I colored my hair w/ Indigo **Pics**

Nice color BB. I love indigo. I add a tablespoon of cornstarch diluted in warm water in my indigo recipe for it to adhere to my hair better = no more mess all over the place or me.

Also I never allow my indigo to sit - I add it to my hair immediately after mixing, leave it in my hair for about 2 -2.5 hours, rinse out, and I get very black results.

You know what i started to leave it on longer. When i took the plastic bag off it was still green in some places and blue/black in others. I should have waited until it all changed dark. Maybe next time i will live on a lil bit longer. Thanks!

Lovely! I would love to lighten the color for my own hair though.. I know there is a way to mix it somewhere on here

I really like the black on your hair! I use henna and indigo also. Except I mix my henna and indigo together an apply at the same time.

:up: Looks great, boingboing! I have been getting sick of the red tint to my hair from the henna, and I wanted to try indigo. Seeing your results have helped me decide to take the plunge!

you reminded me why I need to to another treatment in December.... that black hair looks so nice and healthy!!!

I love this! I have been thinking of going Black for a long time. I've been doing reds/light browns for over a decade so I'm nervous. Wonder if my face will look washed out compared to it. But that depe rich Black is calling me

Great thread! I've been following my henna treatments with indigo for the 9 months or so. I love love love the solid black stain it leaves. I do agree with the BoingBoing that the combo did loosen my coils, but I don't mind because I know it's only temporary. I also purchased the indigo and followed the instructions given on http://mehandi.com.

you'll have to dedicate clothes for messy procedures, I have my amla top lol

You got amazing results!! I look forward to seeing your pics after it's developed more!!

Back