I'm Bra-Strap Length, BABY!!!!!

MizaniMami

I am officially bra-strap length 3 mos to the day early!! I originally set my BSL date for Dec 27, 2006, but I made it early!! I didn't take any Bra-strap pics in my bra yet but here are some pics. I know I am breaking the Hide Your hair Challenge, But after this I am def. going to hide until December. I just couldn't hide this from my LHCF sisters. It was because of you guys why I actually made it.

When I stepped out of the shower my sis screeched "OMG, you did it, you have long hair." And then today she told me " I can't believe black women can grow hair." I am so thankful she said that because I am so grateful for GOD for helping me find this site. This just inspired me to wash on Sunday and get RIGHT back into the airdry/no heat thing for another 3 mos-straight!

Basicly all I did was no heat (but once every 2 mos), relaxed every 12 weeks, baggied every night except wash night, airdried, protein treats every 2-3 weeks, and moisturized twice daily. I also take mass vitamins (b150, biotin, a multivitamin, MSM, and horsetail)!

I am so happy!!!!

I included this pic, because for the longest time I was too embarassed to post it. My ends literally looked like they have been chewed on. That's from my blowdrying obsession that I have. My first few threads that I posted here, Sistaslick told me that it would be best to quit blowdrying. I was very hesitant but then I did.

I officially stopped blowdrying April 1st 2006. I took this pic in Nov 2005. But I didn't really get serious until April 2006. I wish I wouldn't have wasted those 6 mos, because basicly I got NO WHERE. I still got a looong way to go.But I can't take time back.Only 5 more inches!!!! Okay, I am finished rambling here are the pics. Happy viewing and I hope this inspires someone.

Where I started-NOVEMBER 2005
Sept28MizanitextureofSE-1.jpg

Where I am NOW-September 28, 2006- I'M BSL BABY!!!

Random Photos-
Sept28Mizani2.jpg

Sept28Mizani1.jpg
(excuse the roller clamp print)

Last edited:
Girl yo hair ain't all dat:p j/k

Congratulations Girl. Your hair lookin good. I want details. What have you been doing. I love the shine.

That's what I'm talkin bout!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl you are doing the dang thing!!! CONGRATS! Beautiful....just beautiful!!

:bouncy: :dance7: :woot: :thumbsup: :Flahsssss :bdance:
I put all the smilies I could find to express my happiness
FELICITAIONS, CONGRATULATION MIZANIMAMI !

Beautiful Baby!!!

I am so happy for you. When I saw your post, I got chills b/c I know how hard it was for you to leave that heat alone. Anyway, congrats I'm going back to look at these pics again!

Way to Go!

You go girl!! I know you have been wanting to get there for some time now. Congrats on your progress :clap:

Oh gosh Thank you ladies!! Basicly I am an Aveda and Keracare girl. So I have been using Aveda and Keracare a lot. I cowash once a week, shampoo and dc once a week, baggy every night except for wash night, protective style (one big twist pinned up, or a low pony), airdry and take my vitamins.

loonatick said:
congratulations! it looks so pretty!
might as well shoot for WL now....

I agree!!! At that rate you'll be WL next year!!!

I'm an Aveda/Keracare girl too! I can only hope to get growth like yours, though!!;)

Congrats again! :) :) :)

WoW!! Such a difference between last year and this year. Your hair has grown so beautifully. Very Nice!!

Goodness!!!!! Girl your hair is beautiful!!!! Congrats on making your goal early! Midback here you come :grin:

VERY nice. I'm sure you'll be an inspiration to many ladies on the board who wonder if they can get to BSL from where you were. Keep up the good work.

MizaniMami said:
I am officially bra-strap length 3 mos to the day early!! I originally set my BSL date for Dec 27, 2006, but I made it early!! I didn't take any Bra-strap pics in my bra yet but here are some pics. I know I am breaking the Hide Your hair Challenge, But after this I am def. going to hide until December. I just couldn't hide this from my LHCF sisters. It was because of you guys why I actually made it.

When I stepped out of the shower my sis screeched "OMG, you did it, you have long hair." And then today she told me " I can't believe black women can grow hair." I am so thankful she said that because I am so grateful for GOD for helping me find this site. This just inspired me to wash on Sunday and get RIGHT back into the airdry/no heat thing for another 3 mos-straight!

Basicly all I did was no heat (but once every 2 mos), relaxed every 12 weeks, baggied every night except wash night, airdried, protein treats every 2-3 weeks, and moisturized twice daily. I also take mass vitamins (b150, biotin, a multivitamin, MSM, and horsetail)!

I am so happy!!!!

I included this pic, because for the longest time I was too embarassed to post it. My ends literally looked like they have been chewed on. That's from my blowdrying obsession that I have. My first few threads that I posted here, Sistaslick told me that it would be best to quit blowdrying. I was very hesitant but then I did.

I officially stopped blowdrying April 1st 2006. I took this pic in Nov 2005. But I didn't really get serious until April 2006. I wish I wouldn't have wasted those 6 mos, because basicly I got NO WHERE. I still got a looong way to go.But I can't take time back.Only 5 more inches!!!! Okay, I am finished rambling here are the pics. Happy viewing and I hope this inspires someone.

Where I started-NOVEMBER 2005
Sept28MizanitextureofSE-1.jpg

Where I am NOW-September 28, 2006- I'M BSL BABY!!!

Random Photos-
Sept28Mizani2.jpg

Sept28Mizani1.jpg
(excuse the roller clamp print)
which vitamins are you taking?

Your hair looks absolutely beautiful
Congratulations you’re defiantly an inspiration with the progress J

Back