I ended my engagement and relationship today.

vivEz daNs lamouR

I was very upset about it earlier this afternoon, but I'm actually okay right now. In a nutshell, it wasn't HIM, it was his mother and the fact that he put her first ahead of me ALL the time to the point where my needs and feelings were being neglected. I'm not willing to get married under such conditions. (That and the fact that I found out today that she's been doing voodoo to break us up).

We live together so right now I'm at my mother's and will stay here until he moves out so I can move back in.

*sigh* Back to the single cess pool I go..

I was very upset about it earlier this afternoon, but I'm actually okay right now. In a nutshell, it wasn't HIM, it was his mother and the fact that he put her first ahead of me ALL the time to the point where my needs and feelings were being neglected. I'm not willing to get married under such conditions. (That and the fact that I found out today that she's been doing voodoo to break us up).

We live together so right now I'm at my mother's and will stay here until he moves out so I can move back in.

WHAT?
Are you sure VIV?
Maybe once he sees how serious you are he will realize the error of his ways?
I will be praying for you!
:bighug:

WHY IN THE WORLD would his mamma be doing voodoo so yall could break up. WOW!

Wow to the voodoo part. If his mother is that wicked that she was trying to put something on you, you did not need to marry into that family. You are strong for knowing that you have to come first, even before Momma. She probably put a root on her own son to get him so whipped. Good luck, the single cess pool isn't that bad..

Oh no!!!! I think its good you walked away. You dont need to marry into this type of family :nono:. Voodoo....are you serious??? I'd pray for God to continue to protect you.

I was feeling misty-eyed about your loss until I got to the voodoo part. Haul-hiney and don't look back.

I pray that God grants you discernment in this matter.
God is bigger than his mother and her witchcraft. So don't even trip off of her!
If that's his only problem.....I pray that you can work things out.

I am so sorry to hear the news. I am glad you found out about these conditions before you said "I DO" and that you ar feeling a little better. In the meantime, you need to pray for this lady and her evil spirits and energy. You MUST pray for your own protection as well. My hugs go out to you!

Hi. How long were u two together? I'm kinda in a similar situation so I know what you mean about your needs and feelings not being met. What the heck kind of voodoo was she doing? That's scary. Just stay strong and be encouraged u will be good just give yourself time to heal.

Damn, his mom wasn't fooling around...VOODOO?! :perplexed

If he wasn't meeting your needs, then you were right to go...but maybe there's a chance you two could still work things out? He might just see the error of his ways and man up now that you're gone...

Either way, big hugs sweetie, I know ending the relationship was a very difficult thing to do.

Sorry to hear! A part of me just wants you to still be with him...it must be hard. I hope whatever happens you find happiness.

Wow, sorry to hear it. I'm still trippin over the voodoo thing (thats deep!)

You have to do whats best for you. Take it a day at a time and hopefully he'll know you're being serious on this.

-A

Thanks ladies. I was hopeful that we could try to work things out but the shoe hit the fan yesterday when he told his mother she could come stay with us without even asking me about it or getting my opinion. From there it's been a rollercoaster of a ride today, which eventually ended with me finding out about the voodoo.

I don't really see us getting back together because his mother will always be his mother no matter what and that's never gonna change. My best bet is to pick myself and leave while I still can.

As for the voodoo, whenever we went to her house, I would eat what she cooked. Didn't realize that she was dishing the food out and had it set and would hand me my bowl before I ate, so I'm pretty sure she's the reason I was almost near death back in April.

Then this afternoon, my mother went to check the boiler in my apartment and a BIG grey bird flew up towards the ceiling and then crashed down. Come to find out the bird was placed there, (if you saw how this room looked, you'd know it's not possible for a bird to just fly there, aside from the fact that my doors are never just left wide open) and in the Berber tradition, you place a grey bird in the house of a couple that you want to break up. They say when the bird dies, the love dies as well. :nono:

I was very hurt, and partially still am, but I'm more so concerned for my life and the lives of my family at this point.

Wow to the voodoo part. If his mother is that wicked that she was trying to put something on you, you did not need to marry into that family. You are strong for knowing that you have to come first, even before Momma. She probably put a root on her own son to get him so whipped. Good luck, the single cess pool isn't that bad..

The pools in NYC are :lol:

Hi. How long were u two together? I'm kinda in a similar situation so I know what you mean about your needs and feelings not being met. What the heck kind of voodoo was she doing? That's scary. Just stay strong and be encouraged u will be good just give yourself time to heal.

We were together for just over a year and a half.

Wow. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did but sounds like it was for the best.

Any problems you have now only become magnified after marriage, so his mommy issues would really be a beast. Vodoo?:nono:

curious to know - what's the berber tradition?

As for your breakup, everything (even when we can't understand it) happens for a reason - big ((hugs)) to you it'll hurt initially but time can heal all wounds.:yep:

ok - I googled it :grin: are they Arabic or Morracan? I didn't even know they did voodoo - aren't they muslim? I swear I learn something new on this board daily.

Aww poor baby. Did you know she hated you? You can come stay with me. I'mma have to think about MPJ movin' in though:nono:

No idea at all. I know she loves him enough to want him all to herself though.

Do you have your driver's license? I'm thinking about Texas. :lachen:

Maybe the judicial system should send our males down south instead of jail. Teach them a little something something. :look::lol:

LOL all I needed was you to come in here. Now I'm all "Sad wha, sad who?" (tried my best @ a Jay-Z pun, clearly I'm not skilled enough, lol.)

ok - I googled it :grin: are they Arabic or Morracan? I didn't even know they did voodoo - aren't they muslim? I swear I learn something new on this board daily.

Berbers are considered different from Moroccan Arabs because they're more from the countryside. Like, you're either an Arab or a Berber and voodoo is big in Berber culture.

No idea at all. I know she loves him enough to want him all to herself though.

LOL all I needed was you to come in here. Now I'm all "Sad wha, sad who?" (tried my best @ a Jay-Z pun, clearly I'm not skilled enough, lol.)

Berbers are considered different from Moroccan Arabs because they're more from the countryside. Like, you're either an Arab or a Berber and voodoo is big in Berber culture.

wow - so um he was pretty cute then:ohwell: - I've seen the Moroccan boys:grin: You'll find another - trust:yep:

Back