I'm So Disappointed In My Close Friend

Don't stress yourself trying to keep the secret. Let her know that if you are asked point blank, you'll tell the truth (if that's the case). Tell her that you won't help her with these shenanigans in any way either. She needs to keep you out of it and not give you any updates about the affair.

That being said, people fail and disappoint us all of the time. That's life. It doesn't sound like a pattern with her. Maybe help her address the underlying issues? If it becomes a pattern, then distance yourself from her.

ETA: I know myself and my facial expressions. Knowledge of the affair would be alllll over my face. I'd try to avoid him, especially in public.

It really would tho :lachen:

I had a close friend of mine decide she was in love with a married man 6 years ago. I was shocked because her own marriage ended after she walked in on her then husband and best friend in bed.
When I realized she was convinced it was true love and had no intention of ending things, I told her I wouldn't be in her life anymore but I would be 'here' whenever she came to her senses. Of course their relationship didn't last and about a year later she contacted me telling me I had been right. It's one of the few times I didn't want to be right. I just wanted her to be safe and properly loved by a deserving man.

I'm always amazed that a woman who was married herself, can turn around and mess with a married man. This woman of all people know what it's like to be a wife cheated on. Most times they are divorced because of cheating. I had a friend whose marriage ended and she went on to mess with a married man and a man who lived with his girlfriend. The wife would be on FB with pics of her hubby and family and it didn't even deter her. I don't get it at all.

I'm always amazed that a woman who was married herself, can turn around and mess with a married man. This woman of all people know what it's like to be a wife cheated on. Most times they are divorced because of cheating. I had a friend whose marriage ended and she went on to mess with a married man and a man who lived with his girlfriend. The wife would be on FB with pics of her hubby and family and it didn't even deter her. I don't get it at all.
Quite simply, they aren't thinking about the other woman. It is more the feeling they get from being with this man and how she feels. The fact that he has someone else is an afterthought.

Yeah...and the man is doing such a great job at being this great guy when around the other woman. She never gets to meet the a$$hole the wife knows.

This is what I try to tell their silly asses. That facade can NEVER BE kept up. Next thing you know, and you're booed up with Satan. It was all good when he had that mask on though.
I don't feel sorry for the women, no matter how close they are to me. You don't do that.

I have a family member who was dating a wealthy married man... They dated for a while then he decided to tell his wife he was leaving her in the end the wife was going to take him for ALOT of money (which she deserved)! They began the divorce process and he became more available to my family member... in the end she convinced him to try and fix it with his wife ( who online stalked my family member). Once he was available my family member was like ummm I don't think I like him as much as I thought smdh which is why she convinced him to try and repair his marriage which he did.

I dont think I could ever do that to another woman, I just think the Karma will be so severe and its not worth it .

I have a family member who was dating a wealthy married man... They dated for a while then he decided to tell his wife he was leaving her in the end the wife was going to take him for ALOT of money (which she deserved)! They began the divorce process and he became more available to my family member... in the end she convinced him to try and fix it with his wife ( who online stalked my family member). Once he was available my family member was like ummm I don't think I like him as much as I thought smdh which is why she convinced him to try and repair his marriage which he did.

I dont think I could ever do that to another woman, I just think the Karma will be so severe and its not worth it .

She didn't want him full time and it seems the money wasn't going to be worth him cramping her space.

I see both genders complain these days honestly so I don't think this is a woman thing.

I think people are too materialistic

For both men and women having a good job and decent credit is great, but folk seem to aspire to a baller/celebrity/rich Arab lifestyle. Like everyday.

That isn't reality even for those that can afford it. Life gets grimy so if you're caught up on keeping up with the Jones' you can't work on your own resources

I'm very low key and so are the men that I've dated but einh, couldn't do a corny or nerdy guy (by my definition) either, surgeon or not money or not lol personality is everything to me.

Back