I am pissed...should I be pissed!

syze6

Today is my husband's birthday. My gift to him was a spa package priced at $200. The policy for late or no show is a 50% penalty and the rest on a gift certificate. His appointment was scheduled for 1:00pm. I talked to him this morning around 11:30am. He said he was getting ready to shower and such.

Okay...fast forward to 1:49pm and I get the message that he has yet to show and the policy goes into effect. I call him at 1:55pm and he is on his way up there. He says he did some things before and was enroute to the place.

I was so pissed I gave him some words and hung up! I know it's his birthday but the whole attitude toward it is what has me pissed! Whatever he had to do should have waited until afterwards! Him going to retreive his glasses he left while out last night was not an emergency to me!

Did he know about this appointment before today? or did you just schedule an appointment for him? Also did he know about the policy because it doesn't make sense for him to know about the policy and waste half of 200 bucks. Especially when its basically his money since you two are married and its coming from you. If you just sprung this up on him this morning then I wouldn't be too mad.

Did he know about this appointment before today? or did you just schedule an appointment for him? Also did he know about the policy because it doesn't make sense for him to know about the policy and waste half of 200 bucks. Especially when its basically his money since you two are married and its coming from you. If you just sprung this up on him this morning then I wouldn't be too mad.

I made his appointment as a suprise. This morning I presented him with a card and info about the spa this was 7:50am. Today is his off day which is why the appointment works for him. Our dinner reservations are at 8pm. He knew the policy when I spoke with him this morning.

Today is my husband's birthday. My gift to him was a spa package priced at $200. The policy for late or no show is a 50% penalty and the rest on a gift certificate. His appointment was scheduled for 1:00pm. I talked to him this morning around 11:30am. He said he was getting ready to shower and such.

Okay...fast forward to 1:49pm and I get the message that he has yet to show and the policy goes into effect. I call him at 1:55pm and he is on his way up there. He says he did some things before and was enroute to the place.

I was so pissed I gave him some words and hung up! I know it's his birthday but the whole attitude toward it is what has me pissed! Whatever he had to do should have waited until afterwards! Him going to retreive his glasses he left while out last night was not an emergency to me!

I hope you are talking about sunglasses, because coming from someone who has worn glasses since the 4th grade, leaving them anywhere other then on your face is definately an emergency.

But I digress...I would not be mad because he is the one that missed out on a day of relaxation. Yeah you wasted money on a thoughtful gift, and I can see how this can come across as inconsiderate on his part, but charge it to the game, and remember on his next birthday not to give him anything that has a time constraint on it. I believe in picking and choosing your battles, and his irresponsibility should not be a battle that you should fight if it isn't jepordizing your health, family, or financial stability. You said what you had to say on the phone, he heard you, so now it's time to move on. To get back at him...you should make him take you to dinner for his birthday, have a few drinks, laugh the night away, go home and color...:blush:

I hope you are talking about sunglasses, because coming from someone who has worn glasses since the 4th grade, leaving them anywhere other then on your face is definately an emergency.

But I digress...I would not be mad because he is the one that missed out on a day of relaxation. Yeah you wasted money on a thoughtful gift, and I can see how this can come across as inconsiderate on his part, but charge it to the game, and remember on his next birthday not to give him anything that has a time constraint on it. I believe in picking and choosing your battles, and his irresponsibility should not be a battle that you should fight if it isn't jepordizing your health, family, or financial stability. You said what you had to say on the phone, he heard you, so now it's time to move on. To get back at him...you should make him take you to dinner for his birthday, have a few drinks, laugh the night away, go home and color...:blush:

LOL!!! Now that I Like!!! Yeah I lost $100 the other goes on a gift certificate!

he was out gettin some birthday nookie before the spa! and out where last night hmmmmmmm :lachen: i kid, i kid.

i mean i wouldnt be too upset, at least he went.

I wouldn't be angry with him. You gave him very little notice. When it's your day off and your birthday I think most people want to do just do their thing at their pace. It was a nice thought though. Let it go and have fun tonight.

I made his appointment as a suprise. This morning I presented him with a card and info about the spa this was 7:50am. Today is his off day which is why the appointment works for him. Our dinner reservations are at 8pm. He knew the policy when I spoke with him this morning.
Can't do that with guys. It wasn't as important to him as it was too you. Don't be too mad, he wasn't feeling it. If he was he would have been there on time.

I'd be irritated but not make a big deal of it. Let him know how you feel and then move on. The rest of the day/evening can be salvaged and enjoyable.

Ok well I wouldn't be mad. I wouldn't have even made an appointment I would've just got him a gift card and let him make his own appointment. I dont think guys are too big on the spa like that.

Back