I'm just gonna do it: Who's married to a white man?

What race is your husband?

• White

Votes: 95 12.4%
  • black

Votes: 189 24.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • I'm not married yet...Nosy *****!

Votes: 456 59.7%

• Total voters
thicknlong said:
Wow, your tone is ...interesting at the least. As for the bold, she WAS disputing the facts. And I quote, "...May I ask where you're getting these facts? .." .....Read it again.

I really don't like your tone as if to MAKE me answer a question. And that you are angry because I didnt...deal with it !

No I didnt neglect to answer any of the questions. I just felt being a BLACK woman, she needed to know the FACTS about the BLACK MALE HIV RATE, rather than MY PERSONAL BUSINESS.

My personal decisions can not affect her life.

Her being aware of the high HIV rate of OUR MEN does.

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ? If you can read between the lines, you would understand my plight.

If not, then I understand yours. Hmmm.....

3 lines and you got that I was angry outta that?!:eek: Ha! If I was angry trust honey you would know it. Believe that! I don't have to subconciously do anything.

But all and all you STILL didn't answer the question.:lol: :nono: Whatever, I really don't care.

adequate said:
Well, I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or not but I can't vote. I've been married before but to a black man (for six years) and I won't be marrying the current beau until next summer. We'll be getting hitched here: http://www.naplesbeachhotel.com/resort/catering/weddings.htm

1. No, but will be.

2. Through a mutual friend. He expressed an interest in me and approached me and we exchanged contact information. We talked for a little while and then went on a date. We've been together ever since.

3. Geez. I don't know. Probably not. I'm pretty average. I don't have Beyonce's abs or J Lo's booty. I don't have Amerie's hair or Halle's cheek bones. So I stick with "I'm average" but my baby loves me. Anyway, you can look at my slideshow and you be the judge.

4. I am secure but there's nothing prestigous about my job. I'm a paralegal. Not a big shot or anything like that.

5. Well...guess you'd have to be the judge of that too.
So this is him:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/ryangolf-1.jpghttp://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/?action=view&current=ryangolf-1.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/pool.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/tealcouch.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/Cruise%202007/IMG_0275.jpg

Is this thread being facetious? I answered it sincerely but I don't want our relationship to be the butt of some joke

You guys look very cute together!

thicknlong said:
I hate to be this honest, but women who are married to white men have a greater chance of having the qualities in a man that they want.

I'm not speaking opinion, I'm speaking facts.

This lets us know, I'm not being hard on most of our black men, I'm just putting the facts and reality out there. And most dont want to face it, admit it or think about it because, it's embarrassing.
May I ask where you're getting these facts? If that's the case, why even date black men if white men are so much better?
Still didn't get an answer to my 1st question, but I guess that's what happens when folks pull "facts" out of their behinds.
LocksOfLuV said:
3 lines and you got that I was angry outta that?! Ha! If I was angry trust honey you would know it. Believe that! I don't have to subconciously do anything.

But all and all you STILL didn't answer the question. Whatever, I really don't care.

Yea you know? But I guess since white men have a lower HIV infection rate, why use condoms? They're clean and perfect right? :rolleyes:

adequate said:
I'm in Charlotte. He has lots of single friends and a really ummm beautiful brother in Wisconsin. I haven't met him in person but I've seen pictures and wooo he's a hottie. But, he has a girlfriend.

I'm gonna tell his momma she should have made more of them.:grin:

Dammit! :lol:

pinkskates said:
The title of this thread is too funny:lol: Well since you are bold enough to ask; then I'll answer. My hubby is white; but he's one of the cool ones.
This is too funny:lol: :lachen: :lol:

What does "cool" mean? Heehee! Black community acceptable?

Suit and tie white guys not need apply... not that they would :perplexed

Serenity_Peace said:
They faithfully wear their wedding rings, too! I've noticed that. Most white men wear their rings whether they're cheating or not. ;)

Now that's true. The last white married man I had an affair with (almost 10 years ago), kept his wedding ring on even during the act! :)

StrawberryQueen said:
May I ask where you're getting these facts? If that's the case, why even date black men if white men are so much better?
Still didn't get an answer to my 1st question, but I guess that's what happens when folks pull "facts" out of their behinds.

