I Did a Flexi Rod Set - PICS

GabbanaGirl

Hey ladies! So this weekend I was a little bummed because I wanted to try different options (other than braid out/twist out). And I was too nervous to try the wash and go. So I decided to do a flexi rod set, I shampooed with Keracare Hydrating Shampoo, did a protein treatment with Keracare Super Reconstructor, and deep conditioned with a mix of Jessicurl WDT and Dudley's Hair Mask.

I used Sebastian Potion#9 as my leave in, Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream, & Monoi De Tahiti Oil to seal.

The process took about four hours, not bad when it takes me that same amount of time for a braid out.

I made a youtube video which should explain it in more detail.

So here's the skinny;

BTW I used about 40 RED rods in the back and 30 green in the front.

Here are all of the products/tools I used:

381103983.jpg

381103976.jpg

After my hair was cleaned and conditioned, I separated my hair in four sections.

381103979.jpg

To set the rods, I made sure my hair was soaking wet! Then I added a smidgen of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding as a setting agent. After adding all of my flexi-rods, I sprayed the hair with Aveda Brilliant Damage Control, and sat under a hooded dryer for about 2hrs.

381103981.jpg

This is what it looked like after taking the rods out -

381103977.jpg

381104067.jpg

This is what it looked like after separating all the curls (with Monoi De Tahiti Oil) and fluffing my hair from the roots with my fingers.

381104075.jpg

381104072.jpg

this is sooooo gorgeous!! i wish i had the patience for such things...your hair looks lovely and i love the red lipstick on you!

This a beautiful head of spiral curls. Lovely. This should last you for awhile. I really like the look. Very pretty.

India

Simply Beautiful!! I have a question...how do you get the ends or your hair to stay on the rod? I havent had a chance to watch the video yet...I'm sneaking on this site:grin: I am supposed to be studying...:rolleyes:

Back