If a man talks to you, he likes you

OK, riddle me this: why did guy coming out of building look over at me; did a double take and went back in and hold door open for me? Then proceed to stand around me, smile at me and then say hello. I said hello back. We look into each other eyes and both smiled at each other.

We were not alone, there was another woman there, the office manager; I was talking to her. The office manager asked what I needed. I said I was there to pay rent. He smiled. :look: Another guy came in and chatted with me briefly, said more to me than he did. :lol: He even slightly brushed up against me from behind when he walked pass me to talk to the office manager. She said to him she didn't understand what he wanted. That was an awkward moment. He stood near me and walked around me before he went to the back. It was a really weird feeling. I finally finish my business and leave to go back to my car. Then he comes out and goes to his truck.

That's it. I am attracted to this guy. Strongly. I feel he is attracted to me too. Clearly if I am mentioning it here I have thought about it. Too much in fact. I am beginning to take measures to actively date so that I can relax and get used to being worshiped without thinking on it too much. :lol:

Although I enjoy seeing him he has not made a move toward me.

This is what I mean. Why do all this crap? Then nothing? I could really drive myself crazy over this. Maybe he just likes to look at me and sniff my scent. Because that's what he was doing when he showed me my apartment. Sniffing my hair and looking into my eyes. LOL This is the over thinking and processing going on in my head, which I was talking about. It's nerve racking. I had it all planned, the next time I see him I will ask about other rental property. But when I saw him, all that went out the window. I was too stunned to even remember my master plan. A perfect opportunity went out the window. :ohwell:

Whatever is on his mind, in order to keep my sanity I have decided to not make a big deal about it. :drunk: That feels better.

P.S. This guy is my landlord. He owns the property I am renting. :look: If that means anything.

OK, riddle me this: why did guy coming out of building look over at me; did a double take and went back in and hold door open for me? Then proceed to stand around me, smile at me and then say hello. I said hello back. We look into each other eyes and both smiled at each other.

We were not alone, there was another woman there, the office manager; I was talking to her. The office manager asked what I needed. I said I was there to pay rent. He smiled. :look: Another guy came in and chatted with me briefly, said more to me than he did. :lol: He even slightly brushed up against me from behind when he walked pass me to talk to the office manager. She said to him she didn't understand what he wanted. That was an awkward moment. He stood near me and walked around me before he went to the back. It was a really weird feeling. I finally finish my business and leave to go back to my car. Then he comes out and goes to his truck.

That's it. I am attracted to this guy. Strongly. I feel he is attracted to me too. Clearly if I am mentioning it here I have thought about it. Too much in fact. I am beginning to take measures to actively date so that I can relax and get used to being worshiped without thinking on it too much. :lol:

Although I enjoy seeing him he has not made a move toward me.

This is what I mean. Why do all this crap? Then nothing? I could really drive myself crazy over this. Maybe he just likes to look at me and sniff my scent. Because that's what he was doing when he showed me my apartment. Sniffing my hair and looking into my eyes. LOL This is the over thinking and processing going on in my head, which I was talking about. It's nerve racking. I had it all planned, the next time I see him I will ask about other rental property. But when I saw him, all that went out the window. I was too stunned to even remember my master plan. A perfect opportunity went out the window. :ohwell:

Whatever is on his mind, in order to keep my sanity I have decided to not make a big deal about it. :drunk: That feels better.

P.S. This guy is my landlord. He owns the property I am renting. :look: If that means anything.

He s your landlord ..Hmm That's probably why he s hesitant to make a move . Is he married ? How old is he ?
Did he ask you personal questions ?

Yeah, I know lots of men with this view, my husband included. I've had my feelings hurt by several guys growing up. In my mind we were friends, but eventually they would make a surprising gesture and state their interest in being more than friends. When I'd politely tell them that I wasn't interested in being any more than what we were, they'd disappear. No more calls, no more communication at all. One guy had all his stuff at my house and he wouldn't even take it from me. To me it was odd to feel close enough to call someone a friend but then have them shut off without giving a second thought.

