb silk repair leave in,but i just bought some silk elements leave in and it is doing okay for me.
I hope to be braided back up by next week,because my hair seems to grow like grass when i C&G.

I guess those are the basics.If i remember anything,i'll be back.
I'm so excited,cause i have not had long hair since high school(4 yrs. ago:perplexed)

Yay us!!!!

I want to be in but I have a sew in wave now until 31/01/2008 so my picture of beginning wil be a picture of december 2007.
( I will do a fotki this month ) count on me .
Cecilie .:drunk:

Hey I'm a newbie and I want to be in too.:yep:

Be right back as soon as I load my fotki...

Ok, placed it in my siggy.

Last edited:
Ladies! Where are all your starting pics??? I know plenty of ladies have posted them, but what about the rest of us???? Let's start this challenge off right...:grin:

My starting pic is my current avatar...because of my limited website usage I can't make a fotki or get into online albums to post them...:perplexed...When I get home this spring I will put up this pic and my progress pic...my reggie!...Listen to my hair!

Last edited:
I can't remember if I posted a starting pic, so here it is. Please tell me if you can see it (sorry if it's large)

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/deelishus823/?action=view&current=Hair086-1.jpg

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/deelishus823/?action=view&current=Hair076-1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to get the resized pix to post, got tired of trying.

Your hair is very nice and shiny!
lys

ARR, you're is shiny too! sydwrites your hair looks really thick.
looks like we're going to have some nice and healthy heads of shoulder length hair.

Last edited:
If its not to late I want in... pics are in fotki, password in profile.

Regime: Keeping it simple and practical (My hair needs some type heat)
Wash once a week- Shampoo Nexxus Mint, Deep Con w/ OO replenishing pack under hooded dryer
Leave-in Con- Nexxus Humectress (quarter size) & Cocoa Butter (quarter size) followed by EVOO
Heat protection- Nexxus thermal styling spray
Day to day- EVOO, Coconut oil, and Nexuss Humectress (dime size)

I currently use a curling iron after wash for straightening :nono: but will purchase a ceramic flat iron to reduce heat damage (Maxiglide) :yep:
I will also add oil rinses.

Good luck to all the ladies that have already joined

Starting Point Pics

Current Length: My hair is layered all over
Bangs 4 inchs
Top of Head 4 inchs
Back of Head 4 1/2 inchs

Regimen:
  • Take two Multi-vitamins every day
  • Drink 36 oz of water a day
  • Indian Powder Rinses (amla, brihma, aritha, shikakai) and deep condition every 4 days
  • Massage scalp and hair with Amla Lite oil, Jojoba oil, Unrefined Coconut oil
  • Use shampoo once a month
  • Deep condition under a hooded dryer 10 - 60 min
  • Use as little heat as possible for styling
  • Moisturizers Used: Pantene Detangler, Giovanni Direct Leave In Cond., Rusk Leave In Cond., Cantu Oil Spray
  • Seal with: unrefined coconut oil

Last edited:
I'm in. I've been trying to reach shoulder length since Feb. 14, 2004 (when I first joined a hair board) and I always start neglecting and fall off. So, I'm seriously ready this time.

Regimen:
Wash twice a week-with CON Ultra Moisturizing Poo and DC for 15-30 minutes with every wash.
Aphogee-every 6 weeks
Moisturize more than once a day.
No direct heat.Use hooded dryer.
Prepare hair at night in ponytails with magnetic rollers and satin scarf to avoid direct heat of flatiron in the morning.

Will post starting pic tomorrow after work.

I'm going to use this pic:

2173505083_081a1db77c_m.jpg

and the Dec. 07 pic in my siggy to judge my growth......

I want to join this too. I hope Im not too late. I cut my hair all off in April down to about nothing and have been natural for the most part for about 8 months. I recently switched schools and want to get a new look so I got some random stylist to stick in a weave and relaxed the leave out hair. I would have gone to my former hair stylist but my mom wasnt willing to drive me 4 hours to get there. Well my hair didnt take well to the relaxer and looks dry and frizzy. My hair doesnt even straighten as well as when it was natural. The weave doesnt even look good. The lady really sucked at cutting layers and it is way too tight.

