How Would You Feel About Your So/husband Describing You As...

Would you like to be referred to as a Plain Jane?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 80 98.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tbh, I don't believe anything men say about their 'type'. Men want what they can't have; if he's a cheater, he will cheat on you; men will cheat if they have an overwhelming number of available options and don't understand/care about the concept of not putting themselves in tempting situations.

It doesn't matter if your SO/DH tells you he likes or dislikes makeup, flashy clothes, extrovert, introvert personalities, "I like my women to stay home and not talk too much", "I like women who are the life of the party". None of these words matter, coming from a man. This goes in 1 ear and out the other for me. Because, if he's made up his mind to cheat, the woman he cheats with can look/act like ANYthing. She's probably the complete opposite of what his main look like/of what he say he "don't like".

I recently started wearing makeup again. Last year, when I was dating a lot of men, they would tell me "I like women who don't wear makeup :)" please. *****, you like anything, *****.

My SO don't care about makeup. Meaning he hasn't given his opinion on it. However, he's said to me that he don't like fake hair. Cool, I usually don't wear fake hair. We're going on a cruise next week and im getting crochet faux locs. SO is all oh ok cool...so I understand for the cruise, but how long are you gonna keep it in?..... You weren't gonna get my opinion on it first? :look: i almost fell out laughing. this ***** think I care about his opinion on my hair :lol: I said no, I'm telling you what's happening and Idk hopefully a month. ***.

*****s will say anything to feel like they have some control ("i like my women like you, and you're mine. Yay!) and go do the compete opposite, for control purposes again (she's not mine, let me go conquer her. Yay!).

Tbh, I don't believe anything men say about their 'type'. Men want what they can't have; if he's a cheater, he will cheat on you; men will cheat if they have an overwhelming number of available options and don't understand/care about the concept of not putting themselves in tempting situations.

It doesn't matter if your SO/DH tells you he likes or dislikes makeup, flashy clothes, extrovert, introvert personalities, "I like my women to stay home and not talk too much", "I like women who are the life of the party". None of these words matter, coming from a man. This goes in 1 ear and out the other for me. Because, if he's made up his mind to cheat, the woman he cheats with can look/act like ANYthing. She's probably the complete opposite of what his main look like/of what he say he "don't like".

I recently started wearing makeup again. Last year, when I was dating a lot of men, they would tell me "I like women who don't wear makeup :)" please. *****, you like anything, *****.

My SO don't care about makeup. Meaning he hasn't given his opinion on it. However, he's said to me that he don't like fake hair. Cool, I usually don't wear fake hair. We're going on a cruise next week and im getting crochet faux locs. SO is all oh ok cool...so I understand for the cruise, but how long are you gonna keep it in?..... You weren't gonna get my opinion on it first? :look: i almost fell out laughing. this ***** think I care about his opinion on my hair :lol: I said no, I'm telling you what's happening and Idk hopefully a month. ***.

*****s will say anything to feel like they have some control ("i like my women like you, and you're mine. Yay!) and go do the compete opposite, for control purposes again (she's not mine, let me go conquer her. Yay!).

I don't think we were saying that men will cheat Bc his wife is a Plain Jane :lol: that's just silly Bc cheating men would cheat with snails if they had vaginas. All most of us are saying is being called a Plain Jane by either sex, especially when it's your husband, is WACK. IDK too many women IRL who wouldn't be offended by that term, particularly in regards to their SO. There are nicer ways to say your girl doesn't like dressing up, if that's really all he means :lol:

If my man called me a Plain Jane, I'd assume he meant I had absolutely no style, didn't care about my appearance minus soap & water, and was a run-of-the-mill, average woman. I'd resent that heavily lol

I get what you're saying, but your man is not the vocabulary police on how men speak and just because he said he would have responded one way doesn't invalidate what the other guy said. Perhaps your man said what he said because he was confronted by you and had time to think of a proper response to say. Or maybe he's more educated or better versed on the subject of women. Remember the age old question: Do these jeans make my butt look big? A man will lie to keep the peace.
As far as the man in your mother's story goes, it seems he married a "safe" woman and cheated on her with women he could discard.

The response about being naturally pretty was my best friend who happens to be a be a male... not my man... so there was no pressure from me at all regarding his response...so....

Back in the day this was a complement where I am from. If a man called a woman a "Stallion" he was staying you were a 10/10, Barbie style. Clydesdale was a thick version of a stallion, lol.

Ive heard it used in old movies but when I hear it a stout motherly type of woman is usually what I envision. so No. lol.

stallion is also very masculine, I've only heard that used for men

Wait what :eek:
tenor.gif

Joy Bryant is exactly what I think of as a Plain Jane, also. She looks & seems incredibly boring. She doesn't look frumpy to me, but I don't remember too many times thinking she looked real put together. There's always something...plain :lol:...about her, even dressed up.

I'm confused on exactly who would fit my definition (that's a celebrity... have to think on it). I remember thinking the same about Joy. Like it was just one tiny thing she could do to just be all out stunner, but when I just Google searched her pics... I think she looks better than I remember! I think her hair is always just slightly off (sometimes eyebrows), but her skin and small figure are banging. I actually kind of like her understated ness. She seems earthy. I guess I'm a "bohemian" type too lol. I do wear makeup but minimal, and I wear my hair in a very short natural cut. I'm not very flashy at all.

But I agree, plain Jane has a connotation (deeper than just physical expression).

Last edited:
Back