I Did a Flexi Rod Set - PICS

It can usually last for two weeks or more, especially since the curls are small. At night, I stuff the curls under a large bonnet, I don't do anything special, or sleep a certain way. I wake up in the morning, fluff out my hair, and that is it.

Thank you :yay: I will definitely be trying this style--this week!!! I couldn't get mine to last no longer than a few days without it looking a mess, but that's because I didn't separate the curls like you did, and it's important to let it dry thoroughly, which I'm sure I didn't do.

I love it!!! Hopefully, this can become a signature style for me as my hair gets longer.

For real!

I just ordered 60 new skinny flexirods on ebay. I thought I'd curbed my PJism! All your fault GabannaGirl, ALL your fault!!!! :lol:

:lachen::lachen: LOL Good luck, I am sure it will come out fine! Make sure you have plenty of free time, so you can go at your own pace!

Thank you :yay: I will definitely be trying this style--this week!!! I couldn't get mine to last no longer than a few days without it looking a mess, but that's because I didn't separate the curls like you did, and it's important to let it dry thoroughly, which I'm sure I didn't do.

I love it!!! Hopefully, this can become a signature style for me as my hair gets longer.

You are welcome!! Letting the hair dry all the way is definitely important, my second flexi set didn't dry all the way...and I looked like Miss Ceilie from the Color Purple. :lachen:

Very cute!

What procedure do you use when you wash them out? When I use to rod my hair, I always lost alot of hair due to tangles.

georgeous!!!!!! and that red lipstick wow. what color is that? we are in the same skin tone range.

love how your hair came out too, i'm gonna try this for the summer.

Very cute!

What procedure do you use when you wash them out? When I use to rod my hair, I always lost alot of hair due to tangles.

Before I shampoo my hair, I add a bunch of coconut oil, and sit under the steamer for about 10minutes (you can also achieve this by jumping in a hot steamy shower for the same amount of time). I do this because it allows me to section my hair in four sections very easily, I don't comb or anything. Then, I secure each section with an ouchless ponytail holder, and shampoo the way I normally do (in sections of 4, doing each section individually).

HTH!

georgeous!!!!!! and that red lipstick wow. what color is that? we are in the same skin tone range.

love how your hair came out too, i'm gonna try this for the summer.

Thank you very much!! My lipstick is Ruby Woo by MAC (buy a nice lip conditioner to use under it, the matte lipstick is pretty drying)

Before I shampoo my hair, I add a bunch of coconut oil, and sit under the steamer for about 10minutes (you can also achieve this by jumping in a hot steamy shower for the same amount of time). I do this because it allows me to section my hair in four sections very easily, I don't comb or anything. Then, I secure each section with an ouchless ponytail holder, and shampoo the way I normally do (in sections of 4, doing each section individually).

HTH!

So, the key is the steamer. The steamer is really great with detangling I suppose. You are like the fourth LHCFer that uses it for that purpose.

Great Job!!! Beautiful curls!!! In separating the curls, did you separate (beginning at the roots) from underneath or on top?

This is absolutely gorgeous, thanks for posting. I'm hoping to try out a new style (currently in microtwists) as I get tired of twisting (but I like styles that last more than a few days). Maybe this will last at least a week even with me working out. I tried using flexirods once as had a hard time as I was using the larger ones. I think the key that you mentioned earlier is using the smaller rods.

How in the heck do you keep from staring at yourself in the mirror ALL day? This is so gorgeous & you are too missy. One day I hope to try this when my hair grows back out.

This is a gorgeous set.

Usually when I do mine I use just 20-25 rods but I'm going to try this with slimmer rods, I love it!

Love the cake in your siggy!! :lick::lick: I need the recipe!!

It can usually last for two weeks or more, especially since the curls are small. At night, I stuff the curls under a large bonnet, I don't do anything special, or sleep a certain way. I wake up in the morning, fluff out my hair, and that is it.

Can you post pics of it after being slept on? I don't think my hair likes to be slept on because I had a similiar stlye a whle back and it looked :nono: after sleeping on it. I guess I sleep wild!! :lachen:

Back