Yea you know? But I guess since white men have a lower HIV infection rate, why use condoms? They're clean and perfect right? :rolleyes:

LOL!

Whew! It's getting HOT in here!

Heehee!

thicknlong said:
The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia. The institution at the forefront of tracking and controlling diseases serving as epidemic and pandemic threats to the masses..."...The rate of AIDS diagnoses for black men was 8 times the rate for white men [2]. ".....During June 2004--April 2005, participants in five NHBS cities (Baltimore, Maryland; Los Angeles, California; Miami, Florida; New York, New York; and San Francisco, California)

This means, if our men do not stop their behavior, and say,
800,000 of our men have HIV

only 100,000 of white men have it.

That's 700,000 more men.

700,000 of our men, that any of us on this site, could meet and possibly begin a serious relationship with.

Sorry it hurts, it's a painful fact for me to. I really do hate this is happening, I really do.

But, it is fact darlin.

...as for us black females, in 2005, blacks made up 13% of the population .
only 19% of hiv inf's were white women......
64% were us, black females......

now, wonder where did our beautiful black sisters get this from? I'm just asking shrugs

You always back up what you say! Go'on, TL! :)

As for the bolded, those who are black to the eye! :)

thicknlong said:
Wow, your tone is ...interesting at the least. As for the bold, she WAS disputing the facts. And I quote, "...May I ask where you're getting these facts? .." .....Read it again.

I really don't like your tone as if to MAKE me answer a question. And that you are angry because I didnt...deal with it !

No I didnt neglect to answer any of the questions. I just felt being a BLACK woman, she needed to know the FACTS about the BLACK MALE HIV RATE, rather than MY PERSONAL BUSINESS.

My personal decisions can not affect her life.

Her being aware of the high HIV rate of OUR MEN does.

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ? If you can read between the lines, you would understand my plight.

If not, then I understand yours. Hmmm.....

Give her your income tax refund check and your bi-weekly pay... she'll back off :lol:

Blossssom said:
Now that's true. The last white married man I had an affair with (almost 10 years ago), kept his wedding ring on even during the act! :)

lol :lol: ................ so did you wear a condom :lol: just kidding :lol:

This was a interesting thread. I enjoyed reading some of the comments.
Recently, a white college classmate of mine asked me to go to dinner with him. I was surprised because I am not the black supermodel looking body type (tall thin), but more of the Beyonce, Melissa Ford body type.
I jokingly thought to myself.."I don't think he's ready for this jelly"
I foolishly thought this body type was only appealing to black men, but I am learning that my assumptions are far from true.

The even more surprising thing was the reactions my black male classmates had when they heard him ask me to dinner. They seemed very irritated by it. Like how dear he ask, and even more so how dear I even act accepting.
I just didn't understand their behavior. Black men have been doing this for years, but somehow black men feel we should remain loyal to them.
Can you believe this!

pinkskates said:
1. My husband is family-oriented to the 100th power. We do everything as a family. And when we are not together, he is constantly checkin in via cell phone, txt msg.,etc... when I take our son ito the rink for his ice skating training, I have to send cell phone pics, and give him a quick call if he lands a jump more than 3 times in a row. And the same goes for when we are at Karate lessons; I could go on and on...
2. He is most respectful of all women; His parents were married for 52 years (dad recently died) and he was taught that you give all of your being to your wife and children. And that's what kind of man I'm married to.
Our quality of life is so blessed! I was raised to believe that I was a little pincess and that once I was ready to settle down, that I was not to settle for anything less then my prince.
Now, I must be honest and admit that this is not my first marriage. My first husband was black. He is a successful attorney, and an ex-electrical engineer; and as fine-looking as they come. And he too was a family oriented man, and very respectful of me and all women. As a matter of fact him and my present husband come from similar
backgrounds. Unfortunately, I was very, very young when I married him; and most immature
. I had no business being married, so our marriage quickly fell apart. I think finding a guy with similar goals, morals and principals as yourself is the key to happiness and a quality life.

