I tried Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship....

im interested in this. :scratchchand when you say cheap how cheap do you mean? I'm gonna hit up target this weekend. im trying to find what works with my hair ASAP! i dont have enough money to be a PJ anymore

I just bought a bottle of this at Target. Will be back with my review of it!:yep:

Ok, I just CW with this and am very happy with it. For the price it's surprisingly luscious and thick. This is coming from a straight up hair snob that has an aversion to drugstore products but CW with dominican conditioners was hurting my pockets so I had to find a cheaper alternative. This isn't watery at all like most cheapies are and has earned a spot in the permanent rotation. The only drawback for me is the perfume-y smell. It's nice but a little overpowering.

I hope none of you ladies live in my neighborhood because I am going to clean Target OUT!:yep:

im interested in this. :scratchchand when you say cheap how cheap do you mean? I'm gonna hit up target this weekend. im trying to find what works with my hair ASAP! i dont have enough money to be a PJ anymore

I paid $2.99 at Target for the smaller size. They had a bigger one for $5+.

Ok, I just CW with this and am very happy with it. For the price it's surprisingly luscious and thick. This is coming from a straight up hair snob that has an aversion to drugstore products but CW with dominican conditioners was hurting my pockets so I had to find a cheaper alternative. This isn't watery at all like most cheapies are and has earned a spot in the permanent rotation. The only drawback for me is the perfume-y smell. It's nice but a little overpowering.

I hope none of you ladies live in my neighborhood because I am going to clean Target OUT!:yep:

LOL ... yeah, the perfume smell is a little strong, but I love the smell so I'm OK with that. You just wait until you get that leave-in, girl. The leave-in sets it off. I know you're probably like "Does it really, Tara?" Well I'm telling you it does. When I was applying it to my hair last night, I was like "This is too good to be true. Am I trippin'?" Alas, I was not.

Welp, I used the LTR conditioner last night (I deep conditioned with it under the dryer). First of all, the conditioner smells amazing (just like perfume) and is very thick and rich. It immediately made my curls pop and even made them hang down a little more (just because it’s so rich and thick). Honestly, the smell and consistency of it reminded me of the Loreal Vive Pro Smooth Intense conditioner (which is another great conditioner). So the bottom line is: I really, really like the LTR conditioner, and it officially gets a heartfelt
icon14.gif
from me.

BUUUUUTTTT … the real star of the system is indeed the leave-in. I found some at my local Target last night (on sale no less), so I was beyond thrilled. After I put that leave-in on my hair, that’s when the magic started to happen. My curls popped like crazy! It literally looks like my hair is darker; that’s how moisturized my curls are. I love it when a product works and isn’t too expensive to boot. Again, the leave-in is key here, just as others have already mentioned.

This is a definite keeper … and I want to sincerely thank all the ladies (Tiffers) who shouted it out and made me go buy it (Tiffers).

Yes … I said made me go buy it. Y’all know I can’t control myself.

I swear I read this recap and felt my chest get warm....

LOL ... yeah, the perfume smell is a little strong, but I love the smell so I'm OK with that. You just wait until you get that leave-in, girl. The leave-in sets it off. I know you're probably like "Does it really, Tara?" Well I'm telling you it does. When I was applying it to my hair last night, I was like "This is too good to be true. Am I trippin'?" Alas, I was not.

I can't wait to try it! Lacio Lacio is my staple leave-in but I want to have some other alternatives.:yep:

WOO HOO! I'm glad you like it, you hair snob! :lol:

I'm glad I live in a small town and don't have to worry about you ruthless LHCF vultures buying up all of the conditioners in town! :lachen:

I found some at Walmart tonight. I got the big sized shampoo and conditioner and 2 bottles of the leave-in. I just got done washing my hair, and yeah. It's just like y'all said. I didn't think the smell was too overpowering, but then I don't have a sensitive nose. I use a very small amount of shampoo on my scalp only, but it did lather up quite well. The conditioner is rather thick and rinsed out like a dream. And yes, the leave-in is superb!!!! I can't wait to see how my hair will feel in the morning! My new growth looks and feels great - it does make the waves stand out, so it looks like I got a little more new growth than I thought up there. These are my new staples. I had been using Biolage for years, and I would try new things every now and again, but I always ended right back up with my Biolage. But this might be goodbye for good. My hair feels great, can't wait to see it in the morning. Ladies, you will not be disappointed, and the price is great to boot!

Welp, I used the LTR conditioner last night (I deep conditioned with it under the dryer). First of all, the conditioner smells amazing (just like perfume) and is very thick and rich. It immediately made my curls pop and even made them hang down a little more (just because it’s so rich and thick). Honestly, the smell and consistency of it reminded me of the Loreal Vive Pro Smooth Intense conditioner (which is another great conditioner). So the bottom line is: I really, really like the LTR conditioner, and it officially gets a heartfelt
icon14.gif
from me.

BUUUUUTTTT … the real star of the system is indeed the leave-in. I found some at my local Target last night (on sale no less), so I was beyond thrilled. After I put that leave-in on my hair, that’s when the magic started to happen. My curls popped like crazy! It literally looks like my hair is darker; that’s how moisturized my curls are. I love it when a product works and isn’t too expensive to boot. Again, the leave-in is key here, just as others have already mentioned.

This is a definite keeper … and I want to sincerely thank all the ladies (Tiffers) who shouted it out and made me go buy it (Tiffers).

Yes … I said made me go buy it. Y’all know I can’t control myself.

