How Would You Feel About Your So/husband Describing You As...

Would you like to be referred to as a Plain Jane?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 80 98.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeRay

a Plain Jane?

I was having an online conversation with some folks and the basic conversation was about how men say they want one thing aesthetically but end up with something completely different. One guy in the conversation referred to his wife as a Plain Jane and I asked him if his wife knew that he referred to her as a Plain Jane...he said that she knows he doesn't like weaves and make up so she would be fine with it. I said there's a lot of space between wearing weaves and make up and being a Plain Jane, but he insisted his wife would be fine with it.

So would you want to be referred to as a Plain Jane?

No, in fact I'd take it as an insult. There are better ways to describe a woman that doesn't do the most without such a negative connotation, this makes it sound like she's blah and mediocre, I like natural beauty, bohemian, down to earth. I would want my man to describe me in a more flattering manner and for it to come from him organically.

Eh I am a Plain Jane so I wouldn't care. And I wouldn't take it negatively.
I don't wear make up
I don't dress in high fashion
I am pretty simple with my tastes and likes.

What makes me special? My bomb a$$ personality and my thought processes. I like being the one who doesn't "stand out" so when someone takes the time to get to know me, they are pleasantly surprised.

I don't wear make up

What makes me special? My bomb a$$ personality and my thought processes. I like being the one who doesn't "stand out" so when someone takes the time to get to know me, they are pleasantly surprised.

Lovely comment.

I don't wear make up

Your description doesn't sound like Plain Jane though...you made yourself sound awesome :)

Oh they moved the thread...I didn't mean for it to be moved. I think it would get more traction in Off Topic..I never come in here..

I don't wear make up

I could have written this entire post about myself. I am the exact same way. I was in a wedding one time and when I showed up I was all dolled up and people could not believe it was even me because they had never seen me dressed up or wearing make up in the 6 yrs since we first me. It was hilarious.

Back