Thanks you for sharing this, especially the bolded parts. I think a good man is a good man. Some good men are white, some are black, and some are purple:lol: I just went to a wedding of a young, black couple. They met in college, and she just married a good man. Now, he could have been white and he still would have been good. I am open to good men. Period. But I know that just b/c a man is white, doesn't mean he is good. And just b/c a man is black, doesn't mean he is bad. At least that's my opinion.

atlien said:
This was a interesting thread. I enjoyed reading some of the comments.
Recently, a white college classmate of mine asked me to go to dinner with him. I was surprised because I am not the black supermodel looking body type (tall thin), but more of the Beyonce, Melissa Ford body type.
I jokingly thought to myself.."I don't think he's ready for this jelly"
I foolishly thought this body type was only appealing to black men, but I am learning that my assumptions are far from true.

The even more surprising thing was the reactions my black male classmates had when they heard him ask me to dinner. They seemed very irritated by it. Like how dear he ask, and even more so how dear I even act accepting.
I just didn't understand their behavior. Black men have been doing this for years, but somehow black men feel we should remain loyal to them.
Can you believe this!

I agree with you. This has happened to me too. Some black guys get mad when a white guy is interested. As much as they won't say it, they really do have some love for us. Warped or not, I think it's there.

thicknlong said:
The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia. The institution at the forefront of tracking and controlling diseases serving as epidemic and pandemic threats to the masses..."...The rate of AIDS diagnoses for black men was 8 times the rate for white men [2]. ".....During June 2004--April 2005, participants in five NHBS cities (Baltimore, Maryland; Los Angeles, California; Miami, Florida; New York, New York; and San Francisco, California)

This means, if our men do not stop their behavior, and say,
800,000 of our men have HIV

only 100,000 of white men have it.

That's 700,000 more men.

700,000 of our men, that any of us on this site, could meet and possibly begin a serious relationship with.

Sorry it hurts, it's a painful fact for me to. I really do hate this is happening, I really do.

But, it is fact darlin.

...as for us black females, in 2005, blacks made up 13% of the population .

only 19% of hiv inf's were white women......
64% were us, black females......

now, wonder where did our beautiful black sisters get this from? I'm just asking shrugs

It's facts but facts changes before you know it. I believe you should love your body no matter what race you are dating.

Because not to long ago it was a fact that white men pass HIV it to each other. :cool:

Last edited:
Um what is with some women's facination with dating/marrying a white man. Why can't the end goal but just to find a nice guy in general regardless of race?

MuseofTroy said:
Um what is with some women's facination with dating/marrying a white man. Why can't the end goal but just to find a nice guy in general regardless of race?

Because it's a fact white men are better if you go by what's in this thread. :lol: :lol:

shynessqueen said:
Because it's a fact white men are better if you go by what's in this thread. :lol: :lol:

That's ridiculous. My whole theory is that if a woman attracts a bunch of deadbeat black men then perhaps she needs to see what is up with herself since she is the common denominator.

MuseofTroy said:
That's ridiculous. My whole theory is that if a woman attracts a bunch of deadbeat black men then perhaps she needs to see what is up with herself since she is the common denominator.

ITA but if you don't have facts to back up what you are saying then it's not true.:lachen: :lachen:

shynessqueen said:

And let's not forget that white men are free from aids, aren't gay, and don't abuse or cheat on their wives.;)

LocksOfLuV said:
And let's not forget that white men are free from aids, aren't gay, and don't abuse or cheat on their wives.;)

We need to put black men on a island somewhere and keep them away from us. :cool:

StrawberryQueen said:

smh...I knew someone was going to take this and run. And run some of you have. lol

No one thinks white men are perfect. That was some of you guys ASSumption.

No one thinks all black men are bad. I know of some VERY good ones. BUT they are VERY, VERY few.

So again, I thinks it's logical that one should expand their dating pool. That's all. And, that's my right without being ganged against. lol.

The problem is, many black women do not like facing the truth about their men. And the ironic thing is, most on here are single or experiencing problems with their hubby or mate.

The basis of my posts about MANY of our black men behavior, I have backed up by STATISTICAL data. There is nothing wrong with a black female being extra careful, because the facts show that the black male has a greater rate of carrying a DEADLY disease. AND in addition, this disease is transmitted mostly via sexual contact. AND many of our children are being raised without their fathers. AND many of our childrens fathers do not support them financially. AND most , i've been quote 70% of black females are not married. AND many of our black households are headed by single females.

