Is their a SL challenge for 2008?

LADIES!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CHECK IN IN EARLY JANUARY WITH A CURRENT PICTURE AND YOUR REGIMEN. Or if you like, you can do it now!

I would like to join this challenge. After a huge setback in October I am hoping for SL by June of '08.

Count me in...this will be fun. I'm just getting started and have not developed a regimen yet. I hope to have that down by this weekend. I will post both my daughter and myself (since we both are starting with our heads completely jacked up...mostly damage from over processing). I am so happy to have found this site!

This will allign great with my other goal for 2008 (losing 25 lbs).

Here's to all of you who have courageously embarked toward this goal:clap::clap:.

November 2007
Wash/ DC-
1x weekly w/ ORS Hair Mayo or Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
---and----
MNT Condtioner or ORS Replenshing Conditioner

Growth Aids- Surge 1x daily (started 10/21); Biotin (started 11/20)
-Air dry
-Flat iron (1x weekly)
- Moisturize nightly with CFCG
-Seal w/ EVOO
-Wear silk scarf and bonnet.

December 2008
Wash/ DC- (Wash Days: Monday,Thursday)
1x weekly w/ ORS Hair Mayo or Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
2x weekly w/ MNT Condtioner or ORS Replenshing Conditioner

Growth Aids- Sulfer 8 (12/1- 12/17); Surge (12/21- 12/31); Biotin
-Air dry
-Flat iron (2x monthly)
- Moisturize nightly with CFCG
-Baggie ends nightly
-Seal w/ EVOO or Coconut Oil
-Sleep wearing silk scarf and bonnet.

Starting Pic/ Goal Length
SL08-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I officially have an afro under my braids. Can't wait to take these out in the next 2 weeks. It will be 6 weeks in total. I'll take a 2 week break from the braids, then jump back in with new braids for the new year.

Lys

I joined the other challenge. but i'd love to join this one as well! Would like to reach shoulder length sometime in 08'!

THANK YOU TENNY!!!! :lachen:I only went back to mid-Nov when I was searching for this challenge!

Hi Ya'll!!! I'm SO in - I even started another thread - I'll have to be sure to link it to this one so there's only one shoulder-length challenge going on!

I'll post pics this weekend (how I LOVE avoiding all the holiday hecticness!) of my hair soaked in conditioner - that's going to be my 'inbetween' measuring point - not as shrunken as my natural hair, but not as straight as straight hair (besides the fact that I'm scared STUPID of heat).

:woohoo Looking forward to growing with ya'll!

I was thinking about this thread yesterday, thanks Tenny for bumping it up.

Goal 1: SL by June '08
Goal 2: APL by Dec '08

I will:

Wash 1 to 2 times per week/DC each time
Henna occasionally to maintain color
Indian powders for rinses and homemade oil concoction
Start multivitamin
Use homemade sulpher/oil mix

ETA--I am currently 7 weeks post, I will update picture if I do a touch-up within the next 3 weeks.

Attachments

• straight.jpg
    straight.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hi ladies -

So far so good - vitamins, hair regime - all are the same. I will need a trim - maybe a half inch, but it's not a big deal yet.

The totally, absolutest coolest thing happened this past weekend when DH and I went out. After dinner, we were window shopping and stopped at the light at the corner, He put his hand on my neck UNDER MY HAIR and had to move my hair to kiss me on the neck.

He had to move my hair to kiss me on the neck - progress is a wonderful thing. :grin:

On the page where you post your message, there is a paperclip you click on to add an attachment. I put my sized down pic on my desktop and upload from there to the new post. You won't see the picture until you submit reply. HTH

On the page where you post your message, there is a paperclip you click on to add an attachment. I put my sized down pic on my desktop and upload from there to the new post. You won't see the picture until you submit reply. HTH

Thanks! I tried that way, all my pictures are too big, I dont know cant figure how to reduce them and attach :perplexed

I "saved as" picture from my photo album, in Microsoft Photo Editor. Then through "image" on the toolbar I selected "resize" and took the picture down to about 45% pixel size of the original size. Then I uploaded it to the post.

I would love to join. Count me in.

I joined the other challenge. but i'd love to join this one as well! Would like to reach shoulder length sometime in 08'!

Guess the two challenges can be combined...hello ladies:grin:

THANK YOU TENNY!!!! :lachen:I only went back to mid-Nov when I was searching for this challenge!

Hi Ya'll!!! I'm SO in - I even started another thread - I'll have to be sure to link it to this one so there's only one shoulder-length challenge going on!

I'll post pics this weekend (how I LOVE avoiding all the holiday hecticness!) of my hair soaked in conditioner - that's going to be my 'inbetween' measuring point - not as shrunken as my natural hair, but not as straight as straight hair (besides the fact that I'm scared STUPID of heat).

:woohoo Looking forward to growing with ya'll!

Count me in. I hope to be SL by the end of June 2008.

Count me in, I hope to be full shoulder length by May 08. Whatcha think?

Happy Hair Growing!!

To all you ladies...I AM SO SORRY!!! I haven't been checking in because my subscribed threads wasn't showing up! But you guys have all been added, and welcome to the challenge. Let's grow now!:grin:

I'd like to join. :grin: Hair currently very short and layered. I hope to be shoulder length by the summer. I hope....
I'll post a starting point pic tomorrow after I get my hair relaxed.

For this challenge I plan to:
  • Take two Multi-vitamins every day
  • Drink 36 oz of water a day
  • Wash hair and deep condition every 4 days
  • Massage scalp and hair with Amla oil, Jojoba oil, Coconut oil
  • Use less shampoo and do rinses with Ayurvedic powders
  • Deep condition after every wash (under a hooded dryer 10 - 30 min)
  • Use as little heat as possible for styling
  • Moisturizers Used: Pantene Detangler, Giovanni Direct Leave In Cond., Rusk Leave In Cond., Cantu Oil Spray
  • Seal with: unrefined coconut oil
Hair Jan 4th - Bangs 4 inches, Top Of Head 4 inches, Back Of Head 4 1/2 inches

Last edited:
I was just searching for an 08 sl challenge a couple of days ago. I would really like to join. I currently haven't started an official regimine. My last touch up was Oct 24, my next will be Dec 28. After that I'm going to try to stretch until April. We'll see how that goes:perplexed

Last edited:
My reggie -

Cowash on Monday nights, wrap under the dryer and caruso in the morning if necessary.
Shampoo & DC on Friday nights, wrap under the dryer and flat iron the morning.

Moisturize as needed. Moisturize nape nightly though.
Drink half gallon of water each day.
Protein shake each day.
Keep hair clipped up during winter months.
Stretch relaxers 10-12 weeks.
Exercise 3-4 times a week.

That's about it... its really only my normal stuff that I always do. Just going to do mostly protective styles til Feb or March 08 since my coats are wool and tweed. :yep:

Count me in! I didn't make it last year because of a few set backs but I think that I can make it by December 2008. I will not claim shoulder length until all of my hair comes down to at least my shoulders. The name of the game for me is relaxer stretching. :yep:

My starting pics. I will probably be doing some trimming soon but should not be too major.

Basically, i want the back layers to all be shoulder length and my hair to be full and healthy. the full and healthy part is more important to me.

My texture has been feeling funny, kind a of wispy and crispy- hope its not permanately heat damaged. Hopefully we can fix that without having to cut it all off. . .

this is my first time trying to upload pics so i hope it works

Attachments

• rollers.jpg
    rollers.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 22
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 27
Back