Is their a SL challenge for 2008?

Im new to this and i would like to join this challenge.

My regime would be to stay away from heat and to keep it braided up and to keep it moisturized. And when it comes to washing it i would give it a deep conditon and re-braid it.

Count me in.... My ultimate goal is Waist Length; but, in all honesty, I have to get to chin length first. I think full shoulder length in 2008 might be doable.:yep:

count me in. My hair is layered, so some parts at my collar bone, but others are at my chin and the shortest sections are at my ears. I think I have 6 inches to go for those short pieces to reach my shoulders. I'll do the official measure sometime next month

lys

This challenge is growing!! YAY! Welcome...

I'm in! i have absolutely no idea when i am hitting shoulder length. right now, its just sometime in 08, most likely late 08. all these layers i can't really tell.

I tried for it in 06, didn't make it, didn't make it in 07 either. So maybe, the third times the charm:look: I'm itching for a trim, but i'm trying to hold off for a little while longer.

So we are coming back to this thread and posting starting pics in January?

Count Me In! I'm new to LHCF, my hair is to the end of my neck in the back and about 1 1/2inches past my ears on the sides with layers, so MAYBE I can have healthy shoulder length hair by the end of 08......:drunk:

I'm in.

I'm hoping for june/july.

I have alot of layers in my hair, but I'm hoping I can do it....

Oh yeah, SL stretched.

I'm in! i have absolutely no idea when i am hitting shoulder length. right now, its just sometime in 08, most likely late 08. all these layers i can't really tell.

I tried for it in 06, didn't make it, didn't make it in 07 either. So maybe, the third times the charm:look: I'm itching for a trim, but i'm trying to hold off for a little while longer.

So we are coming back to this thread and posting starting pics in January?

Count Me In! I'm new to LHCF, my hair is to the end of my neck in the back and about 1 1/2inches past my ears on the sides with layers, so MAYBE I can have healthy shoulder length hair by the end of 08......:drunk:

I'm in.

I'm hoping for june/july.

I have alot of layers in my hair, but I'm hoping I can do it....

Oh yeah, SL stretched.

Hey Ladies...
:welcome2:
:welcome4:
:welcome3:

And let me say that I think you guys are all over-estimating your growth time...I'm pretty sure that you will all make it by June of 2008...your names have been added, and I'm so glad to have you:grin:

I'll go ahead and post my photo now. This was taken about a month ago. I'm thinking I will hit SL about March.

Attachments

• oct 26 bob.JPG
    oct 26 bob.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 36
Count me in. I'm a couple of inches away. I will be bunning and stretching relaxers. I will be washing and deep conditoning twice a week.

Count me in. I'm natural and just had my hair flat ironed and trimmed...pics in my fotki. I don't know when I'll reach full shoulder, but hopefully sometime next year. My regime is CW daily and weekly boosters with a protein CW. I only wash my hair once a month, as of now.

count me in. My hair is layered, so some parts at my collar bone, but others are at my chin and the shortest sections are at my ears. I think I have 6 inches to go for those short pieces to reach my shoulders. I'll do the official measure sometime next month

lys

count me in 2! im in the same boat lys. I have some that is broken off in the middle that are just beginning to show some growth, then the sides are about 2 in shorter than the back which about neck length:wallbash:

Count me in. I'd love to be full shoulder length and then some by the end of this year, and if not, by at least March. I'm almost there. Here are current pictures (wet and dry):

DSCN4262-th.jpg
DSCN4256-th.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in. I am natural and my hair in the back is neck length stretched and chin length on the sides. I just put in braids myself and plan to keep them in until the end of Dec. I'm gonna be washing once a week and massaging my scalp every night along with using BT.

Count me in. I'm a couple of inches away. I will be bunning and stretching relaxers. I will be washing and deep conditoning twice a week.

Count me in. I'm natural and just had my hair flat ironed and trimmed...pics in my fotki. I don't know when I'll reach full shoulder, but hopefully sometime next year. My regime is CW daily and weekly boosters with a protein CW. I only wash my hair once a month, as of now.

count me in 2! im in the same boat lys. I have some that is broken off in the middle that are just beginning to show some growth, then the sides are about 2 in shorter than the back which about neck length:wallbash:

I haven't participated in any challenges, so i wanna be down. count me in!

Count me in. I'd love to be full shoulder length and then some by the end of this year, and if not, by at least March. I'm almost there. Here are current pictures (wet and dry):

Count me in. I am natural and my hair in the back is neck length stretched and chin length on the sides. I just put in braids myself and plan to keep them in until the end of Dec. I'm gonna be washing once a week and massaging my scalp every night along with using BT.