NBC conducted a separate program concerning some of these trends in the AFRICAN AMERICAN community. Not america. Not the South. But the black community. Our community. They mentioned, the HIV rates are highest with us. And highest with our men. Why? One reason NBC cited was, a stronger level of infidelity. More of our men in prison, etc, so theirs a lesser number of them available , etc etc etc.

To support those statements and CDC statistics, I see these things every-single-day. Meaning, I witness PROOF of this as PATTERNS....PATTERNS within our society. Well, even worse, I see MORE of that than I see the opposite.

All that points to the basis of my posts.

So, if this is happening in our community, and I NEVER SAID WHITE MEN WERE PERFECT, i aint stupid. But, wouldnt logic tell a common sense person to maybe, TRY SOMETHING ELSE. I am willing to date the other race. Oh, boy, do they have their problems. White men are known to date other ppl in your family, incest, molest their own kids, etc. So they ALLLL have issues, common sense tells us that, BUT who has the LESSER risk in the context of what you are seeking?

MYSELF and FRIENDS are noticing, white guys are quicker to marry.

MYSELF and FRIENDS are noticing, white guys take care their families more (takes financial care of them, takes more time with them, etc)

MYSELF and FRIENDS are noticing, white guys are quicker to WORK and KEEP a job. lol and this means alot to me, lol

MYSELF and FRIENDS are noticing, as a PATTERN, NOT ALL (before someone throws that out there) if white guys dont want you, they can AFFORD to leave, so they will. Rather than giving you HIV and other diseases, plus a terrible rep in the community where eeeveryone is talking about you.

And no, I am not attracting a bunch of negative black guys. I really do the opposite. I do not date that much, because I sit back and observe. And, what I've mentioned about our men, I've seen . So much. With friends, fam, ladies that i know from school and the likes.

I've broken that down as much as possible to those who want to make an issue out of the situation.

Either you see it , or you dont.

Class is over.

Last edited:
StrawberryQueen said:

DH and I still use condoms since I can't deal with hormonal BC:lol:

Men are men ,dogs are dogs.
It's simple as that.:)

MuseofTroy said:
My whole theory is that if a woman attracts a bunch of deadbeat black men then perhaps she needs to see what is up with herself since she is the common denominator

And that is true for women AND men of all races:yep: .
If ALL your relationships were with abusive *******s that didn't respect you you need to take a closer look at yourself.
I see it in my family and in my circle of friends,some women are only attracted to a certain type of men.
Heck I was there myself till I told myself I'm better then that.

Sure it's hard to pass up some good loving ,cuz god dang why did god bless the most rotten of men with ginormous wieners and superior sexual skills?:look:
But at the end all night-long sweating is not worth the trouble you go through with those men.

thicknlong said:
So again, I thinks it's logical that one should expand their dating pool. That's all. And, that's my right without being ganged against. lol.

... wouldnt logic tell a common sense person to maybe, TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

At first, I thought this was a serious thread:eek: - my mistake.

I am married to the world's most wonderful, most considerate, most loving, strongest, handsomest, sexiest man ever. I also have the world's best dog too.:0

The fact that my honey is white is completely irrelevant to the fact that he is a wonderful man (my dog is black/red/tan shiba). That said, before Dh, I rarely dated black men because doing so involved too much drama - not my scene.

In regards to the bolded part, I've read so many women talk about being single and having dating issues... maybe expanding the pool of acceptable eligible men from which to choose would be a good idea; at the very least, it would open possibilities for a future relationship. Less focus on skincolor and more on character and what one really must have in a relationship (no settling ladies) would certainly not hurt the potential to have a long-term relationship.

Even dating and marrying, the focus was not the color of his skin, my focus was who he was as a man, if we shared important values, our intellectual connection (and the sexual one too). My point here is who he is as a man is significantly more important than the fact his nose turns pink and freckles.

This thread is crazy. I thought it was cute at first but this is a mess.

From the poll most ladies are married to black men. What is all this foolishness about black men with AIDS, abusive, silliness?

Men are men. Crazy is Crazy. I don't mix crazy with my men. :perplexed

I would hope those interested in marriage would look for a man to treat them lovingly and want him to be a man of his word with great character and...........you fill in the rest. If people are hung up on the color then they are missing the point.

Marriage is hard enough as it is. Searching for a color or money or whatever, only makes it harder.

Back