Well its time for me to stop screwing up my hair. So this weekend Im taking this horrible weave out and fully relaxing my hair. If I go natural again Im going to grow some length out first before cutting it off.

I guess I didn't post my regimen either. Maybe because there is no consistency with it whatsoever. But, anywho, here goes. I'll start with what I've done in the past two weeks since I started caruzing these forums.

Wash and condition with Pantene R and N. Realized that it had mineral oil and petrolatum in the shampoo and gave it to my husband who has no hair - bald fade.:ohwell:

Then, I bought a clarifying shampoo and used it after a hot six oil pre-poo and then I used Motions CPR because I was thinking of putting a relaxer in my head but I changed my mind and now my hair is hard to the touch. That was last Wednesday - the 2nd.

I washed over the weekend with the Pantene R and N because I couldn't find any of the moisturizing shampoos on Sistaslicks associated content list. I did buy some dove conditioner but I realized after that it wasn't the kind in the list. So I used the Pantene R and N anyway. I followed up with my MN mix - MN, vatika and ors carrot. Carroted my strands and sealed with Hollywood tea tree oil.

Last night, I did the MN mix, carroted my ends and sealed with the hot six. I combed my hair today and hair was everywhere and my scalp is so dry. I have to brush my edges with my soft brush because my ends ball up like a crowd of people putting up black power fists.:look:

I'm going to conwash tonight after I hit this great BSS in the Hispanic part of town that has Kenra products - I'll get the shampoo and conditioner and leave in.

My product altar is getting too big for it's designated spot so I'll have to hide a few things or donate to my girls. I want to put my relaxer in - 9 weeks - but I'm worried about the breakage. It could be the line of demarcation causing the problems because my breakage is long and it's not shedding (with the bulbs). I don't want to use the relaxer as a fixit so we'll see. I'm trying to stretch til the weekend before Valentine's day. I'm still confused about that and I don't have a lot of time during the week so we'll see. My new growth is peeking through the relaxed part when I bun up because it's so thin.

That's it. I'm still working on a good regime. The only thing that I've been doing consistently is moisturizing my hair at night, sealing with oil and keeping the bonnet on all night. I've also kept heat off and am wearing a boring a$$ bun with my own hair because the combs and stuff on weaves and half wigs were pulling my hair out. It does seem to be getting longer but it's still so thin.

Pictures are forthcoming. Three more days til ETA of my laptop from the Geek Squad.

Last edited:
Starting Point Pics

Current Length: My hair is layered all over
Bangs 4 inchs
Top of Head 4 inchs
Back of Head 4 1/2 inchs

Regimen on 1st post in the thread.

You are such a cutie. I remember my bad body twenties. I'm now 38 and I ain't that bad but I remember when my boobies stayed inside my swimsuit without two sided tape. Memories...:rolleyes:

Ah, regimen sharing time?

Right now, I'm trying to transition to two week blocks of hair management - I managed one block, so far, but I ignored my hair more than I really wanted to during the week, esp. considering I'm in the AAA challenge.

So - this is my planned regimen....

I DC/detangle my hair on the weekend, twist it up, and put into my protective style.
I take the twists down Monday/Friday for a scalp massage with Amla or Vatika oil, and I rinse it on Wednesday with a Alma/Shikakai mix.
The middle weekend of the two week stretch, I baggy my hair with a watered down conditioner to up it's moisture content, and redo any twists that are coming loose.
Continue the weekly routine M/W/F the next week, and then that weekend (of week two) I take down my twists, detangle, DC, and put them right back up.

With that regi, I'm only combing my hair twice a month, but it's still 'out' enough for me to be able to do scalp massages. I spritz my hair everymorning to keep it fresh looking, and sleep in a satin scarf everynight.

It's even MORE low-mani than before, and I'm really excited to see what growth changes/improvements I'll see from this...

DSCF1464.jpg

Here is my starting picture, I have not decided on a regime....work in progress, will post as soon as I conclude what works best for my hair.

Back