See now I gotta go buy it!:nono: Y'all make me sick!!! :lachen:

WOO HOO! I'm glad you like it, you hair snob! :lol:

I'm glad I live in a small town and don't have to worry about you ruthless LHCF vultures buying up all of the conditioners in town! :lachen:

Thanks for starting this thread Tiffers. You know a girl can never have too many conditioners.:yep:

I found some at Walmart tonight. I got the big sized shampoo and conditioner and 2 bottles of the leave-in. I just got done washing my hair, and yeah. It's just like y'all said. I didn't think the smell was too overpowering, but then I don't have a sensitive nose. I use a very small amount of shampoo on my scalp only, but it did lather up quite well. The conditioner is rather thick and rinsed out like a dream. And yes, the leave-in is superb!!!! I can't wait to see how my hair will feel in the morning! My new growth looks and feels great - it does make the waves stand out, so it looks like I got a little more new growth than I thought up there. These are my new staples. I had been using Biolage for years, and I would try new things every now and again, but I always ended right back up with my Biolage. But this might be goodbye for good. My hair feels great, can't wait to see it in the morning. Ladies, you will not be disappointed, and the price is great to boot!

Yaaayyyy!! I'm gald you found it at the Wal-Mart (I'll have to remember that for later).

See now I gotta go buy it!:nono: Y'all make me sick!!! :lachen:

:grin: You won't be sorry, Glam. I'd be interested in hearing your review of it too.

Ok TaraDyan's review sold me. I was out in sleet and rain last night looking for this. Found the conditioner but not the leave in. I am going to Target on my lunch break. Ya'll save me at least one bottle. :grin:

I found the conditioner, but no leave in. I was going to just not buy it at all, but I figured, what the hell, might as well, right? Got home, rinsed, popped some of this on my head and left it for about 2 mins while I washed my face.

I could actually FEEL my hair getting heavier as the tangles miraculously disappeared.:drunk:

When I rinsed after TWO minutes, I swear I thought my hair was melting. I've been on a natural kick for awhile now, juice n berries and all that...but if I'm just gonna rinse em out a few chemicals/cones/unpronounceable ingredients never hurt anybody....right? :look:

'cuz I am NOT about to stop using this stuff!

Any relaxed ladies using this? I'm feeling a little tempted over here and just wondering if it works on relaxed hair???

Any relaxed ladies using this? I'm feeling a little tempted over here and just wondering if it works on relaxed hair???

I'm relaxed and currently 11 weeks post relaxer. It worked great for me. Give it a try and if you don't like it, you're only out 3 bucks!:yep:

YAAAAY!

Girl, isn't the conditioner and leave-in combo a knockout? :boxing:

I love this stuff!

Last edited:
I just bought this foolishness today at Target with my buy 2 get 1 free coupon. I can't wait to try it tonight. Who stared this thread anyway? OP, you need a :spank::spank: for makin' us go out and buy this stuff! Shame on you! I need more hair products like I need a hole in my head! Shoot. Now I gotta try the one for curly hair, too...........:ohwell:

My local Kroger has the con, poo, and leave-in and the regular sizes were 3 for 8.99. I bought the con and two leave-ins :lachen:.

I didn't really like the HE like I hoped I would, but I think I may need to clarify or my water is hard because none of my products are working for me right now :perplexed.

I found the conditioner, but no leave in. I was going to just not buy it at all, but I figured, what the hell, might as well, right? Got home, rinsed, popped some of this on my head and left it for about 2 mins while I washed my face.

I could actually FEEL my hair getting heavier as the tangles miraculously disappeared.:drunk:

When I rinsed after TWO minutes, I swear I thought my hair was melting. I've been on a natural kick for awhile now, juice n berries and all that...but if I'm just gonna rinse em out a few chemicals/cones/unpronounceable ingredients never hurt anybody....right? :look:

'cuz I am NOT about to stop using this stuff!

That's right :yep:

And besides, it has water, raspberry juice AND citric acid (citrus is natural :yep: ) so this stuff is pretty much natural......... :look:

My local Kroger has the con, poo, and leave-in and the regular sizes were 3 for 8.99. I bought the con and two leave-ins :lachen:.

I didn't really like the HE like I hoped I would, but I think I may need to clarify or my water is hard because none of my products are working for me right now :perplexed.

Have you tried chelating? A few weeks ago, my hair was actin a fool and NOTHING was working for me. Long story short, I chelated and problem solved!

Have you tried chelating? A few weeks ago, my hair was actin a fool and NOTHING was working for me. Long story short, I chelated and problem solved!

Thanks for the tip Tiffers! I know something must be wrong with my hair because everyone else has nothing but praise for the LTR. I've seen chelating mentioned on the board, but I'm still not sure what it is :ohwell:. Off to the searches for me!

Thanks for the tip Tiffers! I know something must be wrong with my hair because everyone else has nothing but praise for the LTR. I've seen chelating mentioned on the board, but I'm still not sure what it is :ohwell:. Off to the searches for me!

Kenra has a great chelating poo. It supposed to be more cleansing than a clarifying poo. I think it is supposed to really penetrate that hair and all that good stuff:grin:

Kenra has a great chelating poo. It supposed to be more cleansing than a clarifying poo. I think it is supposed to really penetrate that hair and all that good stuff:grin:

Sounds great, but I'm on a bit of a budget and Kenra sounds expensive. I just did a search and I'm going to try the ORS Aloe Shampoo. Does this sound good?

Thanks for saving me some ladies! :yep: I got my con and leave in about an hour ago. There was a bunch of poo on the shelf and hardly any con and leave in! :look: Ya'll move fast at cleaning the shelves!

Sounds great, but I'm on a bit of a budget and Kenra sounds expensive. I just did a search and I'm going to try the ORS Aloe Shampoo. Does this sound good?

Yep, that's what I used. Worked like a charm and it's only like 3 bucks :yep:

Back