I Come Into Town Periodically For Business Let's Meet (married Man)

vevster

How would you respond to this? This is just an old classmate, not anyone you were close to.

Am I crazy for feeling I don't want to go there?

I think it depends on the relationship. I had an old classmate come to town a few months ago on business. We met up for dinner to catch up. I hadn't seen him for a few years. But I know his wife, we're all in the same friend group. Plus he was on TDY and I'm now a broke college student soo... i went without guilt and knew his wife would be fine.

But that's a more familiar situation, in another I'd probably say no

He’s fishing to see if you’re down to meet up...personally. Married men do this a lot when they don’t want to say anything direct but want to see how you’ll react.
I haven’t responded. Yeah, I think you are right.

Update: After not responding to his request to meet, he has been looking at my profile. Bingo! I was right. What is the obsession with me? Go look at your wife's profile.
You’re making yourself more intriguing by being elusive. Maybe better to tell him ‘no’ out right so he isn’t wondering if there’s still a chance at a meeting

He’s messing with you- If he was about something his intentions would be clear. Tell him to go directly to hell and die.
He just might like that reaction. I would keep quiet too. He will go away when he sees nobody is paying him any attention. I did exactly what you advised to a person and it seems like they chased me down even more! Lbvs.

Now his little friend has requested to connect with me on LinkedIn. He never bothered before. I think I’ve been discussed.
You went to school with the friend too? Definitely sounds like you've come up.

It could be that they've talked about you for a "business opportunity." Not that you'd be open to that but it could be something other than a married man looking to cheat.

Back