How long did you know each other before you began dating?

chickle

When you first met, how long was it before you began dating.

How long was it before you became exclusively a couple?

Please do tell!

Hey Nana!

When I was in college, I knew my first boyfriend for about a year before we actually started dating.

Now, however, for the most part, I start dating someone as soon as I meet them... that could be a function of age or how I meet certain men (like at an event, online, etc.). Truthfully, at this point, if they aren't trying to start dating me soon after we meet, then I'm not going to be bothered. I don't have "talking to" phases -- either we're dating or we're not.

Then, for me, exclusively becoming a couple then should happen no longer than three months after we start dating.

Thank you Bunny!

That seems like a very reasonable if not excellent plan. I just met this guy and I really don't know if we are dating or not, but I would like for us to become friends. With my first sort of boyfriend, I knew him for a while before we actually started dating, so I was not sure if it was okay to immediately jump into it

Thank you Bunny!

That seems like a very reasonable if not excellent plan. I just met this guy and I really don't know if we are dating or not, but I would like for us to become friends. With my first sort of boyfriend, I knew him for a while before we actually started dating, so I was not sure if it was okay to immediately jump into it

It's fine to be friends with the guy that you just met... BUT...

Is he showing that he wants to be more than just friends or is he just generally being nice? Make sure you know what's going on and where you stand with him.

I think too that one can have a guy friend and it turn into dating, but for this to work, there shouldn't be "interest" in the beginning... I think women can get caught in the trap of being in this weird friend/sorta talking/dating mode with men who aren't interested in a serious relationship with them.

If you and a guy are friends already and it naturally develops into a relationship, that's cool. But if it's someone you just met and there appears to be some form of romantic interest, then he should ask you out, take you on dates, etc... pursue you, basically.

Last edited:
It's fine to be friends with the guy that you just met... BUT...

Is he showing that he wants to be more than just friends or is he just generally being nice? Make sure you know what's going on and where you stand with him.

I think too that one can have a guy friend and it turn into dating, but for this to work, there shouldn't be "interest" in the beginning... I think women can get caught in the trap of being in this weird friend/sorta talking/dating mode with men who aren't interested in a serious relationship with them.

If you and a guy are friends already and it naturally develops into a relationship, that's cool. But if it's someone you just met and there appears to be some form of romantic interest, then he should ask you out, take you on dates, etc... pursue you, basically.

The bolded is the current issue I am facing. I don't know him well enough to know if he is a flirt, but I think there is an interest. I guess I will know tomorrow then, lol

Lol, nothing special. I am suppose to go over his house to hang out. I think after this time, I will be able to feel the situation out and know where I stand. For now, I will consider him a friend.

Lol, nothing special. I am suppose to go over his house to hang out. I think after this time, I will be able to feel the situation out and know where I stand. For now, I will consider him a friend.

Okay, just be careful going over there... is it just you two?

I may seem terribly old fashioned, but don't let him get away with "chillin'" unless he's going to be totally platonic with you. I'd go over my guy friends' houses all the time to hang in the past, but those were totally platonic friends.

If I'm still just talking to someone and there's somewhat of an interest, I don't go over to hi house to hang out. But that's me. :)

I know, I kinda wasn't sure if I should and I felt like a prude for thinking that way. I will leave or set him straight if there is any funny business.

I know, I kinda wasn't sure if I should and I felt like a prude for thinking that way. I will leave or set him straight if there is any funny business.

The more I hear about this, I don't like it.

Not even for the funny business reasons (although that's part of it), but mainly because I'm tired of trife kneegrows being so lazy. Really, what are you supposed to do at his house? Why did he invite you over?

And, you say you just met him. Do you really think it's a good idea to go over to a man's house that you just met?

He can't be bothered to take you out somewhere? I mean, damn, this is the problem with men out here these days. No respectful man would just say, "Hey, come over to my house and hang out," if they were trying to get to know a woman.

If it was me, I would suggest a different way to "hang out." If you don't feel right about this, then don't do it.

I met my husband 7 yrs ago in college and we knew each other less than a min b4 we started dating. I am so serious right now. He stumbled into my dorm room with a close friend ofmine we were introduced and then he tells me that hes gonna marry me and I told him he has to wait till our first date to make that statement. We kissed and talked all night wich my hommie thought was weird but whatever. when its right you just know.
And sometimes you have to just jump in and hope that your gut feeling abt a person is correct. The next night we had our first official date and we've been together ever since.
Oh we had 3 dates before I let him sex me though(didnt wanna look like a total hoe)

The more I hear about this, I don't like it.

Not even for the funny business reasons (although that's part of it), but mainly because I'm tired of trife kneegrows being so lazy. Really, what are you supposed to do at his house? Why did he invite you over?

And, you say you just met him. Do you really think it's a good idea to go over to a man's house that you just met?

He can't be bothered to take you out somewhere? I mean, damn, this is the problem with men out here these days. No respectful man would just say, "Hey, come over to my house and hang out," if they were trying to get to know a woman.

If it was me, I would suggest a different way to "hang out." If you don't feel right about this, then don't do it.

You are absolutely right :yep:
You took the words right out out of my head. I am definitely going to steer this in another direction

Thanks Bunny!
I'm going to this thing in another direction

Texting him right now, lol

I met my husband 7 yrs ago in college and we knew each other less than a min b4 we started dating. I am so serious right now. He stumbled into my dorm room with a close friend ofmine we were introduced and then he tells me that hes gonna marry me and I told him he has to wait till our first date to make that statement. We kissed and talked all night wich my hommie thought was weird but whatever. when its right you just know.
And sometimes you have to just jump in and hope that your gut feeling abt a person is correct. The next night we had our first official date and we've been together ever since.
Oh we had 3 dates before I let him sex me though(didnt wanna look like a total hoe)

LOL, this is so awesome. This is exactly how I would like to meet my future husband

Back