If you had to get Married All over Again, Would you do it for Love or the Money?

Country gal

Had a long convo with a friend. We were discussing Heff and Kimora/Russell. He believes I am better off marrying for money/convienance than love. I was telling him how Heff has Holly who wants to get married and have kids. He was like she is set for life because she is making money off the relationship. I am thinking this woman talks everyday about having a baby and getting married. It doesn't seem he is going there with her. It seems she is the one losing out spending years with this guy.

Had a long convo with a friend. We were discussing Heff and Kimora/Russell. He believes I am better off marrying for money/convienance than love. I was telling him how Heff has Holly who wants to get married and have kids. He was like she is set for life because she is making money off the relationship. I am thinking this woman talks everyday about having a baby and getting married. It doesn't seem he is going there with her. It seems she is the one losing out spending years with this guy.

I married for love and I have no regrets. I'd definitely do it again. I wouldn't trade my loving husband for a rich one.

Why not both.

So often we as women limit our vision of what we can have by our thoughts.

I am visualizing a rich man I am deeply in love with and loves me.

Why not both.

So often we as women limit our vision of what we can have by our thoughts.

If your man comes with both love and mucho money, then great. But marrying someone solely for money wouldn't work for me. Money can come and go, so baseing a marriage on that wouldn't be wise. So if I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt change a thing - I'd marry for love.

If your man comes with both love and mucho money, then great. But marrying someone solely for money wouldn't work for me. Money can come and go, so baseing a marriage on that wouldn't be wise. So if I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt change a thing - I'd marry for love.

I agree,...But I still answer the question by saying not either or but I marry for Both. (love and money)

Money can come and go...but love can also.

Both b/c I won't even consider a man who isn't in or headed toward a tax bracket that I'm comfortable with. I'm not asking for him to be Bill Gates but financial stability is a must.

Both b/c I won't even consider a man who isn't in or headed toward a tax bracket that I'm comfortable with. I'm not asking for him to be Bill Gates but financial stability is a must.

I walked away from a relationship because of stability issues.

I realize now that the idealized vision I had of marriage 10 years ago, isn't reality.

I will love the man I marry but if he can't offer me financial stability and a comfortable life, then I wouldn't even bother getting serious with him.

I'm 31 years old, single ,and supporting myself just fine. If he can't offer me anything to improve my situation then he can just keep moving. I would rather stay single and only have to be concerned with myself than have some dead weight that can't help me.

I guess I'm the only one that would marry for money.:look:

No, you're not. Many, many women would and do marry for money. Especially a second marriage. Guess they figured out that "love is all you need" wasn't exactly true the first time around.

Jackie Kennedy used to say, "The first time you marry for love. The second time you marry for money. The third time you marry for companionship."

I'd do it for both. But I'm not ashamed to admit I'd pull an Anna Nicole Smith if the opportunity ever presented itself. A 90-year old, billionaire who wanted to marry me with no pre-nupt? yeah I'd do it.

That love ish didn't work out the first time so I'll try something different the next time...But not solely for money. I gotta be attracted to him.

Really dlewis, My last associate married for financial reasons that man is putting her through hell. Give me a man that loves me more than himself and we can make it.

He would have to love me but maybe I wouldn't love him. Love is not always what it's suppose to be. I tell my young cousins, friends to marry somebody with something.

:lachen:
He would have to love me but maybe I wouldn't love him. Love is not always what it's suppose to be. I tell my young cousins, friends to marry somebody with something.

Okay, I understand hat and magic stick will not pay bills:lachen:

I guess I'm the only one that would marry for money.:look:

You know my answer:rolleyes::look:

I married for love because that's all I knew at 23 but now? Nah.....it would be financial stablity, honesty, respect, their views on family and then love, ALL in that order:yep:

Had I to do it again (with current knowledge); I would not do it. I think I like my freedom too much (er um, wasn't independence that got Eve in trouble in the first place?) Touche!

Yep. I'll tell my daughter that, too. Actually, I want her to BE somebody, and have something herself, and THEN marry somebody who IS somebody and who has something. Sometimes, I think arranged marriages might not be a bad idea (don't throw rocks!). :sekret:

No rock throwing here. I'm all for arranged marriages!:yep:

cat-dollars.jpg

Back