I'M TIRED OF TRYING!

HELLO ALL!
WELL I JUST WANTED TO VENT. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 4 YEARS AND WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ABOUT 13 YEARS ON AND OFF. WE HAVE TWO GIRLS AGE 15 AND 11. MY ISSUES ARE HE DON'T SPEND ANY FAMILY TIME WITH US. HE'S SELF CENTERED AND DISRESPECTFUL. MY HUSBAND HAD SOME ISSUES OVER THE YEARS IN WHICH I HAVE STOOD BY HIM. NOW THE OTHER PROBLEM IS GAMBLING AND STAYING OUT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT AND MORNING. WHEN I CONFRONT HIM HE DON'T THINK IT A PROBLEM I HAVE ASKED THAT HE LEAVE. I THINK AS A FAMILY WE SHOULD DO THINGS TOGETHER, TRIPS MOVIES AND ECT... HE THINKS HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS AND GAMBLING IS THE WAY. I'M TIRED AND WHEN THE FIRST OF THE YEAR COMES I'M OUT!!! I JUST LOSS MY FATHER IN WHICH I WAS VERY CLOSE TO I CANNOT TAKE IT ANY MORE. HE NEVERED HAD ANY STRUCTURE IN HIS FAMILY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LIKE HIM MOTHER AND FATHER SISTER AND BROTHERS! I HAVE PRAY THAT MY FAITH GET STRONGER BECAUSE I'M NOT HAPPY AND HE'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

HELLO ALL!
WELL I JUST WANTED TO VENT. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 4 YEARS AND WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ABOUT 13 YEARS ON AND OFF. WE HAVE TWO GIRLS AGE 15 AND 11. MY ISSUES ARE HE DON'T SPEND ANY FAMILY TIME WITH US. HE'S SELF CENTERED AND DISRESPECTFUL. MY HUSBAND HAD SOME ISSUES OVER THE YEARS IN WHICH I HAVE STOOD BY HIM. NOW THE OTHER PROBLEM IS GAMBLING AND STAYING OUT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT AND MORNING. WHEN I CONFRONT HIM HE DON'T THINK IT A PROBLEM I HAVE ASKED THAT HE LEAVE. I THINK AS A FAMILY WE SHOULD DO THINGS TOGETHER, TRIPS MOVIES AND ECT... HE THINKS HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS AND GAMBLING IS THE WAY. I'M TIRED AND WHEN THE FIRST OF THE YEAR COMES I'M OUT!!! I JUST LOSS MY FATHER IN WHICH I WAS VERY CLOSE TO I CANNOT TAKE IT ANY MORE. HE NEVERED HAD ANY STRUCTURE IN HIS FAMILY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LIKE HIM MOTHER AND FATHER SISTER AND BROTHERS! I HAVE PRAY THAT MY FAITH GET STRONGER BECAUSE I'M NOT HAPPY AND HE'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

I think you are doing the right thing if you are going to leave. Good for you!!! That's what wrong with these men today! When women stand behind these good for nothing men they feel as if they can do WHATEVER they want. You are not wrong for wanting him to spend time with your family! He should be there for you and your children! Staying out all hours of the night is not acceptable! It sounds to me like he doesn't want to be married! Show him that he's missing out on you! Get back out on the dating scene and find you a better man! More power to you, girl!! :grin:

I think it is good for you to live your life without him. Girl, life is too good and wonderful to deal with a person that does not have the same family values that you do.

I think it is good for you to live your life without him. Girl, life is too good and wonderful to deal with a person that does not have the same family values that you do.

ITA. You can find someone who has the characteristics you want and need in man. I agree you're making the right decision.

You deserve so much more that he's willing to give you...I'm glad you're looking out for you and your children's best interest. Way to go, girl!:bighug:

Last edited:
I am so sorry that you are going through this, especially since you just lost your father. My prayers are with you.

I hope everything works out for you...STAY STRONG.....you are making the best decision for yourself and your children!

Back