Six more ladies....YAY!:yay:

I'm glad to have you (or should I saw, we're glad to have you) and please feel free to stop by at anytime...your names have been added...:grin:

Oh...here's me regimen:

oil rinses w/ conditioner about 3x/week
prepoo with shampoo once a week
DC once a week
Protein DC once a week
moisturize!!!

Very simple...and I love oils...:grin:

Ok, just checkin in, I think I will try to hit sl by April or May.

My regimen: DC 1x/week

detangle 1x/week (I am stretching until dec 14th.)

co wash 2x/week

moisturize every single night

Seal those ends baby!

I was looking at my hair this morning thinking "I am just a few inches from APL" actually I would be happy with that but of course I will strive for BSL but in 08 it is all about getting to APL and keeping it healthy...

SO AD ME TO THE LIST!!!!

I was looking at my hair this morning thinking "I am just a few inches from APL" actually I would be happy with that but of course I will strive for BSL but in 08 it is all about getting to APL and keeping it healthy...

SO AD ME TO THE LIST!!!!

This is the Sl challenge...I think you already passed us!:lachen:

Can i join? I just took my braids down and i think i should make it by may of next year! I'll post pics later!My regimen so far has been solely perfected based on my hair in braids,so basically i need a new regimen for my loose hair.I'll post it when i figure it out.

Ok...so here's is my regimen. I am just starting this hair care thing, but I think this is ok.
oil rinse-co wash every other day
wash w/shampoo and dc 1x week
protein conditioner every other week

My hair is chin length on the sides with the front being shorter than that and the back is neck length.
Let me know if I should be doing something else yall, there is sooooo much. I will post some pics over the weekend.

Can i join? I just took my braids down and i think i should make it by may of next year! I'll post pics later!My regimen so far has been solely perfected based on my hair in braids,so basically i need a new regimen for my loose hair.I'll post it when i figure it out.

Of course you can join! Glad to have you!

SO AD ME TO THE LIST!!!!

:bump: get outta here, with all that long, swangin hair! :grin:

IM IN!!! I should definately make SL in 08. I am on my neck in the back and chin length or a little longer on the sides. I just recently put kinky twist in my hair to give my hair a break from me.:grin: I plan to take them down on Dec 16th. I am on my first relaxer stretch. At the end on Nov. I will be 10 weeks post and about 12 weeks when I take my braids down. I am not sure how long I am going to stretch it I am letting my hair tell me how long! My regimen with the braids goes as follows:

Once a week shampoo & conditioner with diluted product.
Homemade braid spray daily
I am currently using Mn mixed with catro oil & Doo Gro oil
And I making sure to moisturize my "problem" area in the middle of my head

I am so excited about my new found do it yourself approach to my hair . This site is just what I needed. GOOD LUCK LADIES!! we can do it.:circle:lol!!

IM IN!!! I should definately make SL in 08. I am on my neck in the back and chin length or a little longer on the sides. I just recently put kinky twist in my hair to give my hair a break from me.:grin: I plan to take them down on Dec 16th. I am on my first relaxer stretch. At the end on Nov. I will be 10 weeks post and about 12 weeks when I take my braids down. I am not sure how long I am going to stretch it I am letting my hair tell me how long! My regimen with the braids goes as follows:

Once a week shampoo & conditioner with diluted product.
Homemade braid spray daily
I am currently using Mn mixed with catro oil & Doo Gro oil
And I making sure to moisturize my "problem" area in the middle of my head

I am so excited about my new found do it yourself approach to my hair . This site is just what I needed. GOOD LUCK LADIES!! we can do it.:circle:lol!!

YAY! :welcome2:!!

Your twists are gorgeous, I just put mine in and they're nowhere near as nice as yours, I'm so jealous!

I am adding oil rinses and henna to my reggy.

I may or may not actually wear my hair down some after my Hide your hair challenge is done. I'm still debating that but I am SO over wearing freaking buns.

And my bf says I am getting Braids by Breslin dvd for Xmas.

Hey, ladies! Add me to the list! :grin: I'm already in the '07 challenge, but I think I'll be missing it by a few more months. I won't feel comfy claiming SL till early '08...Recent pic is my avatar...

I'm using these as a frame of reference for my goal, since my front areas are so not SL :nono:

KendallRP2533SBN6.jpg
SamanthaRP2514SB06.jpg

I want in too. I'm currently neck length and Im hoping to graze SL by May or July.​

Hey, ladies! Add me to the list! :grin: I'm already in the '07 challenge, but I think I'll be missing it by a few more months. I won't feel comfy claiming SL till early '08...Recent pic is my avatar...

I'm using these as a frame of reference for my goal, since my front areas are so not SL :nono:

KendallRP2533SBN6.jpg
SamanthaRP2514SB06.jpg

Welcome ladies! And Artemis, your point of reference is great, mind if I use it as mine?

Back