I knew a guy once and he simply told me that guys are not interested in having women as friends. When I worked, I somehow always ended up with a "work husband" but in the end it's always the same thing. IMO, no matter how great the conversation, chemistry or connection guys only want one thing.

Now, I keep my guard up around all men.

He s your landlord ..Hmm That's probably why he s hesitant to make a move . Is he married ? How old is he ?
Did he ask you personal questions ?

I sensed that the landlord/tenant relationship could be a problem in that area. Not sure if he's married. He doesn't wear a ring on his finger. He's either 40's or 50's. He looks like he could be in his 40's. Did a name search online and it said mid 50's, another search said 45. But I don't really trust the internet to get names and ages right since they screwed mine up by listing me a year older than I am.

He does not ask me personal questions. We are never in a situation to get personal. It's strictly business and the only chance I get to see him is on Fridays once a month or every 2 months. He never really speaks which is why I found it interesting that he made an effort to say hello the last meeting. He beat me to it, I was going to force myself to speak to him.

I remember when he showed me the apartment he asked how many people will live in the apartment and I told him it was just me and he gave me a big grin. Then proceeded to walk closer to me as we walked back to the cars. We stopped to talk again and he was getting closer and sniffing me. :look:

Would it be weird for him to just call my number? It's on file. :lol:

I sensed that the landlord/tenant relationship could be a problem in that area. Not sure if he's married. He doesn't wear a ring on his finger. He's either 40's or 50's. He looks like he could be in his 40's. Did a name search online and it said mid 50's, another search said 45. But I don't really trust the internet to get names and ages right since they screwed mine up by listing me a year older than I am.

He does not ask me personal questions. We are never in a situation to get personal. It's strictly business and the only chance I get to see him is on Fridays once a month or every 2 months. He never really speaks which is why I found it interesting that he made an effort to say hello the last meeting. He beat me to it, I was going to force myself to speak to him.

I remember when he showed me the apartment he asked how many people will live in the apartment and I told him it was just me and he gave me a big grin. Then proceeded to walk closer to me as we walked back to the cars. We stopped to talk again and he was getting closer and sniffing me. :look:

Um, sniffing you how?

Brushing up against you from behind?

I hope he doesn't have hidden cameras set up at your joint. :look:

Yeah, I know lots of men with this view, my husband included. I've had my feelings hurt by several guys growing up. In my mind we were friends, but eventually they would make a surprising gesture and state their interest in being more than friends. When I'd politely tell them that I wasn't interested in being any more than what we were, they'd disappear. No more calls, no more communication at all. One guy had all his stuff at my house and he wouldn't even take it from me. To me it was odd to feel close enough to call someone a friend but then have them shut off without giving a second thought.

I knew a guy once and he simply told me that guys are not interested in having women as friends. When I worked, I somehow always ended up with a "work husband" but in the end it's always the same thing. IMO, no matter how great the conversation, chemistry or connection guys only want one thing.

Now, I keep my guard up around all men.

Most of the ones around me say the same thing.
I think if the relationship grows from school, work or some other non-inititated-by-any-party type of situation it appears more 'normal' to me. Anything outside of that I'm suspect :grin:. Most of the close male friends I have today have all been interested in me at some point in time. I just force my way through as a friend lol. Or, I introduce them to someone else they might like :grin:

I think that's proof right there that if a GUY gets the wrong impression when you're striking up a conversation with him, then that more than likely means that when HE does it, his thought process definitely means that he's attracted or "interested" in some way lol. :lachen:

Yep, the men I'm talking about who think that I'm interested/attracted to them because I speak to them, probably only speak to women who they are interested in/ attracted to. But trust me, I wouldn't date them :lol:. They reek of disillusion and desperation.

Thankfully this doesn't go for all men. There are many who are mature enough to realize that it's just a conversation. So I do have men who I speak to on a nice platonic basis.

