If Someone Else Pulls My Hair

Traycee

On Christmas Day we went to my In-Laws and to friends of family house..2 different functions..And at both...

I went through friends and family yanking my hair to see if it was real...Because they know last christmas it wasnt even half this long..
I hate for people to touch my hair ..Let alone yank it....All I could think about was how many strands did I lose..:nono:

I just smiled and played it off at first but by the yank # 4 ...I wasnt polite any more...I was down right rude...First of all ...Why yank someones hair ?...Why not just ask ?...

I thought it was rude and not funny ....And it made me uncomfortable because everyone was lookin all up in my head...This was the first time I had experienced this...Has this happened to any of you....

damn....4 times!!! That's not cool .. I've never had that happen to me because my hair has never been that long in my adult life

People need to keep their hands to themselves regardless of the intent. Why not comment and ask for tips instead. You a good one Tracyee.

Wow, how rude :nono:. It's the downside of all this. Once we get the length- be prepared for the weird looks, stares, whispers, an uninvited yanks, tugs, and pulls :lol:. Your hair is beautiful though- I can understand that it would have caused a stir (I mean, the growth you said you got in the past year alone is sure to have made people go :spinning:). I just wish folks would be a little more tactful about stuff.

My good friend pulled my hair about a month ago when I had it in a banana clip. And she almost got slapped automatically b/c I wasn't expecting it at all. We were all in our friend's kitchen hallway talking about IDK what . . .but it WASN'T hair. . .all of a sudden YANK! :swearing: WTF is wrong with you?!?! I was about to be all up in her personal space. I can't imagine more than one person in a few given hours doing that to me. I'd flip. . .

At a family reunion a family friend pulled my hair while running her fingers on my scalp all at the same time. She was so slick with it too....normally I don't let people get that close to me but homegirl fast. I felt so violated after that, lol.

I've had people yank my ponytail a lot. They yank it hard too....hard enough so my head jerks back. Now that makes me mad.

That is sooooooooooooo rude and infuriating. It happened to me when I was relaxed and my hair was only shoulder length! I hardly wore my hair out so when I did people were suprised even though it was only shoulder length and I have had people run their fingers through my hair feeling for tracks. It feels like a violation. I hate when that happens.

When I first met my husbands family his sister in law actually stuck her hands up in my head like she was greasin my scalp! Then when I went to Nigeria the flight attendant did the same thing when I was boarding the flight and proceeded to tell the rest of the attendants! Oh and on my wedding day my cousin whispered in my ear is that yo hair....cuz we was wonderin.....during the ceremony! I was so embarrassed and my hair is only like bra strap. I can only imagine what they would have done if it was as long as yours!:lachen:

My grandmother pulled my hair on Christmas...I mean, what's a girl to do? It's Granny! lol It actually caught me off guard too. I was bending down to pick something up for her and she pulled my hair saying, "Girl, is this your hair now??" (I had been wearing weaves this year.) My hair isn't anyone close to Traycee's hair, so WHEN I get there, I can only imagine....I may need to walk around with a sign on my back saying "Do not Touch". lol

Pulling hair is NOT cool!

On Christmas Day we went to my In-Laws and to friends of family house..2 different functions..And at both...

I went through friends and family yanking my hair to see if it was real...Because they know last christmas it wasnt even half this long..
I hate for people to touch my hair ..Let alone yank it....All I could think about was how many strands did I lose..:nono:

I just smiled and played it off at first but by the yank # 4 ...I wasnt polite any more...I was down right rude...First of all ...Why yank someones hair ?...Why not just ask ?...

I thought it was rude and not funny ....And it made me uncomfortable because everyone was lookin all up in my head...This was the first time I had experienced this...Has this happened to any of you....

I wish I had that problem lol...I'm always looking for a fight:lachen:. Sorry some people sometimes got no manners:blush:

I was at a PROFESSIONAL social gathering and had someone give me a hug. At the same time, she put her entire hand thru my hair....fingertips resting upon my scalp.

I pulled my head back and gave her the look. I hate that crap. Since I normally wear my hair in flexi's, buns, or straw sets, I imagine it's kinda hard to gauge my actual length.

Tracee, after the second pull, I would have flipped. :lol:

I was at a PROFESSIONAL social gathering and had someone give me a hug. At the same time, she put her entire hand thru my hair....fingertips resting upon my scalp.

I pulled my head back and gave her the look. I hate that crap. Since I normally wear my hair in flexi's, buns, or straw sets, I imagine it's kinda hard to gauge my actual length.