That sniffing crap is really creepy. It's one thing if you hug someone or are standing downwind and catch a whiff of their perfume, but straight up sniffing? :nono:

CurlyMoo It sounds like your landlord likes you. He hasn't made a move for one of 3 reasons: 1. he's taken. 2. He's nervous and is working up to it. 3. He's not interested enough to make a move on you.

Landlord or not, he'll make a move eventually if he likes you. Wait it out and you'll get your answer for sure.

Um, sniffing you how?

Brushing up against you from behind?

I hope he doesn't have hidden cameras set up at your joint. :look:

That sniffing crap is really creepy. It's one thing if you hug someone or are standing downwind and catch a whiff of their perfume, but straight up sniffing? :nono:

Oh Lawd! This hidden cam situation is a feeling I had from the day I moved in. I checked the vent in my bedroom and bathroom when I moved in and didn't see anything. Will do a sweep of the apartment. Damn, if he's watching me I better take this scarf off my head. :lol:

I thought it was odd but I'm not creeped out by the sniffing. I just figured me like to smell women. It wasn't an overt sniffing but pretty subtle of my hair and perfume when he was standing in front of me. He never put his nose on or near me. I didn't make anything of it as I was wearing some sweet perfume at the time. And he did that on the first meeting. Hasn't done it since. Although odd, I thought the way he did it was kind of cute. Could just be a male thing.:perplexed

Now the brushing me from behind. Again happened once and on our last meeting. It's a short narrow area in front of the desk. However, he has passed me before and did NOT brush against me. The difference was I was wearing a jacket. The reason I note this is because, the guy who spoke to me didn't touch me at all when he passed me. So not sure. I wish he would state intentions already or he's going to touch or do the wrong thing and everything is going to go up in smoke. Attraction or not, I will create a very nasty scene if I feel I am being molested.

As of now I'm thinking he's feeling awkward about me as an attraction which leads itself to awkward movements. Another thing that happened when we met for the apartment showing; when I stepped out of my car he dropped his cell phone.

I thought that was funny because he's a very composed man. But then when he went to open the apartment door. I said something to him that made him look back at me and he dropped his cell phone again on the stairs. I was wearing a lowcut top at the time so maybe big boobs frighten him a bit. :lol:

@CurlyMoo It sounds like your landlord likes you. He hasn't made a move for one of 3 reasons: 1. he's taken. 2. He's nervous and is working up to it. 3. He's not interested enough to make a move on you.

Landlord or not, he'll make a move eventually if he likes you. Wait it out and you'll get your answer for sure.

He seems very nervous and shy around me. And I am nervous around him. He's also very good looking and tall, can't imagine him single at all. All this thinking. :drunk: I have been churning my brain trying to figure this out and apart of me says to wait it out, another says to ignore him completely for my sanity. :nono:

I have had a strange feeling that we will be in a situation where he and I will be able to see if this is BS or the real deal.

An associate I met a Lowes a month ago was very friendly with me. Well today I went by to see if the fire place I wanted went on sale. He was there. I told him about my new tv and how I needed to rent a truck and have it delivered myself. He said he could do it for me. And that's what he did. Went and got it for me and took it to my place and set it up. Then he proceeded to ask me out to lunch. LAWD! :drunk:

Last edited:
An associate I met a Lowes a month ago was very friendly with me. Well today I went by to see if the fire place I wanted went on sale. He was there. I told him about my new tv and how I needed to rent a truck and have it delivered myself. He said he could do it for me. And that's what he did. Went and got it for me and took it to my place and set it up. Then he proceeded to ask me out to lunch. LAWD! :drunk:

You go, girl. *snap snap*

You go, girl. *snap snap*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2iw6bug.jpg

No Bueno!!! Dude showed up at my door unannounced this morning. I stayed right in bed until he drove off. Who does this mess?!!! :nono: I take it dude is really interested. Or itching to get a beat down then cops called on him for assault and battery. :spinning:

What he'd want?

He wants to court me. He said he came earlier to ask me out to lunch. He doesn't have my cell number. I told him I would text him when I was ready. I tried to exchange numbers with him but he said he doesn't have service on his phone and that texting is the only thing he can do. :look: There's a bit more though............

Last edited:
He wants to court me. He said he came earlier to ask me out to lunch. He doesn't have my cell number. I told him I would text him when I was ready. I tried to exchange numbers with him but he said he doesn't have service on his phone and that texting is the only thing he can do. :look: There's a bit more though............

Wait... Is this the landlord or the guy from Lowes? :look: I'm nosey... Back to lurking :look:

So... wait. I thought he'd already asked you out. I need to go back and re-read. Anyway, a grown man without a phone :nono: Just when I think, "how hard can dating be," some weirdo changes the game :lol:

ETA: I re-read. Ok, so coming by a single woman's house unannounced is not hot. Stalker.

Last edited:
No Bueno!!! Dude showed up at my door unannounced this morning. I stayed right in bed until he drove off. Who does this mess?!!! :nono: I take it dude is really interested. Or itching to get a beat down then cops called on him for assault and battery. :spinning:

The lowes guy? Yeahh that kinda seemed dangerous letting him know where you live.

The lowes guy? Yeahh that kinda seemed dangerous letting him know where you live.

Right now he's just annoying. He was helping me move my television. Maybe it's a miscalculation on my part, but for some reason I feel enlightened. I know exactly where he works and his co-workers have seen us together on several occasions.

Well looks like if guys are interested they not only talk to you they apparently show up unannounced. :lol:

Last edited:
So... wait. I thought he'd already asked you out. I need to go back and re-read. Anyway, a grown man without a phone :nono: Just when I think, "how hard can dating be," some weirdo changes the game :lol:

ETA: I re-read. Ok, so coming by a single woman's house unannounced is not hot. Stalker.

Dude is worst than weird, he's possibly deceitful and may be married. The first meeting he was wearing a ring on his finger, he took it off when I wasn't looking. I noticed it the moment he got all friendly. Then it was gone when he told me to take a look at the buttons on the generator he was showing me. This time I saw him struggling to take it off behind his co-workers back. I asked if he was married, he asked if I saw a ring on his finger. :perplexed Girrrrl I was looking right at the deep ring imprint glistening with fresh sweat. Later I asked him again and he said NO!. Then what's the ring for? And why hide it? Maybe he's a born again virgin and it's a promise ring to the Lord. :drunk:

When he asked me out I said I had to think about that, because I think he may have a woman in his life. Then he proceeded to tell me a bunch of drivel about his first wife who died during child birth. Oh, the baby died too. And then his 2nd wife who he "divorced" but he changed the subject when I pressed the issue. :rolleyes:

Anyway, ladies I'm good. Got my tv sitting in the living room and I'm basking in the delight of surround sound. :lol: I didn't have to go rent a van and drag my nephews from 30 miles away. Although it was a better option, I think I was meant to have this experience for personal growth.

Will I do this again? No! However, there is something about the simple-minded manipulations of men that I find to irresistible to not be amused.

Wooo chile, you know I prayed last night for GOD to show me the way with the Landlord and men in general. And he sent me this hillbilly namchucka to help clear my head. Yes he did! :yep: I now have no interest in anything other than balancing my check book, racking up more work hours, being more direct/blunt about where people stand in my life, getting financially & physically fit and getting a much needed seaweed body wrap. :yep:

Thank you for this thread, it has truly helped me more than you know. :yep::spinning::grin:

Back on topic with OP. I'm also a member of a very diverse forum with male members. And quite a few men have said that they will never and rarely ask a woman out. They usually wait for her to make the move or for her to chase them.

Back on topic with OP. I'm also a member of a very diverse forum with male members. And quite a few men have said that they will never and rarely ask a woman out. They usually wait for her to make the move or for her to chase them.

Wow...Smdh.

Um, haven't read the blog, but "talking to" and "liking (for a relationship)" differ greatly. Sometimes, and often, men talk to women they want a one-nighter from. Who are we kidding here?

Back