Tracee, after the second pull, I would have flipped. :lol:

Yuck, is there such a thing as hair rape?:nono:

Yep! Every year the same nephew would sneak up behind me, put his fingers on my scalp to feel around and then say "just checkin fer tracks.....just checkin fer tracks". Then the slight tug. He is so stoopit!

wow, that is ridiculous. i haven't been yanked at yet, but i've only been on this journey right at three months, and my hair is already looking mighty good. i'm visiting my hometown for the holiday vacation and my mother decides to pull my hair out of its ponytail holder while i was sitting in front of her! "MA!" she was like, "i just wanted to see it. the holder was already coming off anyway..." i was trying not to be mad, but i was.

i had it oiled up and ends sealed, so i didn't feel like redoing it and getting my hands all oily. then last night, my sister was doing her hair in the mirror, had just permed it and was bonding some pieces in. she's always had pretty healthy hair, but she doesn't like it long. i shared the mirror with her to re-wet a ponytail with conditioner and oil for bed and i pulled a ponytail at the top of my head. it was long. "is all that yours?"

thank god for LHCF.

I really dont know what I would do if somebody did that to me. I dont want it to be touched, much less pulled on. Knowing me I would curse at them, and embarras them. Why do people not respect space? I would never ever ever in my life touch somebody's hair, unless it was my daughter. And then I would warn her before I snatched her bald!!

No one ever pulls my hair. They will ask if it is all mine, if I'm wearing extensions or if I have on a piece but no one has ever dared to yank. They probably know that with me it wouldn't go down very well:lachen:

Yep, i've experienced this my whole life...all the time, from guys, women, family members, i don't mind people wanting to touch, but the yanking is very very rude - and the accompanying neck snap, how could i forget about that...my hubbie did it when we dated, he thought i didn't know what he was doing, i called him out on it, too.... i've never done it to anyone, as a matter of fact, i hardly ever touch anyone's hair...

This is horrible behavior! :nono: So their intentions was to pull either pull OUT your "fake" or "real hair"......how tacky!

If someone was curious, they could asked you discreetly.

Tracey, aren't these people used to seeing you with long hair? I'll get looks from strangers, but everybody in my family knows I'm trying to grow out my hair. Might also be because nobody in my immediate family wears weaves or wigs.

If anything they should just ask for your regimen. I'd be writing everything you say down on paper.

Last edited:
I wish I had that problem lol...I'm always looking for a fight:lachen:. Sorry some people sometimes got no manners:blush:

LOL! I'll be back there soon - reaching my hair goals in '09. I wish a mutha would :ohwell: The thing is, ppl are always so slick about it. I had it happen to me in '05, except the **** had her 1.5 y/o son grab my hair while she was holding him :nono: I'm not down with taking any mess any more, so the next person who wants to "check for tracks" will be getting their hair pulled out or slapped across the face cuz I'm not playing. I'm ready to fight :catfight:

It's almost feels like somebody grabs your breasts or booty to see it they are real *shrugs*

Sorry you endured this OP.

Nope never had this problem. I just had folks stare at my naps and than timidly ask if they can touch it and than go WOW! It is so SOFT. Than they ask if they can play in it as if they just found a new hobby. Depending how my hair is styled and if I know the person I say yes because it feels SOOO GOOD.

Actually I'm lying. I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM! My stank cousins. Just molesting my hair and making negative nappy comments. They are like 15 years older than me too. We go toe to toe. Keep your hands out of my hair you gorrilla looking bum.

I'd love to have this problem, lol! I must be odd though, as I like it when people pay attention to my hair. If I had it that long I'd actually take the opportunity to show/tell the pullers that it is all mine, just to show them, lol! Then I'd ask them to not touch it please, now they know.....

okay close friends and family and even my co-workers can TOUCH my hair without permission... its cool.. i co-wash and wash pretty often. But strangers cannot TOUCH my hair without asking first... i don't give a damn if your famous... ya cant touch it.

Now for YANKING.... that will get you SLAPPED!!!! DO NOT YANK MY HAIR...if you value all 5 of your fingers... you will not yank my hair!!!!!!

thats it .

i've had people ask if it was all mine before. my grandma did pull it lol. but thats granny and she said right after thats all yours. lol.

You have beautiful hair and I can't believe people think that they can just yank on it. That is not ok.

I was in a crowded club once and some random guy asked me if my hair was real. Before I could answer, he ran his fingers through it. My hair is only shoulder length! I was surprised, but I blamed it on the liquor.

Back